Author Topic: C's interested in Kanter per Blakely  (Read 14637 times)

Re: C's interested in Kanter per Blakely
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2015, 08:47:54 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I don't have a strong opinion on Kanter's merits, but I'm giving a TP to the OP for stating the source's name in the thread title. I think that would be a great norm for all rumor-related threads.

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2015, 11:24:49 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 
  ·   1h  1 hour ago   
Executives say Utah has significant threshold for Enes Kanter deal - including young player, 1st rounder, etc - but several teams pursuing.

^ We're one of the few teams that could actually make a deal like that with all of the 1st rounders we have... Would you trade someone like KO/Zeller and the Clippers 1st for him?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:30:49 AM by esel1000 »

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2015, 11:33:56 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
  ·   1h  1 hour ago   
Executives say Utah has significant threshold for Enes Kanter deal - including young player, 1st rounder, etc - but several teams pursuing.

^ We're one of the few teams that could actually make a deal like that with all of the 1st rounders we have... Would you trade someone like KO/Zeller and the Clippers 1st for him?
I would not give up KO or Zeller.

Adding another ground bound center who can't space the floor or block shots does not make any sense to me. I would only have interest if his price was low
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2015, 11:46:38 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
^ We're one of the few teams that could actually make a deal like that with all of the 1st rounders we have... Would you trade someone like KO and the Clippers 1st for him?

Kanter is on strike against the Jazz. They are dealing from a position of weakness and ought not get anything close to their asking price unless they are negotiating with a similarly desperate party like a flailing team who fancies itself a contender.

I would offer them the Clippers pick and a 2nd rounder. That's what Kanter is worth to me as a promising young center with an expiring deal and no defensive game (there's still time)

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 12:09:42 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That sounds high priced to me, and to me a promising player is not compromised on one end of the court like Kanter.  That is a guy with limitations to me.

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2015, 12:29:46 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Combining all rumors (not judging merit of rumors)
C's pursuing DMC
C's pursuing Lawson
C's interested in kanter

Total meritless speculation on my part
Could Ainge be attempting a master stroke trade where we aquire Kanter (cleveland pick + expiring)and Lawson (clips pick, exp contracts) then combine with players and picks to land DMC?

Would kanter, Lawson, sully, our 2016,2018 picks and second rounder be enough?
That's a pretty good haul.

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2015, 12:36:44 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
C's pursuing DMC
C's pursuing Lawson
C's interested in kanter

Could Ainge be attempting a master stroke trade where we aquire Kanter (cleveland pick + expiring)and Lawson (clips pick, exp contracts) then combine with players and picks to land DMC?

Don't forget the most insightful rumor of all: "we are waiting for better offers?"

Which is the most pointless rumor I've ever heard. If we aren't actually in the process of a transaction, then it is self-evident that we are waiting for better offers. That's not a rumor, it's a fact presented in a weird quasi-provocative tone.

But to your point, this also occurred to me. What if the Celtics are trying direct Lawson and Kanter to Sacramento for Cousins? It makes some sense, but here are my questions: (1) Isn't Lawson kind of an older Isaiah Thomas? (2) Where is Darren Collison going? (3) If the Kings are thinking win-now-and-build-at-the-same-time, couldn't they do better at center?

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
C's pursuing DMC
C's pursuing Lawson
C's interested in kanter

The Lawson rumors were easy to tie to Cousins / Karl but now that you mention it Kanter is a worthy Cousins successor. He was supposed to be replace him at Kentucky.

All I know is if we end up with Cousins I'll burn an effigy to the great Danny Ainge.

If we end up with Kanter / Lawson we'll be a better team and could go deep in the east with Lawson at the helm.

If we only end up with Lawson I'll still be on board because he's got the shooting stroke and intangible to lead a CBS run team.

If we end up standing pat it'll be underwhelming but fine, no use cashing in if they aren't the right fit. That's how you end up paying Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon $100 million combined.

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If we end up with Kanter / Lawson we'll be a better team and could go deep in the east with Lawson at the helm.

is this code for mediocre team because that is what it would be.

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Kanter can walk in the offseason if he's that mediocre in the mean time we get a test run on a former number three over all pick. Best case scenario he shows well in the playoffs and we get him for something like 4/32-4/40, that's fine value, a moveable contract and wouldn't cap us out.

I view Lawson as a building block. The type of player that would be attractive to for Max players to play with. Don't think either of these moves turn us into a treadmill team and could be vital to establishing us a designation that Max players would consider.

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2015, 02:38:32 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
  ·   1h  1 hour ago   

Adding another ground bound center who can't space the floor or block shots does not make any sense to me. I would only have interest if his price was low
Kanter is clearly better than both of those guys right now and frankly I think he stays better than them forever.  Thus, why wouldn't you trade one of them and the LAC 1st for Kanter (my preference is Zeller who becomes pretty worthless on the team if you have Kanter while KO still has some nice value off the bench).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

This is when having DA run things makes me breathe a little easier. This is the type of shenanigans Detroit or Philly would jump at.

Be patient, better players will come our way.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
  ·   1h  1 hour ago   

Kanter is clearly better than both of those guys right now and frankly I think he stays better than them forever.  Thus, why wouldn't you trade one of them and the LAC 1st for Kanter (my preference is Zeller who becomes pretty worthless on the team if you have Kanter while KO still has some nice value off the bench).

Agreed.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 03:10:59 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
  ·   1h  1 hour ago   

Agreed.
Maybe i'll back off of saying Zeller is better than Kanter but paying Zeller 2.6 MM next year and 3.6 the year after is certainly better than trading Kanter for Zeller and a first then paying Kanter at least $20 Mm over that same span of time.

Here is what a jazz blogger got from sources on Kanter's salary demands
"Jody Genessy ?@DJJazzyJody  3h3 hours ago
Here's how far apart Jazz and Enes Kanter were last fall: Utah offered 4 years, $32M, but Kanter's camp wanted Hayward-type money. #sources"

With him expecting around $16 MM a year do you still think he's more valuable than Zeller?

I completely disagree that he is better than Kelly though.

I know the Jazz have been bad, but his team performs really poorly with him on the court costing his team 4 points per 100 possession. While Olynyk's defense is often questioned he gives up 4 points per 100 possessions less than Kanter and is a net +1.3 compared to Kanter's net -3.8.

Olynyk's shooting allows the C's to space the floor in ways that allow an offense to thrive. Kanter clogs the paint with an inability to shoot and can't defend anyone.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19