Author Topic: I'm after ATL right to swap with Brooklyn  (Read 3725 times)

Re: I'm after ATL right to swap with Brooklyn
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 11:28:42 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Giving them the Clips pick + whichever role player they want for their pick (and the swap rights) might be an interesting bet for both sides.

The gap between the Brooklyn pick and the Clips pick might be as low as 3~4 spaces. It also might be 10 or more.

Great words from a great man

Re: I'm after ATL right to swap with Brooklyn
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 06:41:53 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Giving them the Clips pick + whichever role player they want for their pick (and the swap rights) might be an interesting bet for both sides.

The gap between the Brooklyn pick and the Clips pick might be as low as 3~4 spaces. It also might be 10 or more.

I don't think they want to take that risk. I'd estimate that the spread will be somewhere between 6 and 10, but it also has the potential (even though the ping pong balls would have to bounce lucky) of being a franchise type pick. As long as there is any realistic risk of giving away a top 3 pick for a role player and mid-to late round pick, I can't see them doing it. Especially since they have other assets, 2nd rounders, future firsts of their own or Minnesota's, that they can protect and not assume that type of risk.