Author Topic: Weak Twitter Rumor: Ainge going for Boogie  (Read 9744 times)

Re: Rumor:ainge is going for boogie
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2015, 04:21:52 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Sacramento is going to give the Boogie / George Karl pairing every chance to work out before moving him.

For those who knock Cousins' maturity, though, ask yourself:  is there any player in the league who is more entitled to explode about his circumstances than Boogie?  He's having an MVP caliber season, then management steps in and fires their successful coach.  They don't consult DMC.  They then promote Tyrone Corbin from interim coach to head coach, saying he'll coach the rest of the season.  Again, DMC isn't consulted.  Then, the Kings conduct a very public coaching search, and Boogie's name is dragged through the mud as holding up the George Karl hiring.  Boogie denies this, and says he wasn't consulted on this coaching hire.  Corbin is made a lame duck, and Karl is hired.

We don't see mismanagement like that in fantasy drafts, let alone real life.

I agree, I see no reason for the Kings to seriously consider moving Cousins now.

I think we'll all learn a lot more about Cousins with Karl at the helm, and even next year. A silver lining of this disaster of a season is that SAC will have another great draft pick, which they could probably use to acquire another All-Star caliber player in trade.

Re: Weak Twitter Rumor: Ainge going for Boogie
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2015, 04:22:33 PM »

Offline marlon.oddo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
For those of you like pearl jammer, DOS and Clover, it is absolutely not a fact that most sports news is broken on Twitter.  You must be delirious.  You get any clown with an account creating "rumors"-most of the time.

And for you people talking about the KG trade, it took 7 players and picks to get him, and I'm not sure there is a parallel to this situation.

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2015, 04:26:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
For those of you like pearl jammer, DOS and Clover, it is absolutely not a fact that most sports news is broken on Twitter.  You must be delirious.  You get any clown with an account creating "rumors"-most of the time.

"Most sports news is broken on Twitter" and "most sports rumors on Twitter are some clown with an account making things up" aren't mutually exclusive statements.  There are a lot more false rumors than true ones, but the true ones tend to show up on Twitter first.

Out of curiosity, where do you think most sports news breaks these days?  Sportscenter?

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 04:27:34 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm not expecting any fireworks before this trade deadline. Hope I'm wrong.

Cousins would be perfect.

Aw Man....getting Boogie Cousins THIS MONTH would be OUTSTANDING...especially if we could somehow keep our core.

Boogie/Sully would cause some damage in the East.

If we're going toe to toe against the best in the west, and just beat ATL last night...could anyone here imagine what Boogie would do to help this team?

Danny caused fireworks before, in summer of 2007.

Danny's did it before, he could very well pull something else off again...

So Smart/Sully/Boogie?

who do we give up?

Bradley, Kelly and lots of picks?

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 04:47:36 PM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
I don't think Sacramento would be interested in any of our players. They need players who they can build around and at the same time be a good match with Rudy Gay, and I don't think that description sounds like any of our players.

If they would like to trade Cousins then they would be interested in 2 things: picks and expiring contracts.

I would give up: Thornton, Bass and a lot of picks.

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 04:56:44 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2015, 05:08:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Simmons made a joke about it in a recent Grantland article...  http://grantland.com/the-triangle/lightning-round-love-lebron-and-the-drama-in-cleveland/

Here was his hypothetical trade offer:

Boogie for Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, Marcus Thornton?s expiring, our unprotected 2015 no. 1 pick, the unprotected 2015 Clippers pick AND Dallas?s future no. 1 pick. THIS IS GOD?S PLAN!!!! Wait, what are you guys talking about?

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2015, 05:12:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

And for you people talking about the KG trade, it took 7 players and picks to get him, and I'm not sure there is a parallel to this situation.

Actually, it is true that most sports news is broke on Twitter.

It just so happens that only a small percentage of what is held out as "news" on Twitter is actually news.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2015, 05:21:11 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Careful guys, he's breaking out the bold.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.