Author Topic: Sixers (11-39) at Celtics (18-30) Game #49 2/6/15  (Read 41640 times)

Re: Sixers (11-39) at Celtics (18-30) Game #49 2/6/15
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2015, 10:35:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
3rd quarter apart, great game
We got a streak!

It should be breakfast time soon ...LOL

Latter dude  ;)
Actually sleeping an avg of 4 hrs works pretty well for me.
My ability to understand Hegel has dropped down dramatically, but that aside I am doing surprisingly well  ;D
criminey. you are still fighting with hegel? move on to marx and worry about material conditions for while.  ;D
Nietzsche and the Ubermensch is more like it.  ;) Thus Spoke Zarathustra is still one of my favorite reads.

« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2015, 10:51:37 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I was so excited with the game I did not even notice Wroten did not play (got injured in January and misses the rest of the year). So, we played them without 2 of their 3 best players (third is Noel of course).

« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2015, 11:02:50 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Have to say, this game had very little entertainment value. Not much to take away as positives either for the Celts.
I'd say that's more a reflection of your own personal attitude rather than the actual game.
And?  I am a fan and was not entertained tonight. This was a lousy NBA game.
I disagree, saw a couple of things I liked here and there. You made it quite clear earlier in the thread there would be no possible positive outcome from the game. Makes me wonder, albeit very briefly, why you didn't find something better to do than moan about it.
Because there were too many troubling things in this game. Yes I said win or lose, this should be considered a loss in the sense that they have to do better. The team did not show me anything I can call progress in this game. Smart shot poorly but did have some nifty passes. Zeller played no defense but did well on the boards, etc etc. bass and Thorton are helping but have no future here.

As a Celtics fan for more than 30 years, I reserve the right to moan. Sorry it bothers you.

For some the glass is half full, for others it's half empty...you appear to have not even have a glass. You're mistaken if you think it bother's me. I view people with your sort of outlook with a combination of mild amusement and just the tiniest hint of pity and disdain  ;)
You don't even know me so your opinion of "my outlook" is meaningless.   To use your analogy, the glass was half empty tonight, for me, that's all.  Of course I have a glass since I watched the game and I am a dedicated Celtics fan since the 70's. Really wish you hadn't turned this into a personal attack. Just give me the right to complain, please?  Don't worry I will feel better tomorrow. Geez.

« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2015, 11:10:49 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
I was so excited with the game I did not even notice Wroten did not play (got injured in January and misses the rest of the year). So, we played them without 2 of their 3 best players (third is Noel of course).
You forgot to include Embiid and Saric so it really was 4 of their 5 best players.  It may not pan out but I'm really impressed by their complete commitment to their tanking strategy. 

« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2015, 11:14:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
A win is a win but c'mon folks tis the Sixers.

« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2015, 11:52:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Couple nice games from Smart.  I think he'll be better than Rondo.

« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2015, 12:40:50 AM »

Offline Scottie

• NGT
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • About five seconds after 17 O'clock!!
Have to say, this game had very little entertainment value. Not much to take away as positives either for the Celts.
I'd say that's more a reflection of your own personal attitude rather than the actual game.
And?  I am a fan and was not entertained tonight. This was a lousy NBA game.
I disagree, saw a couple of things I liked here and there. You made it quite clear earlier in the thread there would be no possible positive outcome from the game. Makes me wonder, albeit very briefly, why you didn't find something better to do than moan about it.
Because there were too many troubling things in this game. Yes I said win or lose, this should be considered a loss in the sense that they have to do better. The team did not show me anything I can call progress in this game. Smart shot poorly but did have some nifty passes. Zeller played no defense but did well on the boards, etc etc. bass and Thorton are helping but have no future here.

As a Celtics fan for more than 30 years, I reserve the right to moan. Sorry it bothers you.

For some the glass is half full, for others it's half empty...you appear to have not even have a glass. You're mistaken if you think it bother's me. I view people with your sort of outlook with a combination of mild amusement and just the tiniest hint of pity and disdain  ;)
You don't even know me so your opinion of "my outlook" is meaningless.   To use your analogy, the glass was half empty tonight, for me, that's all.  Of course I have a glass since I watched the game and I am a dedicated Celtics fan since the 70's. Really wish you hadn't turned this into a personal attack. Just give me the right to complain, please?  Don't worry I will feel better tomorrow. Geez.

Lol, personal attack, you're a little sensitive don't you think? Especially after following the team for so long (which you insist on mentioning like it has some relevance). I certainly hope you'll bring that glass to tomorrow's game. Not sure if you'll be feeling better though, not while this rebuild is happening, but we can only hope.