Author Topic: Kanye West is a scumbag  (Read 29449 times)

Re: Kanye West is a scumbag
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2015, 03:49:15 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Who are we talking about?  Kanye.  He accomplished his goal.

hahahahaha. So true and so sad.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
A friend of mine worked security for some sort of event where Jay-Z and Beyonce were in attendance and he said that Jay was very pompous, arrogant, kind of rude, etc, but Beyonce was nice, cordial, etc.  Both Kanye and Jay may be dirt bags/jerks in some sense, but at least Jay carries himself with some sort of class/pride.  Kanye is just an all around ass that thinks the world owes him something. 

Hardknock Life vol. 2 was the first full LP I ever purchased way back when I was like 13.  Always a classic. 

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 05:24:55 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I just don't care when, where, or how he said what he did, it is hypocritical of you to call him out while taking your shot at bashing someone who had nothing to do with it. All this in an attempt to prove why he's the scumbag.

I don't mind bashing people, I talk about people I don't like all the time. I just find it amusing that you're criticizing someone and then railing on someone else in the next sentence. Propping up Beck and bashing Beyonce... then telling yourself it's not the same because he has a larger audience. ::)

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2015, 05:30:25 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I just don't care when, where, or how he said what he did, it is hypocritical of you to call him out while taking your shot at bashing someone who had nothing to do with it. All this in an attempt to prove why he's the scumbag.

I don't mind bashing people, I talk about people I don't like all the time. I just find it amusing that you're criticizing someone and then railing on someone else in the next sentence. Propping up Beck and bashing Beyonce... then telling yourself it's not the same because he has a larger audience. ::)

I think what they're saying is pertinent to the conversation. Kanye said Beck isn't a "real artist" and that Beyonce should have won, and these people say that they respect neither Kanye nor his opinion. They then voice their opinions about how Kanye is wrong, and they state things that follow up those opinions (ie bashing Beyonce and propping up Beck).

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2015, 05:43:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Kanye is a tool of which Southpark has definitely got him pegged, but Beck should not have won that award.  It has barely sold anything and is one of the lowest selling albums to win record of the year in a long time.  It has no real popular songs and isn't even a particularly good Beck album.  There is a lot of sentiment that they gave Beck the award as sort of a lifetime achievement award (like Ron Dayne winning the Heisman over Peyton Manning). 

Here is an article that talks about how low the sales are and some of the other stuff I mentioned. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/grammys-2015/6465730/beck-lowest-selling-grammy-album-year-since-2008
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2015, 05:46:07 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

I think what they're saying is pertinent to the conversation. Kanye said Beck isn't a "real artist" and that Beyonce should have won, and these people say that they respect neither Kanye nor his opinion. They then voice their opinions about how Kanye is wrong, and they state things that follow up those opinions (ie bashing Beyonce and propping up Beck).

Again, what makes what they are saying any different? Are the really trying to convince me that a larger audience (platform) is the difference? Kanye gave his (ignorant) opinion that makes him a scumbag, they do the same thing in rebuttal but they are just stating why he is wrong.  ::)
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2015, 05:48:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Again, what makes what they are saying any different? Are the really trying to convince me that a larger audience (platform) is the difference? Kanye gave his (ignorant) opinion that makes him a scumbag, they do the same thing in rebuttal but they are just stating why he is wrong.  ::)

Are you missing the fact that he interrupted / stole another man's Grammy moment?  How is somebody on here commenting on his actions even remotely in the same ballpark?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2015, 05:51:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Kanye is a tool of which Southpark has definitely got him pegged, but Beck should not have won that award.  It has barely sold anything and is one of the lowest selling albums to win record of the year in a long time.  It has no real popular songs and isn't even a particularly good Beck album.  There is a lot of sentiment that they gave Beck the award as sort of a lifetime achievement award (like Ron Dayne winning the Heisman over Peyton Manning). 

Here is an article that talks about how low the sales are and some of the other stuff I mentioned. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/grammys-2015/6465730/beck-lowest-selling-grammy-album-year-since-2008

Why should record sales be the determining factor in record of the year?  The grammys are supposed to be for "artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the recording industry, without regard to album sales or chart position.".

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Are you missing the fact that he interrupted / stole another man's Grammy moment?  How is somebody on here commenting on his actions even remotely in the same ballpark?

He only stayed a second and Beck even motioned for him to come back, he actually stole Taylor's moment! He said what he had to say in an interview after it was said and done. LOL at all these excuses. Did you watch it?

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2015, 06:00:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

So basically no one has the right to criticize anyone for anything?  Is that what you mean?  We do that every single day on this forum. 

KW used his attendance at an awards show to disrespect an award winning artist.  It was embarrassing to watch and read about.  If you don't think Kanye deserves some criticism for what he did then I don't know what to say.  I guess I must not understand your point?

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He only stayed a second and Beck even motioned for him to come back, he actually stole Taylor's moment! He said what he had to say in an interview after it was said and done. LOL at all these excuses. Did you watch it?

Somebody is making excuses, for sure.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2015, 06:17:03 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Somebody is making excuses, for sure.

I'm not making an excuse for what he said/did, I'm stating what actually happened. I don't need to try and make an excuse for what he said b.c I don't agree with it.

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2015, 06:34:20 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
First, whaaaat? Beck was nominated? An won? Nice! Sea Change is one of my all time favorites.

Second, Kanye has a weird definition of real artists. Beck is about as legitimate an artist as there is. Beyonce is a great singer, but Kanye needs to realize it isn't all about his friends and what he likes. It is idiotic to feel the need to put down other artists that aren't your favorite just because the artist you like didn't win.

Still, Kanye's horrible personality is part of what makes him creative and an all-time great.

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2015, 06:36:26 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I completely agree with this. Kanye was thinking the same way as people reacting in the opposite direction. Perhaps everyone needs to understand that their personal preferences are mostly subjective, just like everyone else's.

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2015, 07:23:54 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Gotta wonder what kardash is thinking..

This guy is OBSESSED with that woman from destinys child
I trust Danny Ainge