Author Topic: Enes Kanter frustrated with Jazz, leaves team, requests trade.  (Read 15274 times)

Re: Enes Kanter frustrated with Jazz, leaves team, requests trade.
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2015, 10:29:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Never been that impressed with him, pass.

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'd give up Olynyk for him in a heartbeat.

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2015, 11:28:17 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

There is no sense in trading KO for Kanter. KO is cost-controlled for a few more years, while Kanter is an RFA next season. They are both face-up bigs with short arms who play poor interior defense. They are also about the same age. Kanter is tougher and stronger than Olynyk, no question, but Olynyk is the more effective player on both ends.

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 12:38:27 PM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
What I've seen of Kanter this year hasn't impressed me, he's not a very versatile player and really only helps the Jazz in points and rebounding. Not elite in either category and not a defensive anchor in the middle. Gets plenty of minutes, probably frustrated that they have a young prospect in Gobert that's already more talented and clearly the future at C for them.

Just like the buzz around Asik last year, I'm much more interested in holding out for either a great player or prospect at C instead of expensive role players that might be more easily attainable but have significant weaknesses at the position.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:01:35 PM by NYDan »

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 01:53:51 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
very difficult to win a title with a poor defender at center, and kanter is a poor defender. even at his young age i don't expect that to improve much.
guys like kanter keep teams mired in mediocrity - you wonder why you're not winning, when it has a lot to do with not protecting the rim.
and if we really wanted him we could just pick him up in the offseason as a restricted free agent (jazz IMO are unlikely to match an offer).

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Not sure on this one. . .. seems interesting BUT

I'm not sure he's shown anything to justify the hype that was given when he entered the league. What's the hype about?

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2015, 03:08:35 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Jazz would prob do a KO for Kantar trade.  Or Sully for Kantar trade

I would not give up either for Kanter at this point.  don't forget he is going to be a free agent.  And I don't see us signing him to a long term big money deal.

If we can get Kanter for a TPE plus some warm bodies or a 2nd, then yes, I'd trade for him.  But anything more is out of the question.  Definitely would not give up a 1st round pick or Sully or KO for him.

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2015, 08:30:04 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Bass and a 1st for him.

He can team with Zeller and we can have an offensive center and a defensive center. Sign/extend both Zeller and Kanter for 4 years. Draft a center and let him develop for a couple of years.

I like our roster now that maybe we can get to a point where the rookies can develop over a couple of years and not be forced to play right away.

In 4 years, we would be in the position to choose between keeping Kanter or Zeller and also extending the drafted player who would be coming off their rookie contract.

Yea I'd give them the Clips pick this year. He is a solid young player that is another asset or a keeper depending on how he would fit in.

People on here are WAY over board on the "rim protector" sometimes protecting the rim is keeping a guy out of the low post. Blocking shots is over rated! Big deal someone blocks 3 shots a game, how many shots were taken 100? ::)

You always try to add talent to your team and in our case keep upgrading.

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2015, 08:49:01 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

There is no sense in trading KO for Kanter. KO is cost-controlled for a few more years, while Kanter is an RFA next season. They are both face-up bigs with short arms who play poor interior defense. They are also about the same age. Kanter is tougher and stronger than Olynyk, no question, but Olynyk is the more effective player on both ends.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but if the Jazz can't unload Kanter right now, what's his market value going to be anyway?

If we could re-sign him for reasonable money (not sure what that would be - maybe a little more than AB), then we wouldn't just be giving KO away for nothing.

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2015, 09:09:48 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I've always been higher than most on Kanter. Dominated the Nike Hoops Summit ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKBO7TbEQM0 ) back in 2010. Should have played for Kentucky after Cousins left for the NBA, Cal has stated that his presence on the practice court was one of the big reasons that team played so well.

Legitimate center size and strength, underrated foot work. As stated a lot in this thread he's not a rim protector but could be something of a space eater providing a presence around the basket.

Healthy, no major injury concerns. Has been playing professionally since a young age. If Danny thinks he could play well here, I'd be all for it.

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2015, 07:55:45 PM »

Offline howl1309

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I've read through all the discussion on Enes and thought i's weigh in. He is not perfect by any stretch but he brings something that only Sully can, a solid low post presence on offense. Sully is still very inconsistent and can't always be relied on. Zeller isn't very good and the more I watch him, the more I like Brandon bass starting.

Kanter should easily be able to come here, start and make the team better. His defense leaves a lot to be desired but he's young and can make improvements. While he won't be a rim protecter, he should be able to play adequate low post defense.

The question is how much does it take to trade for him and how much does it take to resign him. With the escalating salary cap, even if he is paid at 10-11 mil a year, it will prove to be a bargain.

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I've read through all the discussion on Enes and thought i's weigh in. He is not perfect by any stretch but he brings something that only Sully can, a solid low post presence on offense. Sully is still very inconsistent and can't always be relied on. Zeller isn't very good and the more I watch him, the more I like Brandon bass starting.

Kanter should easily be able to come here, start and make the team better. His defense leaves a lot to be desired but he's young and can make improvements. While he won't be a rim protecter, he should be able to play adequate low post defense.

The question is how much does it take to trade for him and how much does it take to resign him. With the escalating salary cap, even if he is paid at 10-11 mil a year, it will prove to be a bargain.

I've watched a few game replays of him this year and compared it to a scouting video someone had of him in college. The issue of defense is still the same. He lacks any effort to body up, challenge shots, fight for positioning. He would come in as our worst post defender, on a team full of below average post defenders. I would offer no more than a 2nd round pick for him. 3 years in the league now and he's shown no desire to play NBA level defense
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2015, 08:47:32 PM »

Offline howl1309

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Coffee- if he has made no improvement that's a major issue. It sounds and looks like a lack of interest. He has enough athletic ability to play good defense. May be he needs another voice in his head.

Is it worth spending a few of our second renders to see if half a season with CBS can make a difference? I still say yes, we just have so many assets. Could it be a bust? Yup...

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2015, 08:58:34 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Coffee- if he has made no improvement that's a major issue. It sounds and looks like a lack of interest. He has enough athletic ability to play good defense. May be he needs another voice in his head.

Is it worth spending a few of our second renders to see if half a season with CBS can make a difference? I still say yes, we just have so many assets. Could it be a bust? Yup...

if KG ever got back here to coach, that'd be a very loud 2nd voice in his head.
Other than that, what is gonna convince him to play D?
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2015, 10:17:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Not a big fan

Reminds me personality wise like Asik

I have not taken the time figure out ....what scenario might play out by getting him..

My initial thoughts is he not good enough to dump Zeller ....who is a good soldier and improving ...that's a bad idea

Kanter seems like he'll be a journey man second stringer .....tuff , big ....but limited skills.

I would be for adding him ,  IF Danny thinks he can INCrEASE his value .  In some short term way....to be part of package to land a player like Cousins one day .

I'm not for signing him to a big long extension.

I just don't know all the creative options Danny has

He and Thomas could help the C's for the rest of the season .....just not sure I want them around long term.