Author Topic: Per Marc Stein: Bucks plan to buyout Larry Sanders  (Read 23375 times)

Per Marc Stein: Bucks plan to buyout Larry Sanders
« on: February 16, 2015, 09:46:45 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

Re: Larry sanders?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:49:27 AM »

Offline outflip50

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
The only thing that bothers me about this guy was his statement that he is unsure he wants to play basketball. Worth a flyer at a low cost, low risk salary, absolutely

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:06:28 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Here we go again with talking about this idiot? ::)

Can we please stop, this guy is a first class moron that needs to go play in China for a while to appreciate the NBA!!

Rather gut it out with our 6'9" and under starting front court.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 10:18:57 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Love the skillset.

Hate the mindset.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:23:04 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I would absolutely go after him if I was Danny, especially if he is bought out.  If he is in the right mind frame he is what the Celtics need right now, the problem recently has been that he does not seem to want to play, but I believe Brad Stevens could do a lot with him.  Sanders rim protection skills are worth the risk, especially if they can get him for next to nothing.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 10:25:41 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Why does anyone think changing uniforms is going to change this guy?  He's playing for a coach who actually wants him and still can't get his act together.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 10:34:32 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
That's a huge contract to eat by the Bucks.  On the one hand, I'm very much in favor of signing Sanders.  We still have exceptions to make him a $2 mil/year offer.  On the other hand, that the Bucks just want to make him go away, despite owing him over $30 mil, does raise even more red flags than previously existed.  Still think he's worth that $2 mil, but I'm not going to mourn his not coming to Boston should he wins up elsewhere.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 10:35:07 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The only thing that bothers me about this guy was his statement that he is unsure he wants to play basketball. Worth a flyer at a low cost, low risk salary, absolutely

This is about how I feel.
From what I've read about him, he seems to have a need for psychiatric evaluation. If he wants to really help himself and resume his career, then a new start will be a positive thing. New team mates will be a good thing. One thing the C's have, is a group of solid minded guys at it's core.

(This all reminds me of Vin Baker with his drinking problem. That never worked out.)

When his head is right, he is one of the best defensive centers in the league. Athletic, long, and very quick off his feet. Very defensive minded.

Per Marc Stein: Bucks plan to buyout Larry Sanders
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 10:38:46 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
"Buyout discussions have begun between the Milwaukee Bucks and Larry Sanders that would make the recently suspended big man a free agent, according to league sources." - Marc Stein

is Sanders still willing to play or is he done in the NBA? Maybe he just needs a change of scenery and another team that shows they appreciate him.

Danny Ainge should go after Sanders if he is bought out. No assets have to be given up so this can only be a positive for the team. He's still only 26 years old and despite all of his personal issues and constant marijuana use, I would still give his agent a call.

Re: Per Marc Stein: Bucks plan to buyout Larry Sanders
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 10:41:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
With 3 years and $33 million left?  How much of that contract are they gonna have to eat to get rid of him? 

Doesn't look good for Sanders' career; I suppose Josh Smith has had a semi-renaissance in Houston with Howard out, but Josh Smith was better than Larry Sanders has ever been. 

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 10:42:41 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

Its a shame that you need to buy out a guy who is not interested in playing.
They need to find a way to waive guys like that with no cost.
(i have no problem with him not interested in playing, but he should not be getting paid.)

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 10:46:55 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

(i have no problem with him not interested in playing, but he should not be getting paid.)

yes, tp

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 10:48:36 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Because that seems like something that's very easy to prove contractually.

I'm sure the Knicks would've been very adamant that Amar'e "had no interest" in playing basketball over the last five years. ::)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 10:48:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
A Zebra can't change its stripes: ....

Is a saying, I think his talent is immense and he would be perfect to compensate for Sully's defensive and rim protection liabilities but this guy is and can be a headcase.  His contract is horrible folks and he is not going to play for free.

Re: Per Marc Stein: Bucks plan to buyout Larry Sanders
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
if you look at the NBA over the past several decades there are tons of examples of players with problems that teams 'roll the dice on' hoping to strike gold and get a star cheap.  And they always think 'change of scenery' or 'our culture' or the coach's ego says he can turn the guy around.  Most of the time it never happens.

Go down through the years, there are tons of these guys and most if not all never get their act together.  No way you bring a guy like that here when you're trying to build a culture.  A veteran team that's struggling - like Miami, maybe. 

But here...forget it.