Author Topic: Clippers Collapse  (Read 21557 times)

Re: Clippers Collapse
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2015, 06:04:44 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Clippers at Boston on March 29th.

Celticsblog might implode trying to figure out who to root for in that one. 

Just think, it's not outside the realm of possibility that the's C's are in 9th place and the Clips in 8th at that point.  I can't even imagine what some people on this blog would be saying in that scenario.

Or what if the C's are in a 4-way tie for 5th worst record at that point.  Do you want to risk going from 5th to 8th in the draft for a chance to move from 20th to 14th?  Ha, I can imagine the debates now.
lol. Imagine next year with all the what ifs.

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2015, 06:06:40 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Another note, I've noticed almost everyone on the internet calls them the 'Clips' with one 'p'. I use two. Who's wrong?

So here's the explanation on what has clearly become the hot topic of the day: "Clippers" is obviously a two-syllable word, with the nickname being just the first syllable.  When splitting a two-syllable word with two middle consonants, you divide between the consonants.

And if that's the worst thing you've done on this board, you're ahead of most of us, so no reeling necessary.

Mike

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2015, 06:26:59 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Another note, I've noticed almost everyone on the internet calls them the 'Clips' with one 'p'. I use two. Who's wrong?

So here's the explanation on what has clearly become the hot topic of the day: "Clippers" is obviously a two-syllable word, with the nickname being just the first syllable.  When splitting a two-syllable word with two middle consonants, you divide between the consonants.

And if that's the worst thing you've done on this board, you're ahead of most of us, so no reeling necessary.

Mike

Haha yeah this controversy clearly needs it's own thread. Thanks for the explanation though and for talking me off of the ledge, though I've done so many worse things on this blog than that. ;D

Re: clippers collapse
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Last year when CP3 was out Blake carried the team. Let's see if Paul can hold up.
Didn't they still have Collison backing up CP3 then? Who is backing up Blake? This could be really good news for our pick.

Of course, the trade deadline is near and we could see some buyouts for potential PF, like Garnett or Amare.

Re: clippers collapse
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2015, 08:34:03 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Last year when CP3 was out Blake carried the team. Let's see if Paul can hold up.
Didn't they still have Collison backing up CP3 then? Who is backing up Blake? This could be really good news for our pick.

Of course, the trade deadline is near and we could see some buyouts for potential PF, like Garnett or Amare.

There's a strong possibility that Amare will go to the Mavs if bought out. I haven't heard anything about the Nets dumping Garnett.

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2015, 09:31:38 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Tyson Chandler and Monta Ellis were injured in the first five minutes of tonight's game against the Clippers.

Looks like the Clippers may win this one.

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2015, 09:49:44 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Tyson Chandler and Monta Ellis were injured in the first five minutes of tonight's game against the Clippers.

Just our luck.

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2015, 10:00:57 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Just our luck.

It may be.

We own the Mavs pick protected.

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2015, 10:02:58 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Come on Mavericks  :o

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2015, 10:07:55 PM »

Offline Sundov Millionaire

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
I am getting a perverse pleasure aggressively rooting against Doc. I cannot shake the sour taste from his departure- am I wrong?

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2015, 10:10:49 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I am getting a perverse pleasure aggressively rooting against Doc. I cannot shake the sour taste from his departure- am I wrong?

Not at all. Actually, TP for sharing an unnecessary, illogical disliking of the man (as a basketball personality, not as a human being, of course!).

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2015, 10:13:36 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Dirk's still effective, but is pretty chippy with the refs, his teammates, and appears to be moving in slow motion.

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2015, 10:42:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
This is why you just cannot rely on other teams to TANK for you.

If you want to TANK you have to do it yourself.

Dallas just screwed the Cs BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:41:45 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2015, 10:45:32 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
This is why you just cannot rely on other teams to TANK for you.

If you want to TANK you have to do it yourself.

Dallas just screwed the Cs BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!11

Dallas was toast without Chandler and Ellis.

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2015, 02:30:43 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
So over the span of 2 weeks, this thread got really depressing for me.  There was so much hope....once...

So ok, let's start talking about draft options:

I say no to the 6'8" C Montrezl Harrell, although undersized bigs seem to be Danny's kryptonite.

Freak of Nature George Lucas looks intriguing, I would be ok with gambling on him.

Robert Upshaw was kicked out of his program for drug usage, so depending on what he was doing I would be okay with signing him.  If it was meth or something, no thanks.  But if it was just marijuana, it seems kind of silly considering he's 21 and it's legal in the state he was playing in.  He's a 7 footer that lead the country in blocks, I would be okay with gambling on him if it was just an overly conservative coach.  I'd act all serious about it to him, but he's just a kid.  A giant, shot blocking kid.

Basically, I want a lottery ticket with that pick.