Author Topic: Per Marc Stein: Bucks plan to buyout Larry Sanders  (Read 23395 times)

Re: Larry sanders?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Sanders is such a tease.  He could be exactly what the Cs need...the "rim protector" that everyone is clamoring for...but is is also high on the knucklehead chart so there is definitely a risk factor.  Personally, I would give him a chance if we could sign him for cheap money.   
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 10:56:21 AM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
A Zebra can't change its stripes: ....

Is a saying, I think his talent is immense and he would be perfect to compensate for Sully's defensive and rim protection liabilities but this guy is and can be a headcase.  His contract is horrible folks and he is not going to play for free.

If he gets a buyout, his contract is irrelevant.  He's going to get paid by the Bucks so the Cs may be able to get him cheap. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Re: Per Marc Stein: Bucks plan to buyout Larry Sanders
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 11:05:24 AM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
I think DA should try to get this guy. Just look at Whiteside. I know that Hassan's situation might be different because it didn't have problems with drugs but he was an headcase.

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 11:09:19 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Would love to take a chance and sign him on the cheap but I think this has to do with Sanders not wanting to play basketball at all as opposed to not wanting to play for the Bucks.

I don't see a Smith type renaissance for him because I don't think he is going to have the desire to even play anywhere else. I guess we will wait and see however.

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 11:12:03 AM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Didn't this kid get suspended for smoking marijuana?

If so I have no problem with him at all.  Sign him.  How can the NBA or any other league justify a suspension for a product that is legal in two of the states you have franchises.

Weed will be legal at the Federal level within 10 years, Colorado is a tremendous success, corporations are looking into selling weed, and nobody will ever care about it again or Sanders suspension for it.

I say sign him, Bucks loss is our gain.  These stories are so BS with the NBA making millions advertising beer and hard liquor on every telecast. 

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 11:14:39 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
The only thing that bothers me about this guy was his statement that he is unsure he wants to play basketball. Worth a flyer at a low cost, low risk salary, absolutely

Its a shame that you need to buy out a guy who is not interested in playing.
They need to find a way to waive guys like that with no cost.
(i have no problem with him not interested in playing, but he should not be getting paid.)

Because that seems like something that's very easy to prove contractually.

I'm sure the Knicks would've been very adamant that Amar'e "had no interest" in playing basketball over the last five years. ::)
Very different, Sanders clearly said he is not interested in playing.

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 11:18:19 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The only thing that bothers me about this guy was his statement that he is unsure he wants to play basketball. Worth a flyer at a low cost, low risk salary, absolutely

Its a shame that you need to buy out a guy who is not interested in playing.
They need to find a way to waive guys like that with no cost.
(i have no problem with him not interested in playing, but he should not be getting paid.)

Because that seems like something that's very easy to prove contractually.

I'm sure the Knicks would've been very adamant that Amar'e "had no interest" in playing basketball over the last five years. ::)
Very different, Sanders clearly said he is not interested in playing.

Show me where he was quoted as saying that.  An unnamed source in an article is certainly not the same thing a "clearly saying" something.

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 11:27:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No thx. Nobody is going to pick him up.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 11:29:59 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I'm sad about this, because I don't think we're in a good position to turn Sanders around. The center of gravity on this team is unstable and our best player is not a good leader yet. I hate it, actually, because what I think is going to happen is that a good team with good mojo and strong character is going to pick him up and there's a solid chance he'll fall in line. The Sanders buyout is really good news for the rich getting richer- playing with Lebron is everyone's first choice, so he'll probably go to Cleveland. Otherwise, there's Memphis, Golden State, San Antonio, and Atlanta who could all use him and possibly rehabilitate him.

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 11:30:12 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Somebody will.  It will either be a desperate team (Nets?), or a team that thinks it has a strong locker room (Cavs?  Spurs?)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Sign him!

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 11:50:19 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I'm all for trying to get him via the Josh Smith route! Don't have to give up any assets and just give him a cheap-ish contract? Do it, Danny. A Lawson, Smart, Young, Sully, Sanders lineup would be a pretty strong core!  ;)

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 11:54:26 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

... there was league-wide interest in Josh Smith.  Someone will take a flyer on Sanders if they get to pick him up for cheap.

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 12:03:13 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Sanders would be an amazing addition for the Dallas Mavericks.

I think that would be the best home for him. Great organization. Great coaching. Talented teammates. Not being asked to be leader. Asked to play to strengths. Nice sized role to get back on his feet again.

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 12:05:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Is it possible that Ainge could exact a draft pick from Milwaukee in return for taking on Sanders via the Rondo TPE?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague