Author Topic: Celtics - Raptors trade Bass trade idea  (Read 3685 times)

Celtics - Raptors trade Bass trade idea
« on: February 08, 2015, 11:47:28 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Toronto are looking for an upgrade at the PF spot
they are interested in:

David west = Pacers probably won't budge without a 1st rounder

Kenneth Faried = Nuggets see him as part of their future as he is still young

Taj Gibson = major part of bulls defense and can backup noah defensively while noah has some injury concerns so they won't trade him

but they are also looking at 2nd tier players. i propose this trade involving bass

Celtics get Hayes, Nogueira

Toronto get Bass

Celtics do this to lose further by trading away a productive player in bass. We also get Nogueira who is a young prospect that we could develop in the future. We receive Hayes as an expiring to make the money work. Celtics don't get a pick for this trade as Nogueira probably make up for it and knowing ujiri, he would keep the picks and try to trade expiring end rotation players for an upgrade.

For toronto, I'm not sure why they are looking for a PF when they already have Amir Johnson and Patrick Patterson. But they get a PF who is a knock down mid range shooter, solid rebounder, good defender, and who has shown he can play well in the playoffs. They also get a veteran presence on the bench. 

Tell me what you think

Re: Celtics - Raptors trade Bass trade idea
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 12:58:12 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Nope i preffer a goood second round pick so we can use it for a trade

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 04:58:15 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
Nope i preffer a goood second round pick so we can use it for a trade

Stockpiling second rounders is all good but at some point we need players to play

I'd rather have a guy that was drafted in the first round that has some potential than get another second rounder only for them to go to the D league or play internationally , if we r unable to trade them

Besides realistically we r not going to get much for bass anyway because of the depth of pf in the league

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 08:31:22 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Born Ready, not a bad offer, the knock on Noguiera has always been that he has an attitude, is lazy, and is kind of uncoachable.  He does have potential, is an incredible athlete, and is still young, so he might be worth a shot.  I would like to see if Stevens can do anything with him.

Has anyone heard if Noguiera is working harder in Toronto? 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
, the knock on Noguiera has always been that he has an attitude, is lazy, and is kind of uncoachable

those are pretty big knocks !

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 09:25:39 AM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I like it, but don't think it serves any purpose for Toronto, they need a backup C, not a PF.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 09:37:11 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Sure. Why not? I'm in favor of moving Bass, Prince, and Thornton, so this sounds good. The only kind of trade that I would prefer is one that brings back a pick and an expiring contract. I just noticed that Noguiera has one more guaranteed year at $2 million, so I am now a little less enthusiastic. Let's just do Hayes and a (probably conditional) 2nd round pick for Bass.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 07:05:23 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
I like it, but don't think it serves any purpose for Toronto, they need a backup C, not a PF.

yeah i know but i was just going off rumours that they were interested in an upgrade at the 4 spot and were interested in David west, Faried and Gibson

i think they need a defensive minded C to backup Jonas

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 07:07:10 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
Sure. Why not? I'm in favor of moving Bass, Prince, and Thornton, so this sounds good. The only kind of trade that I would prefer is one that brings back a pick and an expiring contract. I just noticed that Noguiera has one more guaranteed year at $2 million, so I am now a little less enthusiastic. Let's just do Hayes and a (probably conditional) 2nd round pick for Bass.

i would also do hayes and a conditional 2nd rounder for bass

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 07:10:04 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
Born Ready, not a bad offer, the knock on Noguiera has always been that he has an attitude, is lazy, and is kind of uncoachable.  He does have potential, is an incredible athlete, and is still young, so he might be worth a shot.  I would like to see if Stevens can do anything with him.

i didn't know about his attitude problems, seems a bit more risky for us now

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 07:25:38 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

i didn't know about his attitude problems, seems a bit more risky for us now

All of the scouting reports have the same report on him, but haven't heard anything about his time in Toronto.  If he is finally working hard and taking to coaching, I would be in favor of acquiring him. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 09:11:12 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
Ed Schultz Say's NO

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I'd do it. Noguiera has more potential than probably 90% of 2nd rounders, and we aren't getting a 1st. He's young, has size, athleticism and shotblocking. If Whiteside taught us anything, it's that big guys who can jump and block shots can be one shot of maturity away from a good player. Even if he panned out as a backup center who blocks a few shots, it's not a bad haul for a short Bass rental.

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 09:48:06 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
He also went through a major injury right after being drafted. So while it seems like he's behind the curve, it could just be bad luck for a guy who was already a 2-3 year project.