Author Topic: Heat (20-26) at Celtics (16-29) Game #46 2/1/15  (Read 56663 times)

Re: Heat (20-26) at Celtics (16-29) Game #46 2/1/15
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2015, 02:39:55 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
DRAW!!!!!!!!!! ;D

« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2015, 02:40:36 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I can't believe it. Marcus Smart is leading all players in the game in assists.  :o Never thought that would happen

Funny you say that because the Heat announcers were actually complementing the C's on how much more ball movement they have since the Rondo trade.
All that ball movement and only 31 points at the half.  But somehow, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to blame that on Rondo.

I'm not saying we're playing well today, but the ball does zip around more than it used to. I'm curious since the trade are our assists up, down, or the same?
Of course the offense is going to change when you go from Rondo to Turner as starting PG.  Its laughable to think of Turner or Smart trying to run the offense like Rondo did.  Having more ball movement doesn't necessarily mean you have a more effective offense.  Player movement is much more important than ball movement.   

« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2015, 02:40:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Marcus took a lick

« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2015, 02:41:47 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I can't believe it. Marcus Smart is leading all players in the game in assists.  :o Never thought that would happen

Funny you say that because the Heat announcers were actually complementing the C's on how much more ball movement they have since the Rondo trade.

And the Heat announcers would know this because? My guess is they never see the Celrics.

Well, Eric Reid, their play by play guy was talking about how he spoke to Gorman at length before the game, and how they used to do Big East games together years ago. Then the conversation switched to Rondo and how he has a knack for holding the ball and trying to wait until he made a pass that led directly to a FG. So either he knows this from watching C's games or from Gorman directly. I don't think it's any secret that announcers tell each other things that would help them discuss the other team on air.

So with all the ball movement, why are they 7-15 without Rondo?

And with an easier schedule than the Rondo period.

Uh, talent? It's about the same record wise, no?

9-14 versus 7-15. You would think with the great ball movement the record would have improved.
It's actually 8-14 if I remember right, because Rondo missed the Chicago win when he got the screw in his hand removed.

« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2015, 02:41:47 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
The ball movement has stopped.

The chuckers are here!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2015, 02:42:56 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This is a resilient bunch, I tell you. Danny maybe tanking the season, but these guys aren't. Love watching them fight.

Yep. Nothing better than being stuck in no man's land.

Eh, can you blame them though? These players are not on that floor to on purposely lose. I'm just excited that the young guys are learning a valuable lesson in resilience. That would bold well in the next few years.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2015, 02:42:57 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Guess this game is too important for Young to get any more time.   ::)

« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2015, 02:43:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

And the Heat announcers would know this because? My guess is they never see the Celrics.

Well, Eric Reid, their play by play guy was talking about how he spoke to Gorman at length before the game, and how they used to do Big East games together years ago. Then the conversation switched to Rondo and how he has a knack for holding the ball and trying to wait until he made a pass that led directly to a FG. So either he knows this from watching C's games or from Gorman directly. I don't think it's any secret that announcers tell each other things that would help them discuss the other team on air.

9-14 versus 7-15. You would think with the great ball movement the record would have improved.

Pretty [dang] close though. You would think we would be a lot worse replacing Rondo and Green for basically Crowder and Prince. Regardless, the ball movement is better. We might not have one guy racking up assists, but we probably average the same, if not more, collectively.

« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2015, 02:43:54 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

There's too many factors to count and come to a definitive conclusion about our post Rondo record, including a tougher schedule in November. That hasn't stopped some from stating " Just as I said all along, Rondo leaving had basically no effect on the team" which I find dubious at best.

« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2015, 02:43:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Pressey took shooting lessons from Rondo

« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2015, 02:44:53 PM »

Offline ZoneD

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12

All that ball movement and only 31 points at the half.  But somehow, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to blame that on Rondo.

I'm not saying we're playing well today, but the ball does zip around more than it used to. I'm curious since the trade are our assists up, down, or the same?
Of course the offense is going to change when you go from Rondo to Turner as starting PG.  Its laughable to think of Turner or Smart trying to run the offense like Rondo did.  Having more ball movement doesn't necessarily mean you have a more effective offense.  Player movement is much more important than ball movement.

Offensive efficiency is measured by made shots not ball movement per say you are correct. Player movement and ball movement are related in that guys can't get open without players moving around and you can't get the ball to open players without ball movement. However, the ball can move much faster to open players with passing rather than dribbling so I would say having the ball moving is a desirable trait in any offense. Rondo held onto the ball and let players run around and get open. This allowed the defense and specifically his defender to not exert much effort and hurt our offense overall.

« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2015, 02:45:45 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
I don't mind if this team wins with the youngsters leading.

Danny will turn the multiple picks and the cap room into help.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

That my mind set at this point .

We land where we land in the draft

« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2015, 02:47:41 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
The Prince thing is strange though. :-\

Larry Bird

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2015, 02:48:02 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

That my mind set at this point .

We land where we land in the draft

Here, here. I understand that losing is the plan of the FO. But having the young studs learning how to be tough, resilient and how to win collectively, that's as great a reward as landing a high pick.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace