Author Topic: Celtics (19-30) at Bucks (27-23) Game #50 2/7/15  (Read 48086 times)

Celtics (19-30) at Bucks (27-23) Game #50 2/7/15
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:38:24 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Boston Celtics (19-30) at Milwaukee Bucks (27-23)
Saturday, February 7, 2015
8:30 PM ET
Regular Season Game #50, Road Game #24
TV: CSN-NE, FSNWI, NBA-LP 758(DTV)/757(xfinity)
Radio: WZLX 100.7, WTMJ
BMO Harris Bradley Center

Probable Starters
PG SG SF PF C
Marcus Smart...Avery Bradley...Evan Turner...Brandon Bass...Jared Sullinger
Celtics Reserves
Tyler Zeller
Gerald Wallace
Jae Crowder
Marcus Thornton
Tayshaun Prince
James Young
Phil Pressey

Injuries
Kelly Olynyk (ankle) out
Shavlik Randolph (hamstring) out
Evan Turner (thumb) probable
Avery Bradley (thumb) probable
Tayshaun Prince (hip) day to day

Red Claws

Andre Dawkins

Head Coach
Brad Stevens

Probable Starters
PG SG SF PF C
Brandon Knight...Khris Middleton...Giannis Antetokounmpo...Jared Dudley...John Henson

Bucks Reserves

OJ Mayo
Johnny O'Bryant
Jerryd Bayless
Jorge Gutierrez
Ersan Ilyasova

Injuries
Kendall Marshall (ACL)  out
Damien Inglis (ankle)  out
Kenyon Martin (ankle) doubtful
Zaza Pachulia (calf) questionable
Jabari Parker  (knee)  out
Larry Sanders (suspension)  out 

Head Coach

Jason Kidd

Game Notes
The Celtics bring a 3 game win streak as they visit the Milwaukee Bucks.  This is the first of 3 games between these two teams.  They will play in Boston on April 3 and once again in Milwaukee on April 15. 

Both teams are playing in back to back games and both teams had to travel after their Friday night games.  The Celtics are coming off a win at home over the Sixers while the Bucks are coming off a loss on the road to the Rockets.  The Bucks had won 5 straight before Friday night's loss. 

The Bucks are short handed with 4 players out and 2 more questionable.  The Celtics are still missing Kelly Olynyk and Shavlik Randolph.  Tayshaun Prince traveled with the team and will be a game time decision.   Both Avery Bradley and Evan Turner have been playing through hand injuries. 

The Celtics are 8-15 on the road and 6-4 in their last 10 games.  The Bucks are 12-10 at home and 7-3 in their last 10 games.   The Bucks are the 6th seed in the East while the Celtics are 2 games back of the 8th playoff spot. 

Key Matchups 
vs
Marcus Smart vs Brandon Knight
Knight is the Bucks leading scroer with 17.9 points per game along with 4.2 rebounds and 5.3 assists.  Smart needs to slow him down to keep the Bucks from getting into their sets quickly and to keep him from having a big game. 

vs
Evan Turner vs Giannis Antetokounmpo
The Greek Freak, as Antetokounmpo is called, has been playing very well and will be a challenge for Evan Turner.   He is coming off a big game against Houston with 27 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 assists.  It will be crucial to slow him down. 

Keys to the Game

Run and Move the Ball - The Celtics play so well when they run and keep up a fast pace throughout the game. When they slow it down, they get into trouble. The also have to move the ball and find the open man. When they start over dribbling and try to do too much individually, they struggle.

Take Care of the Ball - The Celtics at times get careless with the ball and turnovers can bury them. The Celtics have to take care of the ball and not give the Bucks easy points off turnovers.

Rebound
- Rebounding is mostly effort and desire and the Celtics need to have both and they need to crash the boards as a team. They play best when the guards, along with the front line, go after every rebound.

Attack the Paint - At times the Celtics love the jumper and 3 point shots a bit too much. When they fall, it's great. But, when they don't fall,  it can get ugly.   The Celtics are playing in their 4th game in 5 nights and may not have the legs for jumpers at the end.  If they aren't falling, they need to get into the paint and drive to the hoop.

Be Aggressive - The Celtics were too passive at times in the second half against the Sixers, allowing them to come back to with three points.   They need to be aggressive on defense, in going after loose balls and rebounds, and in driving to the hoop. They have to be the team that plays harder and wants the win more.

Defense - Defense is always the key to winning.  The Celtics have got to concentrate on getting stops and on defending the Bucks in the paint as well as on the perimeter. 

X-Factors
Fatigue and On the Road

The Celtics are playing on the road and young teams have trouble keeping their focus on the road at times.   Also, both teams are playing in back to back games after travelling overnight.  But, the Celtics are playing in their 4th game in 5 nights and so fatigue may be a factor at the end of the game. 

Re: Celtics (19-30) at Bucks (27-23) Game #50 2/7/15
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 10:43:34 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I didn't managed to watch the sixers game. But I heard I didn't miss much.

Let's make the streak to 4. To the playoffs!

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:49:20 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
TP mr. dee for being the first to post in the game thread!! 

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 11:09:59 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Is Sander back to playing or is he still out with personal issues?

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 11:38:35 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
flc, you are a jewel. thanks for putting so much time and effort into these threads. i know of no one else on the entire planet who does as good as job as you do. and you do it game after game.

tp x a ton.

gooooooo celtics!!!!! fulfill your quixotian quest of simultaneously winning games and getting a top draft pick!!! heck, when you drink enough good beer, anything seems possible.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 12:06:01 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
We need to Tommy Point FL Celtic Fan to get her to 2500 Tommy Points. This is a big game to see if we are playoff ready. Need to knock off the Bucks and send the rest of the conference a message that we are not tanking but going for a playoff spot. YeeeHaaawwww!!!
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 02:53:53 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I believe Sanders is in the middle of a 10, or 15 game suspension for violating drug NBA policies
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 09:37:14 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
I didn't managed to watch the sixers game. But I heard I didn't miss much.

Let's make the streak to 4. To the playoffs!
"didnt miss much"?!?!?!?  :o

you missed a celtics victory!!! to miss that is to miss one of the most important things in life.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 04:07:25 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Thank you hwangjini_1 for your kind words!  And thank you for giving me a smile with your enthusiasm for the Celtics.  2 TPs for you   :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 05:37:14 PM by FLCeltsFan »

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 04:13:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Fear

the

"Clucks".        ;D

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 05:44:06 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 06:27:32 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Bucks are exciting. Interested to watch Giannis, Knight, and Middleton. Shame Parker tore his knee.

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 06:35:03 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
We need to Tommy Point FL Celtic Fan to get her to 2500 Tommy Points. This is a big game to see if we are playoff ready. Need to knock off the Bucks and send the rest of the conference a message that we are not tanking but going for a playoff spot. YeeeHaaawwww!!!
FlCeltsfan got one from me too, the only poster here with close to a 1:1 ratio of posts to tommy points. That mean almost every post is getting a TP.  Wow!

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 07:26:10 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
FlCeltsfan got one from me too, the only poster here with close to a 1:1 ratio of posts to tommy points. That mean almost every post is getting a TP.  Wow!

I guess that's because most of my posts are game threads.   Each game thread takes at least an hour to post and sometimes more.  So, if you count TP's by the minute,  it's not that impressive :D

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
there you go...over 2500!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!