Author Topic: Enes Kanter frustrated with Jazz, leaves team, requests trade.  (Read 15273 times)

Re: Enes Kanter frustrated with Jazz, leaves team, requests trade.
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2015, 07:27:27 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
1. Jazz are going nowhere
2. Gobert taking away min

Kantar will not sign an extension anyways. Not the best move to demand a trade . Could be his agents idea

I agree. Not the smartest move.

He is going to be a restricted free agent at the end of the year anyway, so why not stick it out a couple of months. He just took a severe, self-induced hit to his market value as the bidding for his services seems almost to surely be decreased IMHO.

In the offseason, sign the biggest offer sheet you can get, then if Utah matches, then walk away and force a trade or go sign overseas.

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 07:27:59 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens

[delete double post]

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 07:31:30 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
Not a Kanter fan, I'll pass.  However, the "leaving the team" part is completely overblown. The Jazz's all-star break began after the Dallas game and had no scheduled team activities after the game.  He skipped the team charter because he wasn't returning to Utah for his time off.  Despite a long-standing desire to be traded, he's never been a locker room problem and has played hard (just not effectively).

Good point. I missed that entirely.

If he doesn't show for that first post-break practice/game, then there is an issue. Totally overlooked the schedule angle.

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2015, 07:34:40 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not a Kanter fan, I'll pass.  However, the "leaving the team" part is completely overblown. The Jazz's all-star break began after the Dallas game and had no scheduled team activities after the game.  He skipped the team charter because he wasn't returning to Utah for his time off.  Despite a long-standing desire to be traded, he's never been a locker room problem and has played hard (just not effectively).

Well that is a little better.

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2015, 07:57:52 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I want Enes!!!!! He got hosed at UK by the NCAA by the way lol..but he is only 22 and think he can be better
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2015, 08:33:49 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I dont think Kanter is a fit in Boston, like others have said not a rim protector and a bad fit next to Sully and KO on D.

I'm also not sure what the Jazz will want for him, I suspect a lightly protected 1st gets the deal done. He is a restricted FA so the team that makes the deal has to figure on paying him this offseason.

A few teams I could see making a play for him.

1. Miami, nice fit next to Bosh at 22 he would be their youth. Not sure they have much to offer.

2. Bucks, they have length and good defensive players an offensive minded big could be a nice fit.

3. Raptors, need to upgrade their big man rotation Kanter does that while also adding youth. Do they do a ross for Kanter swap?

4. Pacers, not sure if he is a good enough defender for their system but he would give them another option on O.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2015, 08:43:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
There is good and bad with him .  It's about a wash .    He is Younger than couple of our players and might get better ( might) no guarantee .  But , there has always been something Asik like in mental makeup I dislike.

Zeller has a great work ethic and attitude .   Very mature and professional..keeps his mouth shut and plays hard when called on........frankly I don't feel the same about Kantor.   I think he ll always be unhappy .
Kanter doesn't want to be a backup .....yet that is precisely what he is .....he'll be mad when Celtics get a true franchise center one day.

Zeller is willing backup , realizes his place ......I like this ....team first always

The downsides of attitude,  extension expectation , lack of defensive presence .....don't make it worth all the trouble .   Don't want to extend him on Celtics .....he is not the franchise center we need.

I d pass ......trade KO for a much better piece or trade up for Stein in the draft.

No way I d trade KO for him .   Zeller is a better fit with the present team .   

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:52:10 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2015, 08:52:43 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
There is good and bad with him .  It's about a wash .    He is Younger than couple of our players and might get better ( might) no guarantee .  But , there has always been something Asik like in mental makeup I dislike.

Zeller has a great work ethic and attitude .   Very mature and professional..keeps his mouth shut and plays hard when called on........frankly I don't feel the same about Kantor.   I think he ll always be unhappy .

The downsides of attitude,  extension expectation , lack of defensive presence .....don't make it worth all the trouble .   Don't want to extend him on Celtics .....he is not the franchise center we need.

I d pass ......trade KO for a much better piece or trade up for Stein in the draft.

No way I d trade KO for him .   Zeller is a better fit with the present team .

I agree. I could see a scenario where KO is traded along with picks to bring in a real starting caliber defensive anchor type center (no idea who) and Zeller becomes a Taj Gibson like 3rd big. In my scenario I would like to see a 3 big rotation and a starting SF who can also play the small ball 4.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2015, 08:59:42 AM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
If we are really trying to unload Brandon Bass, Marcus Thornton, and Tayshaun Prince and we aren't getting any bites then why no try to couple two of them together or one of them and a second rounder or two and see if the Jazz bite, if they do then you try Kanter for a half a season and if not then we keep Bass and Thornton. No harm no foul

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2015, 09:21:19 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
If we are really trying to unload Brandon Bass, Marcus Thornton, and Tayshaun Prince and we aren't getting any bites then why no try to couple two of them together or one of them and a second rounder or two and see if the Jazz bite, if they do then you try Kanter for a half a season and if not then we keep Bass and Thornton. No harm no foul

Well I'm sure it's a waste of time for Ainge. You also run the risk of offending people.

That's like Miami saying "we should call up Ainge and offer two 2nd rounders for Jared Sullinger and Kelly Olynyk".
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 09:22:11 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I wouldn't make a push to get him.  he's not a defensive center that we need.  his most important attribute on the C's would be that we'd no longer have to play Sully or KO at center.  I'm hoping to do better in the draft this year in terms of a center who'll fit in better with the current roster

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2015, 09:44:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Some team will make a push for Kantar

Not sure it will be the Celts.

Kantar needs a long , above the rim, athletic pf to work with, help mask his deficiencies

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2015, 09:49:23 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He has the skills to be a starting C. 

He is young.

He has talent.

Celtics should go after him if they can get him cheap.  The more talent the Celtics add at every position, the easier it becomes to draft best talent without worrying about need.  Doesn't make a difference if their is a big difference in talent, but when it is close, teams may lean towards needs.

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2015, 09:51:59 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I would consider something like our own draft pick this year but maybe top 10 lottery protected.  The question I would ask myself is there a center out there that I would rather have outside the top 10 picks. 

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Bass and a 1st for him.

He can team with Zeller and we can have an offensive center and a defensive center. Sign/extend both Zeller and Kanter for 4 years. Draft a center and let him develop for a couple of years.

I like our roster now that maybe we can get to a point where the rookies can develop over a couple of years and not be forced to play right away.

In 4 years, we would be in the position to choose between keeping Kanter or Zeller and also extending the drafted player who would be coming off their rookie contract.