Author Topic: Your ideal 2015 draft?  (Read 8754 times)

Your ideal 2015 draft?
« on: February 12, 2015, 01:30:25 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
The Celtics are going to have 4 picks in this years draft.
-Our own first (most likely 7-11)
- Clippers 1st (22-25)
-Sixers 2nd rounder (31-34)
-our 2nd rounder (37-41)

I know it's unlikely that Danny keeps all those picks, but what would you like to see happen on draft day?

Personally I'd be happy with..

Justice Winslow. SF. Duke. A tremendous athlete with the reputation on being an ultimate competitor. Great defender and can knock down 3's. still only 18, and a lot of room for growth.

Robert Upshaw. C. Washington. Too much potential here to pass up. Upshaw is the same age as Cauley-Stein, and was putting up 11, 9, and 4 blocks the Pac Sun. He was kicked out of school for marijuana use, but if he can get into the NBDL and get his head straight I think he's a guy who will sky rocket up the draft boards. Celtics may have to trade up if they want him.

Kris Dunn. PG. Providence. Dunn is a triple double waiting to happen. He does it all on the court, has great vision, and makes the right play. I know he's on Danny's radar, and I would be stoked if we could get him.

Jarrell Martin. PF. Martin plays a lot like Brandon Bass, which is suiting because he attended LSU and could be a more than suitable BB replacement. Getting Martin in the early late 30's/early 40's would be a steal.

I Gotta say, this draft is pretty deep and may turn out to be a really decent one.

Re: Your ideal 2015 draft?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 01:35:31 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Leaning towards BPA because right now we have young developing guys at every position. We also may need simply better assets for a trade down the road.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 01:50:31 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Myles Turner with our 7-11 pick

Hope Devin Booker or Caris LeVert drop to the Clips pick, or the Clips pick drops to them...

Jake Layman or Rashad Vaughn with the Philly 2nd

Guillermo Hernangomez or Mouhammadou Jaiteh with our 2nd, stash em overseas

If the Washington pick is conveyed, Rakeem Christmas

I'd be pleased...  :P

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »

Offline MarcusStart

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
For the 2015 draft to be ideal Ainge needs to draft a center.

If he thinks that Turner will hold up in this league then I'm all for taking him with our first pick. The guy is really talented.

Guys like Johnson and Upshaw can be taken with the Clip's pick or the 76ers' pick.

Unless Ainge has plans to get a center in free agency, he can't leave this draft without a center.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 02:03:48 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
-Our own first (most likely 7-11)

Myles Turner, Mario Hezonja, Kristaps Porzingis, Justise Winslow.

- Clippers 1st (22-25)

Sam Dekker, Tyus Jones, Justin Anderson, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Dakari Johnson.

-Sixers 2nd rounder (31-34) and -our 2nd rounder (37-41)

Guillermo Hernangomez, Aleksandar Vezenkov, Jake Layman, Rashad Vaughn.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 02:17:11 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
With our pick: WCS
With the Clippers pick: Jerian Grant (If the pick isn't needed to move up for WCS)
Sixers 2nd rounder: Tyrone Wallace
Our 2nd rounder: Jonathan Holmes
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 02:21:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Cauley-Stein if he's available with our first.  If he's gone, I wouldn't be sad to get Kelly Oubre.

Clippers pick is tough, because who knows where it will be also.  If it's in the 18-23 range, I'd like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.  If its a little but later, I'd be a fan of George Lucas (from Brazil) if he enters the draft.  Would even be okay with him at 22 or so.  If the pick is late lottery, Levert or Booker (assuming we didn't draft Oubre already).

For the Sixers pick, Robert Upshaw.  For our own, Hernangomez or Jaiteh.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Our pick: Porzingis, Hezonja, Stanley Johnson  or Myles Turner

Clippers pick: Bobby Portis, Christian Wood, maybe Porzingis falls here (I think he's either going 5th or falling to like 15th.  He's going to be really good though)

Philly Pick: George Lucas (he's a good second round prospect, although I don't want him playing in Brazil anymore), Upshaw, or my new random International prospect I'm overly into:

Aleksandar Vezenkov - Eastern European playing in the Greek League (Greek League is the third best league after the NBA and Spain), he's a 6'8" SF averaging 18.1 Pts a game on 52.2% shooting and is only 19.

Here's him kicking butt a couple days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jYDtCk2KHU

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 02:24:47 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
I think it would be failure if we didn't get one quality player with high upside. We should try to move up with some picks rather than draft 4 medicore guys
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 03:06:05 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
With 4 picks I expect some trading either up or out of the draft and a likely draft and stash move.

As for the players outside of the likely top 4 (Okafor, Towns, Russell, and Mudiay) I hope the Cs get one of the following 4 with their first pick. Johnson, WCS, Hezonja, or Porzingis.

With the Clips pick its tough to predict availability. This is the pick I could likely see the Cs packaging with the #33 to move up and target a player. One guy I could see the Cs trading up for especially if they go wing with the first pick is Harrell. He isn't an ideal fit as he is a PF but as a rookie could take Bass's min as the 4th big. His length and athleticism should allow him to be a versatile defender in the NBA.

I would likely go draft and stash in the 2nd.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 03:14:51 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Ideally, we luck out and get pick 1 or 2, and draft Mudiay. More realistically, I'll be vague and say we pair our 4 top 40 picks in some fashion and get 2 players Ainge really likes.

(I'm still guessing we end up bottom 10 in the standings)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:20:11 PM by Nerf DPOY »

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 03:23:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
My ideal 2015 draft?

Clips just miss West playoffs due to Blake injury.  Their pick comes out as the #1 pick in the lotto thereby sticking it to Doc which I would love. 

We probably miss the playoffs so our pick ends up #2.  jumps from about 7-8 spot.  leapfrog the Sixers and Lakers who are in full-on tank mode and franchises I despise. 

We get a shot at Okafor/Towns and Mudiay/Russell/Johnson and really start the rebuild in the right direction.

combine the 2 seconds to get a late first and take a flyer on Dakari Johnson possibly or Hollis-Jefferson.

THAT would be IDEAL

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 07:44:11 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I would love to end up with two picks in the 8-12 range by packaging picks and go after length in Myles Turner and Looney if they are still around.

Combine that with going after Tobias Harris in free agency and the Celtics just got a lot longer and better.

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 07:52:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
At this point, bracketing "ideal" within the realm of plausibility, I'd say:

BOS 1st -- Kevon Looney (not an ideal fit, but go with upside here and hope he can play the 3)
LAC 1st -- Christian Wood (beanpole with a PF offensive game and shotblocking ability ... pray he fills out)

Then in the second round, pick up Mam Jaiteh and stash him, and use another pick to take one of the Harrison twins to compete with Pressey for a reserve guard spot.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 08:37:58 PM »

Offline NWCeltic

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
Our own first (most likely 7-11)

Kelly Oubre

- Clippers 1st (22-25)

Robert Upshaw

-Sixers 2nd rounder (31-34) and -our 2nd rounder (37-41)

Dakari Johnson, Chris Walker