Author Topic: Enes Kanter frustrated with Jazz, leaves team, requests trade.  (Read 15298 times)

Re: Enes Kanter frustrated with Jazz, leaves team, requests trade.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 05:23:20 AM »

Offline Joe Green

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
+ 1 Leaving the team screams "Diva". The guy plays 27 MPG. He is not buried in the rotation.

Kanter is talented, but unless the price is very low, he adds nothing.

Agree on the Diva thing. He is their starting Center for god's sake...

That being said, he is a big and skilled. Not ever going to be an allstar, but a def upgrade for us upfront, considering we have only one 7 footer on the team (Zeller) and another really really long point guard (KO)...

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 05:50:23 AM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I'd call them with an offer of TPE and the Clippers pick for Kanter. He's a really good player.

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 06:27:05 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
This isn't the player to get. Terrible attitude, terrible defensively, and would cost a lot to sign as a RFA. He's good but not great offensively.

This is an opportunity to insert ourselves into a deal with a TPE and extract some asset. For example just off the top of my head:

Kanter, Booker, TPE to OKC
Perkins to BOS
Wallace, Lamb to UTAH

We unload the last year of Wallace's deal just by giving up the TPE.
OKC gets two big men for Lamb and a new starting center.
UTAH gets a look at Lamb for about $7.2M (Wallace + Lamb > Booker)

I'm sure there are better combos, but if a contender could use Kanter and they need a 3rd team, enter Boston...

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 06:31:23 AM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
This isn't the player to get. Terrible attitude, terrible defensively, and would cost a lot to sign as a RFA. He's good but not great offensively.

This is an opportunity to insert ourselves into a deal with a TPE and extract some asset. For example just off the top of my head:

Perkins to BOS
Wallace, Lamb to UTAH

I'm sure there are better combos, but if a contender could use Kanter and they need a 3rd team, enter Boston...

Probably isn't handling this correctly by any means but what constitutes a terrible attitude? The guy is 22 and a 7 footer. He's behind 2 better players in Gobert and Favors. We don't exactly know the full story yet. Maybe they told him to stay home. He might not be the best defensive big out there but he's 22! You can teach him. I certainly wouldn't give up a TPE for Perkins though.

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 06:36:36 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
help someone else to get him yes...
kanter in green i do not like...
mediocre
zeller is better as a back up...

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 06:51:20 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think Kanter is a guy who could improve a lot once he gets out of Utah. His development has always come 2nd to Favors there.

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 06:55:32 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Perkins to BOS
Wallace, Lamb to UTAH

I think Utah would tell Kanter to just stay in Pennsylvania before taking that deal. Lamb is not worth the cost of taking on the extra year of Wallace.

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 07:02:30 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
I'd call them with an offer of TPE and the Clippers pick for Kanter. He's a really good player.

I think I'd probably do that. Kanter's not my favorite but from a strictly value standpoint, I don't think we could lose with that deal even if we are just getting him to move him later.

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 07:05:27 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
I think Utah would tell Kanter to just stay in Pennsylvania before taking that deal. Lamb is not worth the cost of taking on the extra year of Wallace.

Possibly. They'll be under the cap regardless and it's just for one year. We could throw in $3M. Although, I did just see that Booker's deal is a team option next year.

Anyway I'm sure there are more creative 3-team scenarios involving Kanter where we could unload Wallace or pick up a draft pick for the privilege of involving our TPE and some small consideration.

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 07:05:45 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I like him as a buy cheap young big man.  Hate the leaving team part, but he is a worthwhile gamble on the Celtics part. 

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 07:12:50 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens

Perkins to BOS
Wallace, Lamb to UTAH

Probably isn't handling this correctly by any means but what constitutes a terrible attitude? The guy is 22 and a 7 footer. He's behind 2 better players in Gobert and Favors. We don't exactly know the full story yet. Maybe they told him to stay home. He might not be the best defensive big out there but he's 22! You can teach him. I certainly wouldn't give up a TPE for Perkins though.

Actually the deal doesn't need to be structured to use TPE, all of the players swaps work without them and if he does structure it to use part of the Rondo exception on Perkins (bringing it down to about 3.2M), he creates a new one from Wallace (for 10.1M), so either way, the deal from Boston's perspective is Wallace for Perkins.

I would certainly do that if I'm Boston and I think OKC can't say yes fast enough as it improves their biggest weakness (especially with Adams out) and gets them closer to moving under the luxury tax. IMO, it's Utah that would balk.

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 07:13:54 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff

Well the rumors could be false, but if they are true - he's been pouting for years already and other teams aren't particularly interested.

He shoots 49% with no outside game, blocks 0.3 shots (a terrible number for a 7 foot center who plays under the hoop), and is also too slow to defend away from the basket. On a rookie contract, yeah, sure, work with him. But he's going into his 5th year and the qualifying offer alone would be almost $8M. He's well below average in every aspect of the game outside of rebounding and scoring (and the latter at a 49% clip for a center). Salary cap = pass.

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 07:18:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
1. Jazz are going nowhere
2. Gobert taking away min

Kantar will not sign an extension anyways. Not the best move to demand a trade . Could be his agents idea

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 07:23:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jazz would prob do a KO for Kantar trade.  Or Sully for Kantar trade

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 07:26:45 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Not a Kanter fan, I'll pass.  However, the "leaving the team" part is completely overblown. The Jazz's all-star break began after the Dallas game and had no scheduled team activities after the game.  He skipped the team charter because he wasn't returning to Utah for his time off.  Despite a long-standing desire to be traded, he's never been a locker room problem and has played hard (just not effectively).