Author Topic: young outplays dawkins  (Read 4637 times)

young outplays dawkins
« on: February 01, 2015, 04:13:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
while ainge watches red claws,young scores 33pts to dawkins 17,young hits 9 of 13 to dawkins 5 of 12 in battle of threes.

Re: young outplays dawkins
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 05:12:38 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'd like to see them both in the maine league after the all-star break. If Young can't crack the rotation regularly, Dawkins won't even sniff the floor.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 06:12:21 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
dawkins may have blown his chance just on defense alone.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 08:10:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Young seems pretty consistent with his shot .  Something  the C's desperately need,   Since Ray and Paul left.   Someone who can put the ball in the hole ,  when you need a clutch bucket.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 08:23:37 AM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
They're the D-League version of Steph Curry and Klay Thompson
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 09:01:55 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

No.

They are Batman and Robin.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 10:01:04 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Young seems pretty consistent with his shot .  Something  the C's desperately need,   Since Ray and Paul left.   Someone who can put the ball in the hole ,  when you need a clutch bucket.

I really believe CBS wants to give Young minutes, he has tried to give him some but he hasn't been producing aside from that one game. If he is going to get some of Thorton, AB, Jae, TP's minutes he will have to earn them in that short time, even though the minutes have been sporadic. If he comes in a bombs a few, he will definitely get more minutes. It's going to be extra hard because TP came in a fit right away, he is producing in short minutes.

Young has plenty of time to grow and learn. I want him to play but I also don't want him out there just b/c he is young. He hasn't been bad out there but he just isn't giving anything the other guys don't/can't and they are proven. He will have his time to light it up, don't worry!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 10:20:29 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
young sure lit it up last night and looked very much the pedigree  but should  play and practise with celts at home  and skip some celts road trips and play with red claws or work out in gym-he really needs to fill out and get stronger-he could play good d but needs coaching in that area-hard to get playing time and looks with celts and thats alot traveling to get a couple shots and miss.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 11:13:41 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Young really lights up the D-League. The kid has the catch and shoot down pat. I understand they're working on his defense, and he looks like he could use some muscle, but I would hope when we trade Bass and Thornton he see's good minutes with the celtics.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 01:07:59 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
was at the game last night, young was awesome, though he should have gotten more shots. he has such an easy and natural stroke, hard to see him not becoming a very effective scorer in the NBA.

dawkins was decent.

PF omari johnson was very impressive, 25 points and 10 reb on 10/15 FG. he looked like he might have a shot at the next level, he seems very athletic and versatile.

ralph sampson III on the other hand is one of the worst d-league players i've even seen, he's not even a pale shadow of his father. he was a big part of the horrific defense the claws put in for the first half or so, the team got a lot better once he was off the floor.

ainge was at half court, watching. at half time i noticed he waited for the mad ants' coach Conner Henry at the entrance of the locker room tunnel and said "hello" before going in with the claws. apparently henry and ainge played together on the c's in 1987.

here's a pic of james young, and another of dawkins going in for a layup attempt.

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 04:37:04 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
dawkins may have blown his chance just on defense alone.

Please explain this statement.  I'm more interested in hearing about how Young and Dawkins play defense rather than how well they shoot.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 05:32:20 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

ainge was at half court, watching. at half time i noticed he waited for the mad ants' coach Conner Henry at the entrance of the locker room tunnel and said "hello" before going in with the claws. apparently henry and ainge played together on the c's in 1987.

Apparently?  Sheesh the kids today.

http://www.celticslife.com/2010/11/what-hell-happened-toconner-henry.html

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 05:34:06 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
they will just blow by him and has trouble going over top of screens,the kid is just a shooter-don't want to criticise any further .red claws site has full game replays-i was impressed with shooting and how he came back after a bad game and how he shoots with a hand in his face-he has 10 days to make an impression-they did have him at game today but got a dnp,looks like a nice kid and a credit to his family-
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:42:38 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 05:48:11 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

No.

They are Batman and Robin.
Mario and Luigi.

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 09:05:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
they will just blow by him and has trouble going over top of screens,the kid is just a shooter-don't want to criticise any further .red claws site has full game replays-i was impressed with shooting and how he came back after a bad game and how he shoots with a hand in his face-he has 10 days to make an impression-they did have him at game today but got a dnp,looks like a nice kid and a credit to his family-
rollie, thanks and a tp for the analysis. please provide more as you watch the games...both for young and dawkins.

for dawkins, yes, his chances of being a credible nba player are both slim and fat. but i love being able to cheer for these guys, just as i do for pressey. i love the underdog.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva