Author Topic: Taj Gibson on trading block  (Read 5780 times)

Re: Taj Gibson on trading block
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 10:05:47 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Gibson availability is bad for the Brandon Bass market

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 11:26:15 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I like the idea of Chicago trading Taj Gibson. Pau Gasol is main cog in their offense and Mirotic their best young prospect. Taj Gibson odd man out. They badly need a 2nd starting caliber wing to put alongside Jimmy Butler and one who can shoot the 3 ball at a high level. Trading Taj Gibson to fill that hole would be a good move for Chicago.

Well, in theory anyway ... frankly, It's hard to see a trade that works for Chicago. A team that needs a starting PF and would be willing to give up a starting SG/SF who can shoot the ball at a high clip.
If Taj didn't have 2 years left a Taj + 1st for Thornton + 2nd would work for me.  not to get Taj because he's just adding to the overload of PFs we have but just to get that pick

Thorton is not going to land the Cs a first let alone a first and Taj Gibson.
I don't disagree.  didn't say Chicago would do it.  I wouldn't either, not because I don't think Gibson is a better player but because he's not someone we need at this time.  Just threw it out there as an option if Chicago wants a SG that can light it up while unloading a player they don't necessarily need that has a longer deal.

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If the Celtics acquire Gibson, it's more likely to be in June using the Rondo trade exception rather than a deadline deal.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 02:54:26 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Gibson availability is bad for the Brandon Bass market
Sorry I started a like thread. I agree that Gibson on the market bad for us and Bass.
I hope we at least make a low bid offer. He could be flipped to another team in the summer.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 07:52:21 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557
I'd trade Bradley for him.  Jeff Green would have made a lot of sense for Chicago, but we traded him already.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 08:35:19 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Thornton + Bass

for

Gibson + Mcbuckets

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 08:56:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Gibson is better than Bass in some ways, I do not see us trading for him with Bass.

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 08:58:54 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
I can see Prince and Thorton being good fits in Chicago. I don't see why they would want Bass though, Gibson is better and plays the same position.