Author Topic: RM owes Ainge one. Thomas could be a Celtic soon?  (Read 7365 times)

Re: RM owes Ainge one. Thomas could be a Celtic soon?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 07:50:17 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
McDonough owes Ainge exactly nothing.

If Thomas is being traded he'll be traded to the team that gives the Suns the best return

And what team has been rumored to be interested??  Celtics were and I assume with Lawson off the table still interested plus have enough picks to make this deal happen.

RM gets a similar offer from a west team or Celts, who do you think he is going to deal with?
Rumors.

How many of Ainge''s trades, big or small, that go down actually are in the rumor mill for a while before he pulls a string? Can you remember one besides KG?

When I hear how Ainge is rumored to be interested in someone to me that clearly signifies, nothing is going to happen. When his trades happen, there's almost no rumored warning.

Doc, Rondo, and Green were mentioned in the rumor mill for a while before they were dealt.

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 08:22:59 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Looks like Dragic has completely lost interest in signing with the Suns.
Which means they will likely keep Thomas.

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 08:31:09 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Doc, Rondo, and Green were mentioned in the rumor mill for a while before they were dealt.

Well, to be fair Rondo was mentioned in every potential trade deal by the press since Jesus Christ was young.  :-)
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Not willing to give up a pick for a bench player unless it's a late 2nd rounder.  I don't see a fit for Thomas on a rebuilding club.  We need meat and potatoes right now, not side dishes.

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 10:59:21 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Man, Phx has really messed up their team.

This is sad since Dragic desire to leave will cause Phx to fall out of the playoffs. With the Pelicans having health issues, even a sharp decline for the Griffin-less Clippers will not get them into the lottery. PHX and NOP are going nowhere.