Author Topic: C's interested in Kanter per Blakely  (Read 14641 times)

Re: C's interested in Kanter per Blakely
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2015, 03:19:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't think Kanter is expecting to be paid $20 million a year to play NBA basketball.

I think Kanter wants to be paid $20 million a year to play NBA basketball if he has to stay in Utah.

If he actually thinks he's worth $20 million/year for his play then he should stop hanging out with Larry Sanders's dealer.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2015, 03:22:11 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 
  ·   1h  1 hour ago   
Executives say Utah has significant threshold for Enes Kanter deal - including young player, 1st rounder, etc - but several teams pursuing.

^ We're one of the few teams that could actually make a deal like that with all of the 1st rounders we have... Would you trade someone like KO/Zeller and the Clippers 1st for him?
I would not give up KO or Zeller.

Adding another ground bound center who can't space the floor or block shots does not make any sense to me. I would only have interest if his price was low
Kanter is clearly better than both of those guys right now and frankly I think he stays better than them forever.  Thus, why wouldn't you trade one of them and the LAC 1st for Kanter (my preference is Zeller who becomes pretty worthless on the team if you have Kanter while KO still has some nice value off the bench).

Agreed.
Maybe i'll back off of saying Zeller is better than Kanter but paying Zeller 2.6 MM next year and 3.6 the year after is certainly better than trading Kanter for Zeller and a first then paying Kanter at least $20 Mm over that same span of time.

Here is what a jazz blogger got from sources on Kanter's salary demands
"Jody Genessy ?@DJJazzyJody  3h3 hours ago
Here's how far apart Jazz and Enes Kanter were last fall: Utah offered 4 years, $32M, but Kanter's camp wanted Hayward-type money. #sources"

With him expecting around $16 MM a year do you still think he's more valuable than Zeller?

I completely disagree that he is better than Kelly though.

I know the Jazz have been bad, but his team performs really poorly with him on the court costing his team 4 points per 100 possession. While Olynyk's defense is often questioned he gives up 4 points per 100 possessions less than Kanter and is a net +1.3 compared to Kanter's net -3.8.

Olynyk's shooting allows the C's to space the floor in ways that allow an offense to thrive. Kanter clogs the paint with an inability to shoot and can't defend anyone.

Ill say it then, I would rather Zeller, a first, and the salary cap space than Enes Kanter.  He is not a fit and I do not want him, there are so many better bigs available after this season in free agency and the draft.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2015, 03:23:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 
  ·   1h  1 hour ago   
Executives say Utah has significant threshold for Enes Kanter deal - including young player, 1st rounder, etc - but several teams pursuing.

^ We're one of the few teams that could actually make a deal like that with all of the 1st rounders we have... Would you trade someone like KO/Zeller and the Clippers 1st for him?
I would not give up KO or Zeller.

Adding another ground bound center who can't space the floor or block shots does not make any sense to me. I would only have interest if his price was low
Kanter is clearly better than both of those guys right now and frankly I think he stays better than them forever.  Thus, why wouldn't you trade one of them and the LAC 1st for Kanter (my preference is Zeller who becomes pretty worthless on the team if you have Kanter while KO still has some nice value off the bench).
he may be better now but how so?  just looking for some insights I'm missing.

KO seems to be the better all-around player and Zeller seems to play harder and his offense seems to be coming around.  I've never been a fan of Kanter so I'm genuinely curious why move either of 2 assets AND a pick that could be anywhere from high-teens to lottery after the Blake injury in LA.  Also, taking into account Kanter's expected salary demands, I'm very hesitant to trade cost-controlled players of seemingly equal value for him.

I'd honestly offer them Bass or Thornton and a second for him.  salary relief for Utah as well as players that could fill a couple of voids their team has.  either one would be able to be resigned for much less than Kanter.

If Kanter was more of a defensive presense, I'd probably be more in favor of acquiring him but he just doesn't do it for me as a center.

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2015, 03:25:39 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't think Kanter is expecting to be paid $20 million a year to play NBA basketball.

I think Kanter wants to be paid $20 million a year to play NBA basketball if he has to stay in Utah.

If he actually thinks he's worth $20 million/year for his play then he should stop hanging out with Larry Sanders's dealer.
In my post I said $20 MM over the two year span that I outlined Zeller's salary for. So I was suggesting him expecting $10 MM a year (and frankly I think that's conservative)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2015, 03:45:07 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Kanter's upside is hard to pin down, as he's only 22 years old and at least has the potential to be  20-and-10 big man.

But right NOW - when he already needs to get paid? He's really not that good.

Defense: liability
Passing: none
Shot blocking: none
Shooting: under 50% for a low post player

Zeller is absolutely a better player today. His scoring and rebounding are nearly identical per 40 minutes. He blocks 3x as many shots. He's a better passer. He's a more efficient scorer. He plays better team defense. Better free throw shooter. Lower turnover rate. Higher PER, WARP and probably any other advanced stat.

It's all about salary and projection here. If you're going to pay Kanter $10M+ he needs to improve. At $3M Zeller is a bargain.

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2015, 03:50:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Zeller is a total team player .....I'm not so sure about Kanter .....whining and crying about 27 minutes ,

He wouldn't get that with Zeller ......much less a starting star calibre center we need to land eventually.

Won't work ...not worth the headache

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2015, 04:06:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

In my post I said $20 MM over the two year span that I outlined Zeller's salary for. So I was suggesting him expecting $10 MM a year (and frankly I think that's conservative)

You actually said $16/year, but  my point still stands.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.