Author Topic: Simple Raptors Trade Idea: Bass & Prince for Hayes, Fields & a pick  (Read 3907 times)

Re: Simple Raptors Trade Idea: Bass & Prince for Hayes, Fields & a pick
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 03:47:31 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
A first isn't a low price.  Frankly, if Masai was interested, he should be telling Ainge that the $2.5 million saved in payroll should be enough to make the deal attractive without any picks and Boston should throw in a second.  Giving up a couple of second round picks instead of a first might still be too much from the Raptors' perspective.
saving 2.5 mill is definitely not enough of a reason to give them 2 productive rotation players for 2 guys lucky to still be collecting NBA paychecks.  not by a long shot. 

Toronto would have to throw sweetener into the deal - a first would about right.  doesn't have to be for this year - could be for 2017 when we only have the one pick

A first is an overpay.  A couple of seconds, at most, sounds reasonable.

It really comes down to if the Celtics have a use for Bass/Prince this season and have any interest is re-signing either player this summer.  I happen to be perfectly happy with Bass and Prince getting playing time and possibly helping the Celtics reach the playoffs.  Other people might not be and are of the opinion that you should trade the vets for anything you can get.  Saving some money (that you might be able to use to purchase yet another second round pick in the future) might be the most you can get.

If the situation was reversed and the Celtics, as the current second seed in the East, were giving up two useless players and a first for a rental of two decent bench players, I'd be unhappy.

It would have to be a future 1st then as the Raptors 2nd isn't much different from a rookie free agent or Celts would have to include a 2nd or 2 (but I would not give up the Philly 2nds as it is not much different from where Toronto will draft)
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 04:26:40 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
A first isn't a low price.  Frankly, if Masai was interested, he should be telling Ainge that the $2.5 million saved in payroll should be enough to make the deal attractive without any picks and Boston should throw in a second.  Giving up a couple of second round picks instead of a first might still be too much from the Raptors' perspective.
saving 2.5 mill is definitely not enough of a reason to give them 2 productive rotation players for 2 guys lucky to still be collecting NBA paychecks.  not by a long shot. 

Toronto would have to throw sweetener into the deal - a first would about right.  doesn't have to be for this year - could be for 2017 when we only have the one pick

A first is an overpay.  A couple of seconds, at most, sounds reasonable.

It really comes down to if the Celtics have a use for Bass/Prince this season and have any interest is re-signing either player this summer.  I happen to be perfectly happy with Bass and Prince getting playing time and possibly helping the Celtics reach the playoffs.  Other people might not be and are of the opinion that you should trade the vets for anything you can get.  Saving some money (that you might be able to use to purchase yet another second round pick in the future) might be the most you can get.

If the situation was reversed and the Celtics, as the current second seed in the East, were giving up two useless players and a first for a rental of two decent bench players, I'd be unhappy.

It would have to be a future 1st then as the Raptors 2nd isn't much different from a rookie free agent or Celts would have to include a 2nd or 2 (but I would not give up the Philly 2nds as it is not much different from where Toronto will draft)

Would you trade Shavlik Randolph, Tayshaun Prince, and a first for Pablo Prigioni and Jason Smith from the Knicks for a better chance at the playoffs?

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 05:33:18 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Toronto doesnt do this

they dont need a PF as they have amir and patterson
they need a backup C

also they would most likely wait after the trade deadline and sign prince if a buyout occurs