Author Topic: Get rid of Sullinger  (Read 12972 times)

Re: Get rid of Sullinger
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 03:37:17 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Id ont think we need to get rid of sully though so that's different.   He can stick but he needs to find his nitch.

Sully to me is a good guy to have if we have other really good plaeyrs.  counting on him to be the guy every second isn't happening right now.  He needs to be a nitch guy imo and come in and be aggressive.

Yeah, then I see a guy like Whiteside and wonder if there's better fish in the sea. Sully's lack of defense is just a killer for many, he may not be a good enough offensive player to off set that feeling.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 03:51:01 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

One way to look lazy is to be really tired and have a sore back. It's midseason, the Celtics have been playing a tight schedule, he's been playing more minutes that ever, and he has some chronic ligament issues.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
i know this has been beaten to death, but what's really impeding sullinger's development is his weight.
this is a league based on speed, and he'd be able to expand his game with just a little more quickness. more speed means more opportunity to do different things. i think he'd be more able to find "daylight" under the rim, he'd get to his spots faster for jumpers, making him a more efficient offensive player. and his mobility on defense and on the boards would certainly improve, h eplays tough but doesn't have the foot speed to get to where he needs to go. sometimes on rebounds the ball will go right over his head like he was a 40-year old player instead of 25 or whatever.
ainge and stevens need to read him the riot act. he can either lose the weight and live up to his potential, or he can be an NBA side note and be out of the league in 5 years once his body deteriorates.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 03:57:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Id ont think we need to get rid of sully though so that's different.   He can stick but he needs to find his nitch.

Sully to me is a good guy to have if we have other really good plaeyrs.  counting on him to be the guy every second isn't happening right now.  He needs to be a nitch guy imo and come in and be aggressive.

Yeah, then I see a guy like Whiteside and wonder if there's better fish in the sea. Sully's lack of defense is just a killer for many, he may not be a good enough offensive player to off set that feeling.

Seems like with all the second round picks, we should just draft multiple Whiteside types.  Usually only 1 in 10 work out, but you draft enough times you just need one to make it work out big time.  He was a 2nd round pick.

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 03:59:18 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20

I dont mind guys like Sully just working on his game and taking his time.  we are developing players this year.  But at some point he needs to ramp it up and find a nitch. It might not happen until we have other players but if he is going to stick he is going to have to be one of those guys who can play a role.  I think sully is still one of those borderline starter/all star types with a better supporting cast but he needs to get it in gear a bit. 

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 04:19:03 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
For 2 firsts like mozgov i would give him away

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He just can't seem to understand it's his JOB to stay in shape , be the best athletic shape possible .....

He looks like a fat kid.   SMH ::)

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 04:49:17 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Count me as one who blasted Stevens for playing Sullinger against opposing centers last year.  He's come a long way since.  Last year it seemed almost every other game he was getting torched by these taller players.  Now he's keeping centers away from the basket and making them work for their shots. He has the strength to do so.  Olynyk and Zeller aren't close to him in this regard. 

As for the 3 pointers he's hitting a fair number of them.  He just picked the wrong time to let them go in the last game. 

As for his weight problems, it's a lot harder to control than most people think.  I used to believe it was a simple process involving dieting and exercise.  And, couldn't understand why it was so hard for people to keep their weight off.  Found out there is a lot more to it such as predisposition, psychology, stress, nervous system, metabolism, etc.   

He isn't the greatest player in the league, but he holds his own especially when he drives to the hoop. 

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 04:53:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Last week it was Bradley, this week is Sullinger. Place your bets on who's the next person!  ;D

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 05:02:08 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Last week it was Bradley, this week is Sullinger. Place your bets on who's the next person!  ;D

My guess it's Thornton...Or, has he taken turn yet?   ;D

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 05:12:58 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
He's very slow and gets very lazy on defense and rebounds at times and on his shot selection.  I always felt it wrong that people criticized jeff green all last year when Sully was no better with his lapses.  Probably worse in ways.  KO is really bad defensively too at times.  They are still young though.

He's not good in transition because he is so slow.  Our team is bad though. NOt sure any of these guys are motivated right now.

He's a fat arse. Overweight, slow, cannot play a lick of defense!

Don't let the word "motivation" get in your way. Your getting paid, you play! This guy has to go. He sux!

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

As for the 3 pointers he's hitting a fair number of them.  He just picked the wrong time to let them go in the last game. 

29 percent is not a fair number of them. Someone else said it earlier: he's starting to remind me of Antoine Walker.

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 05:14:06 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Bradley can play defense. Sullinger can't!

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2015, 05:36:55 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I can't stand this guy. Get rid of him as soon as possible, his value is decent right now.

Couldn't you have just bumped one of the other Sullinger hate threads you've started?

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=75648.msg1807063#msg1807063

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=74823.msg1780868#msg1780868

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=74564.msg1771972#msg1771972

It's good to see you're not just a one dimensional Sully hater. You also are responsible for about 5 of the 'Bradley sucks' threads. ;D
TP
Seriously now, this is a real issue over here. People say the same things over and over again and cannot even be bothered to search and re-open their old thread. It is not just a formality:
i/ it helps a lot to keep things tidy
ii/ it helps to have the whole conversation on any given topic in one thread rather than 5 or 10.
Also, all the conversations 'let's trade the best young player of the last team we lost against for 2 first rounders' belong in the garbage trade thread.

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 05:42:28 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
He makes me angry Nerf

I gathered that. ;D But what's the alternative? Not getting enough Zeller and Bass for your liking? Olynyk and Shav are banged up. It's either play this piece of crap or play that piece of crap, honestly.
Sully is mediocre not bad.
What makes me angry is that the same people who want to trade Sully after half a mediocre season (with some really good games every now and then mind you) are the exact same people who go like 'How on Earth did DA miss on Hassan Whiteside?' (yeah right, the guy had an injury history and had been rejected by half the NBA before deciding to work his ass and become a real NBA player- at age 25)
So, unless you want to be starting the next 'fire Ainge' thread for letting Sully (he is 22) walk away too soon, let's try to be reasonable for a moment.