Author Topic: Kanye West is a scumbag  (Read 29445 times)

Re: Kanye West is a scumbag
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2015, 12:23:53 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Where's South Park when you need them?

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 12:26:17 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yes, Kanye is one of the most creative and prolific artists of our time.

To quote an anonymous CB'er...

That's pretty messed up. Offensive as well. And wrong. Its like a 'get off my lawn' trifecta.

haha yea seriously, He is the most creative and prolific artist of our time ? This is the worst musical era since the 80's  . By the way I can name a bunch of more talent and prolific artists in the 21st century .

Start off with John Frusciante , I got a whole bunch more for you too, unless hip hop is all you listen to ?
Oh man, you love the Froosh too!?

Curtains is one of my favorite albums EVER

TP my good man

yup frusciante is the man

check out this interview , he touches on what art should be all about in the first question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JTEjSNFX7w

Yep, Frusciante is awesome and totally underrated. Another artist that is just as good and equally underrated but never complains.....Steven Wilson.

Frusciante is such a talented dude but man is he out there. His solo stuff is wild and the Chili Peppers will obviously never be the same without him.

His guitar playing is ridiculous but what always got me was his epic high harmonies. Some of the harmonies on the RHCP choruses are just flat out silly to listen to.

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 12:29:48 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Whoever said Beyoncé is a performer, not an artist, hit the nail exactly on the head.

Now most people with ears know that Kanyes music is better than Becks. But that's all I'm interested from Kanye-Music. Usually when he voices his opinions in real life the fact that he is an egotistical, self centered, controlling baby comes to light pretty quickly. Which is upsetting because his first album, College Drop-Out, had a lot of uplifting and positive messages.   

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 12:35:25 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yeah, Kanye strikes me as a very self-centered, egomaniac who has no respect for others. He's also been known to make some fairly racially insensitive remarks towards caucasians.

He does have talent, although he certainly is not any sort of generational talent. Certainly not on the level of many other greats.

Bottom line is, while used to kind of sort of like his music, I refuse to listen to him now out of principal. That, and his music has deteriorated from his earlier works. Beck is a far greater at what he does than Kanye is at what he does. It really is sad to think there are people who think otherwise.

Kanye really needs to just go away, screw him.

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 12:41:48 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yeah, Kanye strikes me as a very self-centered, egomaniac who has no respect for others. He's also been known to make some fairly racially insensitive remarks towards caucasians.

He does have talent, although he certainly is not any sort of generational talent. Certainly not on the level of many other greats.

Bottom line is, while used to kind of sort of like his music, I refuse to listen to him now out of principal. That, and his music has deteriorated from his earlier works. Beck is a far greater at what he does than Kanye is at what he does. It really is sad to think there are people who think otherwise.

Kanye really needs to just go away, screw him.

TP.

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2015, 12:58:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Who are we talking about?  Kanye.  He accomplished his goal.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2015, 01:00:02 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
The thing that bothers me most about Kanye is that he truly believes he is a genius and values himself and his opinions too highly. That limits his scope and only reinforces his weaknesses in a vicious cycle of increasing narrow-mindedness.

Kanye's elite talent is his work ethic. He tops out as mediocre in anything related to music or art in my book. Which is fine. But he doesn't realize this and he's obnoxious because of it.

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

That's pretty messed up. Offensive as well. And wrong. Its like a 'get off my lawn' trifecta.

haha yea seriously, He is the most creative and prolific artist of our time ? This is the worst musical era since the 80's  . By the way I can name a bunch of more talent and prolific artists in the 21st century .

Start off with John Frusciante , I got a whole bunch more for you too, unless hip hop is all you listen to ?

See this is the reason why your comment was so wrong. Does my recognition of Kayne West as one of the most creative and prolific artists (and by the way, I said "one of", which you seemed to miss) of our time, you think somehow that hip hop is all I listen to, and you think somehow that's relevant to the conversation.

To back up my claim, let's look at his wikipedia article:

As of 2013, West has won a total of 21 Grammy Awards, making him one of the most awarded artists of all-time.[2] About.com ranked Kanye West No. 8 on their "Top 50 Hip-Hop Producers" list.[237] On May 16, 2008, Kanye West was crowned by MTV as the year's No. 1 "Hottest MC in the Game."[238] On December 17, 2010, Kanye West was voted as the MTV Man of the Year by MTV.[239] Billboard ranked Kanye West No. 3 on their list of Top 10 Producers of the Decade.[240] West ties with Bob Dylan for having topped the annual Pazz & Jop critic poll the most number of times ever, with four number-one albums each.[241] West has also been included in the Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world as well as being listed in a number of Forbes annual lists.[3]

