Author Topic: Will Bass and Thornton get traded by the deadline?  (Read 7995 times)

Re: Will Bass and Thornton get traded by the deadline?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 07:35:52 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Bass or Prince to the Wizards for their $4.3 million TPE or part of it and either Seraphin or Andre Miller (both expiring) and their first rounder.  We might have to include a future second rounder, but I would not.

Thoughts??

Smitty77

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 07:38:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Depends on what is out there.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 07:40:31 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Bass or Prince to the Wizards for their $4.3 million TPE or part of it and either Seraphin or Andre Miller (both expiring) and their first rounder.  We might have to include a future second rounder, but I would not.

Thoughts??

Smitty77

I think you don't know how trade exceptions work.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 07:57:09 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Thanks so much for sharing that.  Really, what good does that contribute to this discussion??  Did that make you feel better??  How about telling me where I went wrong??

I am sure that I am NOT an EXPERT on TPE's.  I NEVER claimed to be one!!!!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2015, 08:02:32 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Thanks so much for sharing that.  Really, what good does that contribute to this discussion??  Did that make you feel better??  How about telling me where I went wrong??

Smitty77
You can not combine TPE and a players salary. TPE is like a one for one deal.

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 08:13:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Smitty77

Thanks buddy.  I appreciate you giving me the necessary feedback without feeling the need to try to make me feel stupid!!

Smitty77

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2015, 08:20:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Smitty77

Thanks buddy.  I appreciate you giving me the necessary feedback without feeling the need to try to make me feel stupid!!

Smitty77

There are a ton of cap rules it's ridiculous. Like TPE can't be used with another players salary but then again you can use a portion of it at a time on different guys. Very weird IMO.

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 08:56:00 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Trade Bass

Trade Bass

Trade Bass!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 09:27:04 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Bass yes there are enough injuries out there o bigs.  And contrary to many bass haters here he is a quality big off the bench.  Prince as well.  Both depends on how much Ainge wants mind you.  Thortons contract puts him near Wallace level.  Not sure we can move him. 

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 09:34:06 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Bass yes there are enough injuries out there o bigs.  And contrary to many bass haters here he is a quality big off the bench.  Prince as well.  Both depends on how much Ainge wants mind you.  Thortons contract puts him near Wallace level.  Not sure we can move him.
I agree that Bass is a quality big off of the bench. But he'd be more useful for a contender than for us

I think Prince is GREAT for this team, though, because he's a smart player who promotes ball movement and making the RIGHT play. Great role model for the kiddos

Bass gets the ball and has tunnel vision. He looks for his shot, and the ONLY time he looks to pass is when he realizes he's in trouble. Sully goes in with a plan, and also has the awareness to see who else is around him
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 10:12:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

Exactly.  No worries Smitty77

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 11:54:40 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I would think some of the EC playoff teams would be interested in either Prince or Bass.  Both of those guys have experience guarding LeBron in the really big games.

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 09:26:37 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Bass and Thornton for Landry Fields and Chuck Hayes - get a future 2nd rounder. Try to get James Johnson thrown in - add Pressey to make the numbers work.

On the 19th - trade Prince and Shavlik to Portland for Dorrell Wright and either Robinson or Freeland. Get a 2nd rounder for them.  If they view Prince as an upgrade over Wright, they could use the upgrade at SF.

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 09:41:10 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Need to get rid of Thornton and Prince ASAP. They are playing well which is killing me to see them in there vs. Young. I can deal with listening to "playoff" talk even when we have no business getting into the playoffs. But if we are going to win some games lets do it riding our youth.

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 11:01:56 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Bass and Thornton for Landry Fields and Chuck Hayes - get a future 2nd rounder. Try to get James Johnson thrown in - add Pressey to make the numbers work.

On the 19th - trade Prince and Shavlik to Portland for Dorrell Wright and either Robinson or Freeland. Get a 2nd rounder for them.  If they view Prince as an upgrade over Wright, they could use the upgrade at SF.

I like these realistic ideas. TP

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14