Author Topic: Blockbuster Trade Idea: (BOS/BKYN/TOR/UTAH) + BOS/TOR side deal  (Read 701 times)

Blockbuster Trade Idea: (BOS/BKYN/TOR/UTAH) + BOS/TOR side deal
« on: February 15, 2015, 12:50:21 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Here's the trade machine link :http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=puhyua5

This trade would be done before the 2015 Deadline on Feb 19th:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celtics receive: Lopez, Hayward, Garnett, Hansbrough, 2017 2nd Round pick (via TOR)

Nets receive: Wallace, Bass, Kanter, TPE ( for 12.0M), & a TPE for 3.4M (Teletovic)

Raptors receive: Bradley, Teletovic , 2015 1st round pick (via BKYN)

Jazz receive: Thornton, Fields, Turner, Sullinger, 2015 1st round pick (via TOR), Conditional 1st round pick from Boston (via Minnesota), 2016 2nd round pick from Boston (via Miami--Top 20 protected).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why for Boston?
- We get Gordon Hayward, and take on the contracts of Lopez, Garnett, & Hansbrough. We could buyout KG & Hansbrough. I am unsure if sending out that many veteran players along with the acquisition of Hayward and Lopez would allow the Celtics to make playoffs or better their draft pick. If Lopez pays off, maybe the Celtics could offer his expiring next year in a deal for Cousins...? It's easier for a team like SAC to part with their center if they're getting one back in the trade. If I'm the Celtics I try and trade Olynyk before Sullinger. Only give up Sully if UTAH says no.

Why for Brooklyn?
-Their pick will be swapped with ATL's. (if the lottery goes in order Brooklyn's pick is currently at 12, while ATL's pick is at 29) Brooklyn sends Teletovic to TOR for a TPE, and swaps picks with TOR who will have a slightly better draft pick than ATL. They send the ATL pick to Utah, partly for taking on Kanter, & partly for Boston taking on big contracts. They save 8.4M this year, and 5.1M next year if they do the trade. Wallace is crucial to this deal because his contract stops BKYN from saving too much money. (Remember, the more cap they clear the more money they have to go after FA's.) I don't think this trade would affect BKYN's picks much.

Why for Toronto?
- Toronto gets an upgrade at back up SG & SF/PF w/ Bradley & Teletovic. They still end up with a 1st round pick in the draft while improving their team's defense and shooting. They give up a 2nd rounder for getting Bradley.

Why for Utah?
-Are they willing to trade Hayward? Let's hope so. The proposed trade gets them 2 first round picks, a 2nd round pick, Turner, & Sully. Thornton & Fields could be bought out to save more money on the year. With their pick in the draft as well as the picks they get from the trade; its likely they could find a good replacement at SF. Kanter wants out of Utah. This grants his wish, while Utah gets minimal compensation for him.

TRADE #2: BOS/TOR

BOS receives: Hayes, future 2nd round pick

TOR receives: Prince

This deal has to be done separately as Prince cannot be traded in combination with another Celtics player. Toronto now has a lineup of:

Lowry/Vasquez/Williams
Derozan/Bradley/Williams
Prince/Ross/Derozan
Johnson/Patterson/Prince/Teletovic
Valacuinas/Stiemsma/Johnson

More trades would likely be on the horizon with a crowded backcourt. Vasquez & Williams would be the likely candidates. Vasquez for an expiring player & pick, or Williams for either a TPE or worse player on an expiring & a 2nd rd pick.

Here is the Celtics New Lineup:

Smart/Pressey
Young/Dawkins
Hayward/Crowder
Olynyk or (Sully?)/Hansbrough/Randolph
Lopez/Zeller

We still have our 2 picks in the draft this year to help improve the team. We could draft a SG/SF & a PF/C type player.

I APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK! Let me know what you like, dislike, or think is realistic/unrealistic about the trade.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:04:46 PM by CsBanner18 »