Author Topic: Trade Idea: BOS-PHX-WAS  (Read 4197 times)

Re: Trade Idea: BOS-PHX-WAS
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 06:09:34 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I don't understand.  I. Thomas has a PER almost TWICE as high as Avery.  19.7 to 10.8.  That is NOT even close!!! 

IT's plus/minus for PG's is 16th and AB's is 39th.

Guys, this is simply NOT close.  IT has put together two very solid years and has in actuality played well in his four years in the league.

Plus, Danny talked with him first in the free agency period which seems to scream that Danny likes his game!!

Smitty77

I agree that Thomas is a good player, but PER is a lousy way to compare them, and +/- is one of the weakest ways to compare players on different teams. Bradley is definitely a better defender by a large margin, and Thomas is better offensively by a similar margin. Thomas plays off the bench in a faster-paced system. Bradley has been starting and forced to learn on the run. Bradley is 1.5 years younger with less college experience.

I might prefer Thomas, too... but it's not a huge gap IMO.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 08:27:20 PM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
This is great insight on a trade that will never happen, very useful thread, I will make sure to tell all my friends about the trade that has no chance of happening.

Well then you should stay off for the next week and during the summer, because thats about 90% of the threads.

How about just stay away all together if you're going to be that way, no place for it.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 03:04:04 PM »

Offline Ea2mon

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
I don't think Phoenix would want to do this trade. The whole reason that they seem to be willing to part with Isaiah Thomas is to stop that logjam of small pg/sg that they have (Bledsoe, Dragic, Thomas, Ennis). I just don't see them giving up a potential lottery pick next year for another small pg/sg like Bradley. I like the trade from the Celts point of view tho.