Author Topic: Will Bass and Thornton get traded by the deadline?  (Read 8001 times)

Re: Will Bass and Thornton get traded by the deadline?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 04:59:14 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I realize that we don't want to help the Clippers that much, but IF we can get some things out of it???

With Griffin out for 4-6 weeks, they desperately NEED a PF.  We have a PF that knows Doc's system named Brandon Bass.  It would likely have to be a three way trade, UNLESS they are convinced that they cannot pay Deandre the MAX or simply don't want to, then it could be a BIG trade with several picks (provided DJ would re-sign with us long-term).

Thoughts??

Smitty77

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Bass and Bradley for Deandre Jordan and Jamal Crawford.  We include two future number ones.

Thoughts??

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6564736

Or Bass, Bradley, and Sully for Jordan and Crawford and we include ONE future first rounder.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6564737

In both trades, we would likely NOT pick up Crawford's option next year.

Smitty77

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I realize that we don't want to help the Clippers that much, but IF we can get some things out of it???

With Griffin out for 4-6 weeks, they desperately NEED a PF.  We have a PF that knows Doc's system named Brandon Bass.  It would likely have to be a three way trade, UNLESS they are convinced that they cannot pay Deandre the MAX or simply don't want to, then it could be a BIG trade with several picks (provided DJ would re-sign with us long-term).

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Not sure I want to help the Clippers .....that hurts our pick

Unless they cough Up a first round pick ......they have to understand sending Bass hurts our pick .....and they are the ones wanting to make playoffs ....not the Celtics

I d trade Bass cheap to another team......but not the Clippers ......either a first .....or they can just suffer ......way I see it

Make that two faced creep Doc give up a first ......or forget him and the horse he rode in on.

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 05:20:35 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Not sure I want to help the Clippers .....that hurts our pick

Unless they cough Up a first round pick ......they have to understand sending Bass hurts our pick .....and they are the ones wanting to make playoffs ....not the Celtics

I d trade Bass cheap to another team......but not the Clippers ......either a first .....or they can just suffer ......way I see it

Make that two faced creep Doc give up a first ......or forget him and the horse he rode in on.
This.  And I'd try hard for it to be an unprotected 1st too.  No helping the Clips dig out of Doc the GMs mess.

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 08:34:52 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Steve Bulpett with some "inside" information in the Herald.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2015/02/deadline_desirables

Sounds like Prince has the highest value, nobody really wants Bass and no word on Thornton (understandably with that contract).

If nobody offers pick or young player for Prince and just waits for buyout I'd be willing to let him play the year out with us just for the sake of some cheap organisations left with nothing.

7,7 expiring, a very playable veteran who has recently started for a contender for a 2nd rounder and fillers sounds reasonable for me.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."