Author Topic: If we get Cousins would rondo come back?  (Read 6033 times)

Re: If we get Cousins would rondo come back?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 12:28:08 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Don't know why we will want Rondo back
He is our version of Josh Smith

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 12:48:08 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Don't know why we will want Rondo back
He is our version of Josh Smith

Yeah, maybe Josh Smith and Rondo can go to Sac and join Cousins and we will see what kind of team that results in.  I don't think it would be a very good one.

To the original question, I would not mind taking a chance on Cousins but Rondo has not done enough in Dallas to make me want him back.  That may change but I have my doubts.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 01:39:05 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'm sure Rondo WOULD come back if we offered him more money than anyone else (I don't see him getting a max offer from anyone)

WILL that happen? No.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 01:52:53 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Cousins, Cousins, Cousins... is not going anywhere.  Things would have to get a lot worse for him to be traded and George Karl is going to Sacramento to make things better.

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 02:06:25 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If we get Cousins I'd rather see them pay money to someone who is younger. With Cousins being relatively young, I'd prefer them to sign a younger guy like Brandon Knight.

I could be wrong but I don't see George Karl's system as a good fit for Boogie, so signing him could help expedite the divorce.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 06:13:22 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Seriously, if we had Cousins would you give him up for KO, Wallace and three firsts?  If the answer is no, why would Sac do it?  If the answer is yes, then the C's should probably keep KO and the picks....

That would stick a knife in most trades lol

I think cousins is the type of player where you can only got him if he forces a trade or his team feels they won't be able to afford them. The first guys that come to kind are Love, melo, Dwight, Harden KG

Obviously melo and  Dwight haven't worked out and while the love deal may have been the right choice for Cleveland it seems to me that the twolves won that trade so the only ones worth it were harden and KG

So first we have no hope at getting cousins unless he forces his way out and even then he might still cost so much it cripples our team (melo) maybe he doesn't react we'll to a young guy like brad and doesn't fit in the system / turns into disaster  (Dwight) or maybe something else goes wrong.

Anyway, he seems like one huge long shot but that's why you build up assets I guess. Top 10 guys don't come around often. But i see it as about a 5% chance he forces his way out and a 50% chance he ends up in the kg/harden pile. So I put us at a less then 3% success chance, but hey! Give it a shot Danny!!

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 06:57:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Any thing is possible
Once a franchise player is on board .

Cousins needs to leave ....surely his agent sees this l?
I think his situation is reason .....he hasn't got any serious help like a Rondo to join him

Nobody else wants in as a part of that deal

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 07:06:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Cousins, Cousins, Cousins... is not going anywhere.  Things would have to get a lot worse for him to be traded and George Karl is going to Sacramento to make things better.
i agree.  Can't see them trading Cousins

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 08:12:42 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Rondo probably wouldnt come back even if we got cousins

when sac were trying to trade for him, he said he would not sign an extension there even when they had cousins and rudy gay

so i dont see him wanting to play with cousins in green