Author Topic: Per Marc Stein: Bucks plan to buyout Larry Sanders  (Read 23374 times)

Re: Per Marc Stein: Bucks plan to buyout Larry Sanders
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2015, 02:56:45 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Happy Walters, the agent for Sanders, denied the report, telling HoopsHype that it's "unsubstantiated." Basketball Insiders' Steve Kyler reported that Woelfel's reports was "news to Larry."

Bucks fans have commented on Woelfel's reports as being motivated by some axe to grind against Sanders.
What agent in his right mind wouldn't immediately deny such a report? Larry's own words and actions agree with the narrative that he's not that interested in his basketball career. I don't trust agents, ever.

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Happy Walters, the agent for Sanders, denied the report, telling HoopsHype that it's "unsubstantiated." Basketball Insiders' Steve Kyler reported that Woelfel's reports was "news to Larry."

Bucks fans have commented on Woelfel's reports as being motivated by some axe to grind against Sanders.
What agent in his right mind wouldn't immediately deny such a report? Larry's own words and actions agree with the narrative that he's not that interested in his basketball career. I don't trust agents, ever.
Well, we'll know soon enough whether or not he wants to continue playing. I think Ainge should try and talk to both kidd and Sanders and see if we can work out a deal.  Wallace plus Bass for Sanders would  be a good deal for both teams if Sanders assures Ainge he wants to continue playing in a different environment. This would also allow us to keep our cap space open this summer in hopes of trading/signing for a good wing player/scorer. For Milwaukee, Both Bass and Wallace would be good bench vets for their playoff run this year.

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2015, 03:14:58 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

so you've gone from "Sanders doesn't like basketball" to "Sanders says he doesn't take basketball as seriously as other players" to "his agent is going to come under the microscope but any source saying things I agree with gets a free pass."

The only constant here seems to be that you don't want him on the Celtics. That's fine, of course, but be honest -- it's obviously not about anything rooted in fact.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2015, 03:20:50 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

so you've gone from "Sanders doesn't like basketball" to "Sanders says he doesn't take basketball as seriously as other players" to "his agent is going to come under the microscope but any source saying things I agree with gets a free pass."

The only constant here seems to be that you don't want him on the Celtics. That's fine, of course, but be honest -- it's obviously not about anything rooted in fact.
I don't want him on the Celtics, he doesn't take his basketball career seriously, and I don't trust his agent.  I'm not wavering.  All those things are true.

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2015, 03:34:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I don't want him on the Celtics, he doesn't take his basketball career seriously, and I don't trust his agent.  I'm not wavering.  All those things are true.

Please, for like the fifth time, pull up any source that has Sanders, or anyone willing to go on the record with their name, saying that he doesn't take basketball seriously.

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2015, 03:48:23 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

No, actually two of those things are true. And, curiously enough, both of those things are statements that start with "I..."

Contrary to popular belief, players don't make it into the NBA by accident. The only bit of evidence you're going to dredge up is that Sanders has said he has interests beyond basketball, unlike some of his peers. That's not a strong argument for "he doesn't take his career seriously."

Unless, of course, you're a big fan of projection.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2015, 04:05:57 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I see some people are saying that 3@$11M may not be outrageous for Sander's potential so I will throw out an idea again:

Trade Wallace for Sanders.

Milwaukee will cut Wallace anyway and save money.  Boston get Sanders but without claiming him and then can reduce the cost of the transaction by the amount of Wallace's salary that they send out.

If I am Ainge, I only do this if Sanders can convince me that he really means it when he says he wants to be an NBA player and isn't just giving this lip service to get even more money off the NBA.

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2015, 04:08:27 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

No, actually two of those things are true. And, curiously enough, both of those things are statements that start with "I..."

Contrary to popular belief, players don't make it into the NBA by accident. The only bit of evidence you're going to dredge up is that Sanders has said he has interests beyond basketball, unlike some of his peers. That's not a strong argument for "he doesn't take his career seriously."

Unless, of course, you're a big fan of projection.
He's been suspended how many times?  How much proof do you need that he doesn't take his career seriously?  Smoking pot is a violation of league policy.  If you violate league policy to the point where you're suspended multiple times and on the verge of being bought out, you don't take your career seriously.  That's my definition and I stand by it.

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2015, 04:09:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
So the question for me is, if Larry Sanders is not a headcase / is a player we would want on the Celtics, why are the Bucks looking to buy him out?

Lots of red flags with this guy.  Let him go to a team that has a competitive group in place and a well-established coach who can possibly reel him in.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2015, 04:11:06 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

Please, for like the fifth time, pull up any source that has Sanders, or anyone willing to go on the record with their name, saying that he doesn't take basketball seriously.
He's been suspended multiple times for not taking it seriously (violating league policy).  I don't need a confession.  He's guilty as charged.  He's about to be bought out for this very reason.

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I remember when people on this very board were proposing trades to deal the house for this guy. Glad I was one in the negative for him.  :-X

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2015, 04:46:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I remember when people on this very board were proposing trades to deal the house for this guy. Glad I was one in the negative for him.  :-X
In their defense, that was the time when he looked like a Ben Wallace in the making.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2015, 04:50:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

darn you saltlover!!!!!   there you go again demanding data, asking for facts, and even being so outrageous as to require actual logic and consistency from posters.  >:(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2015, 05:07:24 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

darn you saltlover!!!!!   there you go again demanding data, asking for facts, and even being so outrageous as to require actual logic and consistency from posters.  >:(
Ok, you win.  Sanders is a consummate professional.  Sign him, make him captain, and give him the Brandon Bass award for service to the community.  Just don't give him a p--- test.

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2015, 05:34:15 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Points for consistency in the face of facts that don't support your position.  ;D

I actually agree with you -- it's the Josh Gordon conundrum, but if you can't put down the bong long enough to keep your job, the fault ultimately lies with you. I don't think there's anything wrong with Sanders that a change of scenery won't fix, while you're convinced he's the next coming of Vin Baker. the truth, probably, lies somewhere in the middle.