Author Topic: the real value of bradley and sully  (Read 1875 times)

the real value of bradley and sully
« on: February 06, 2015, 01:23:01 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If danny decides to trade those guys, what can we expect?
Get a first rounder for each?
Get a first rounder and a younger guy for each?
Or are these guys fillers for a bigger fish?
A first rounder and henson or a first rounder and harkless are some trades i would preffer... get back two young guys with upside who are not playing a lot and 2 picks...
we need first to find our stars. the picks will help

Re: the real value of bradley and sully
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
If Danny were to trade those guys, it would be obvious that he is in fire sale mode.  I wouldn't expect that he'd get offered a first-rounder for either (Maybe, maybe AB would get a very late first-rounder.).  What they are worth is very different than what teams will pay the Celtics for them.

Mike

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 02:23:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd trade Bradley for an expiring contract and pick.  Not a fan of his contract.  We can do better with the cap space. 

If we couldn't get a lotto pick for Sully we'd be better off just hanging onto him.  He can be a valuable piece of a large trade package for a star.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 02:27:31 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I think Sullinger would usually draw more interest, but now is terrible timing. If you trade a somewhat mercurial guy right after he shows up late to some games it just looks like we've given up on trying to reach him.

I love Bradley and I want him to be great, but he's been inconsistent at best his whole career, has a big contract and I don't think a team would give up a first-rounder for him.

It may be frustrating, but I think we're invested in both of these guys to be on our team for a while. This is what rebuilding looks like. Draft picks are perfect until you use them on players who have flaws and you have to try to build a team that can overcome all of the flaws in your players.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 02:31:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
value of AB and Sully?

AB's value is as a combo guard off the bench where the starting SG can slide over to the point.  AB is no PG.  Some value as a pressure defender against a tired starter or against a backup point.  definitely a rotation player but he wouldn't start for a contender

Sully's value is as a starting PF or 3rd big that can provide solid rebounding and scoring next to a very good defensive center that isn't a complete liability on offense.  can provide spot minutes at center in a small-ball lineup but ideally would just be a PF

I think AB is destined to continue his career in another uniform before this contract is up.  I think the decision to keep either Sully or KO (I think one will eventually be moved) depends on who comes in at center.  Sully provides rebounding that KO doesn't and is an excellent finisher around the basket (KO's no slouch as a finisher either for that matter).  a lot of PFs in this league don't have Sully's touch around the rim nor his passing skills.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 05:36:37 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Right now none of them would be worth a first rounder

Trade value depends on the market

Too many good Pf in the league so sulinger said value is down
Better off keeping him

AB now would be worth a second rounder or if a team is desperate a late first rounder top 20 protected
Bradley is hustle defender, solid 3 point shooter but can only really guard 1s and small 2s

I don't think he has a future with us he seems like a good bench player on a contender
I think singe signed him to that 7-8 mil a year deal so he can use him as trade fodder for more assets when the cap goes up from the new tv rights deal and his deal is seen as a bargain compared to now

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 06:10:33 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
value of AB and Sully?

AB's value is as a combo guard off the bench where the starting SG can slide over to the point.  AB is no PG.  Some value as a pressure defender against a tired starter or against a backup point.  definitely a rotation player but he wouldn't start for a contender

Sully's value is as a starting PF or 3rd big that can provide solid rebounding and scoring next to a very good defensive center that isn't a complete liability on offense.  can provide spot minutes at center in a small-ball lineup but ideally would just be a PF

I think AB is destined to continue his career in another uniform before this contract is up.  I think the decision to keep either Sully or KO (I think one will eventually be moved) depends on who comes in at center.  Sully provides rebounding that KO doesn't and is an excellent finisher around the basket (KO's no slouch as a finisher either for that matter).  a lot of PFs in this league don't have Sully's touch around the rim nor his passing skills.
What the hamster says!

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
> Bass, Thornton or ET