Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas odd man out in Phoenix (hoopshype.com)  (Read 21260 times)

Re: Isaiah Thomas odd man out in Phoenix (hoopshype.com)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 11:47:26 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Okay player and not a bad contract. But Cs have a nice guard rotation already with Smart, AB, Thornton, Young, Turner without also adding Pressey plus Dawkins. No need for another guard.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 11:48:28 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
We already have a pg, rather save our bullets for a wing & big.   Love IT's game but the price is too high for a player that won't fit.

What price is too high?  His salary is an incredible bargain!!!  Are you talking about what the Suns are asking?  Do you know what they are asking??

Smitty77

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 11:50:35 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Okay player and not a bad contract. But Cs have a nice guard rotation already with Smart, AB, Thornton, Young, Turner without also adding Pressey plus Dawkins. No need for another guard.

Thornton will NOT be here next year and might not be here on February 20th.  Young is totally unproven.  Turner I want to see more at SF.  Pressey and Dawkins??  Really??  It is amazing that Phil is still in the league.  I love his effort, but he simply is NOT an NBA player, as much as I love him.

Smitty77

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2015, 11:55:49 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Thornton will NOT be here next year and might not be here on February 20th.  Young is totally unproven.  Turner I want to see more at SF.  Pressey and Dawkins??  Really??  It is amazing that Phil is still in the league.  I love his effort, but he simply is NOT an NBA player, as much as I love him.

Smitty77
I'm just pointing out too many guards to begin with to go shopping and wasting assets for another guard.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2015, 11:59:46 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Smitty77
I'm just pointing out too many guards to begin with to go shopping and wasting assets for another guard.
that depends on who the incoming guard would be and whether one or more of the current guards are going out doesnt it?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 12:06:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Smitty77
that depends on who the incoming guard would be and whether one or more of the current guards are going out doesnt it?
Obviously but it's Isaiah Thomas we are talking about and not Klay Thomas.

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 12:13:27 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
His contract is excellent value. He's not a perfect player, but I think people make assumptions about his game based on size and bad comps.

He's not a "natural" playmaker, but yet he averaged 6+ assists last year. Not exactly Brandon Bass.

He's too short, yet he gets to the line 5 times per game (where he shoots 87%)

He's a chucker, yet his career splits are 44/37/86

He also appears to be happy enough coming off the bench, given minutes

Would I pay him $10M+? Maybe not, but at 3 years $20M he's an absolute bargain. You're talking about a guy in his prime with enough offensive ability to score 20/night efficiently. There would be nights when Thomas + Smart would give the opponent fits.

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 12:16:28 PM »

Offline truthhurts34

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Wouldn't be surprised at all if Bradley is moved for Thomas. Both make 7.2 million this year on the dot.

Smart moves to SG with Young backing him up. Thornton's gone anyway so, thats that.

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2015, 12:23:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Wouldn't be surprised at all if Bradley is moved for Thomas. Both make 7.2 million this year on the dot.

Smart moves to SG with Young backing him up. Thornton's gone anyway so, thats that.
the question i would raise concerns thomas' defense and its impact on the celtics. bradley is a good defender and better than thomas from little i know. the celtics problem as a team this year has not been offense, but their defense.

i would worry that swapping thomas for bradley would hurt the team over all.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

the question i would raise concerns thomas' defense and its impact on the celtics. bradley is a good defender and better than thomas from little i know. the celtics problem as a team this year has not been offense, but their defense.

Bradley USED to be a GREAT defender.  I have NOT seen that Bradley in 2+ years unfortunately!!

Smitty77

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 12:32:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
No more teeny tiny dwarf guards

Thank you

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »

Offline truthhurts34

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11

The Celtic's defensive issues stem from having no rim protector or depth at Center. On top of that our team is undersized at 3/5 positions when zeller and smart are in.

When they aren't in, our entire 5 man lineup is undersized. We also have no PG depth, we have Evan Turner playing PG duties when it's not our Rookie Smart. There are tons of holes on this team, SG is the least of them.

A Bradley for Thomas swap allows Smart and Young to play SG. Smart can also play PG when Thomas sits. Much more solid than Turner and Smart sharing duties at PG.

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2015, 01:10:07 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

The Celtic's defensive issues stem from having no rim protector or depth at Center. On top of that our team is undersized at 3/5 positions when zeller and smart are in.

When they aren't in, our entire 5 man lineup is undersized. We also have no PG depth, we have Evan Turner playing PG duties when it's not our Rookie Smart. There are tons of holes on this team, SG is the least of them.

A Bradley for Thomas swap allows Smart and Young to play SG. Smart can also play PG when Thomas sits. Much more solid than Turner and Smart sharing duties at PG.

Simply could not say it any better or more clearly.  Well said!!

Smitty77

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2015, 01:10:23 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think Thomas would be a perfect addition to this team as a 6th man. Our biggest problem is scoring, Thomas would come on the team and immediately be the best scorer on our team.

The question is what will it cost to obtain him? If we can get him for Bass and a late first like the CLippers then I think that would be a steal. We probably aren't going to draft someone better than him with the Clippers pick or sign someone better than him for the same amount of money in the offseason.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2015, 01:13:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I don't think people hate to straight swap of Thornton or Bradley but any suggestion picks get add for them it's a, no thanks.