In its 2012 list of "500 Greatest Albums of All Time, Rolling Stone included three of West's albums?The College Dropout at number 298,[242] Late Registration at number 118,[243] and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy at number 353.[244]

The Pitchfork online music publication ranked My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy as the world's best album of the decade "so far"?between 2010 and 2014?on August 19, 2014, while Yeezus was ranked in the eighth position of a list of 100 albums. During the same week, the song "Runaway" (featuring Pusha T) was ranked in the third position in the publication's list of the 200 "best tracks" released since 2010

If you don't like his music, you don't like his music. I cannot stand the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I literally hate nearly all of their songs (except Love Rollercoaster..for some reason) that I've heard, and I've heard just about all of their songs. But I don't pretend that they're not an extremely talented and extremely influential rock band. I just don't dig them.

To not acknowledge Kanye's impact on modern music in the last 15 years, you might as well say the world is flat and thunder happens because God's bowling.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Who are we talking about?  Kanye.  He accomplished his goal.

Back when he did that thing to Taylor Swift, I thought it was all about publicity. I now believe he's legitimately lost a handle on reality.

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2015, 01:03:19 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If you don't like his music, you don't like his music. I cannot stand the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I literally hate nearly all of their songs (except Love Rollercoaster..for some reason) that I've heard, and I've heard just about all of their songs.

It's a cover, that's probably the reason. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etebeZDt7Eo

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2015, 01:09:02 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
must admit, I celebrate Beck's entire catalogue.  ages like wine.

I remember first buying Midnight Vultures and hating all of it.  Now I can't get enough of that entire album...  Very few artists create albums with that quality, that's why I feel his music is transcendent. 

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2015, 01:09:26 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

See this is the reason why your comment was so wrong. Does my recognition of Kayne West as one of the most creative and prolific artists (and by the way, I said "one of", which you seemed to miss) of our time, you think somehow that hip hop is all I listen to, and you think somehow that's relevant to the conversation.

As of 2013, West has won a total of 21 Grammy Awards, making him one of the most awarded artists of all-time.[2] About.com ranked Kanye West No. 8 on their "Top 50 Hip-Hop Producers" list.[237] On May 16, 2008, Kanye West was crowned by MTV as the year's No. 1 "Hottest MC in the Game."[238] On December 17, 2010, Kanye West was voted as the MTV Man of the Year by MTV.[239] Billboard ranked Kanye West No. 3 on their list of Top 10 Producers of the Decade.[240] West ties with Bob Dylan for having topped the annual Pazz & Jop critic poll the most number of times ever, with four number-one albums each.[241] West has also been included in the Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world as well as being listed in a number of Forbes annual lists.[3]

In its 2012 list of "500 Greatest Albums of All Time, Rolling Stone included three of West's albums?The College Dropout at number 298,[242] Late Registration at number 118,[243] and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy at number 353.[244]

The Pitchfork online music publication ranked My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy as the world's best album of the decade "so far"?between 2010 and 2014?on August 19, 2014, while Yeezus was ranked in the eighth position of a list of 100 albums. During the same week, the song "Runaway" (featuring Pusha T) was ranked in the third position in the publication's list of the 200 "best tracks" released since 2010

If you don't like his music, you don't like his music. I cannot stand the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I literally hate nearly all of their songs (except Love Rollercoaster..for some reason) that I've heard, and I've heard just about all of their songs. But I don't pretend that they're not an extremely talented and extremely influential rock band. I just don't dig them.

To not acknowledge Kanye's impact on modern music in the last 15 years, you might as well say the world is flat and thunder happens because God's bowling.

I am not a big fan of the chilli peppers either, but John Frusciante is one of the greatest musicians of the last 30 years, that's why he left that band. He is a superior singers and musician to anyone in that band.

Just saying there are a lot better and more talented artists in the music industry than Kanye. He was the one saying it should be all about art .....

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2015, 01:25:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I am not a big fan of the chilli peppers either, but John Frusciante is one of the greatest musicians of the last 30 years, that's why he left that band. He is a superior singers and musician to anyone in that band.

Just saying there are a lot better and more talented artists in the music industry than Kanye. He was the one saying it should be all about art .....

Agreed. Posting bliilboard and rolling stone quotes just further diminishes credibility if you want to make the argument that someone is a great artist. Those sources and the Grammy committee just reinforce the music industry profit machine, they do not promote or reward great musical artists

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2015, 01:26:56 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_9zWmDcjs

A couple of my faves by both men.

TP, Debra is a favorite, and also one of the greatest Karaoke songs of all time.  OF ALL TIME!