Author Topic: Heat (20-26) at Celtics (16-29) Game #46 2/1/15  (Read 56670 times)

Re: Heat (20-26) at Celtics (16-29) Game #46 2/1/15
« Reply #285 on: February 01, 2015, 03:49:54 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Stevens just said Prince was hurt and couldn't go today, if you want to believe him....
I really hope this is the case.

« Reply #286 on: February 01, 2015, 03:50:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
You have to love the D these guys are playing now.
Ohhhh yeeeaahhhh. That's what I thought of watching this game. Look at the D!

« Reply #287 on: February 01, 2015, 03:50:59 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Stevens just said Prince was hurt and couldn't go today, if you want to believe him....

Thank you for the info!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #288 on: February 01, 2015, 03:51:20 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I really hope this is the case.

I don't think he would have been on the bench if a trade was imminent
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Jay King @ByJayKing
Follow
Prince had a hip flexor issue. He told Stevens about it right before the game. "Obviously he would have played and played a lot."

« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2015, 03:57:14 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I can't believe it. Marcus Smart is leading all players in the game in assists.  :o Never thought that would happen

Funny you say that because the Heat announcers were actually complementing the C's on how much more ball movement they have since the Rondo trade.

And the Heat announcers would know this because? My guess is they never see the Celrics.

Well, Eric Reid, their play by play guy was talking about how he spoke to Gorman at length before the game, and how they used to do Big East games together years ago. Then the conversation switched to Rondo and how he has a knack for holding the ball and trying to wait until he made a pass that led directly to a FG. So either he knows this from watching C's games or from Gorman directly. I don't think it's any secret that announcers tell each other things that would help them discuss the other team on air.

So with all the ball movement, why are they 7-15 without Rondo?

And with an easier schedule than the Rondo period.
and supposedly improving rookies

I know. The wheels completely fell out without Rondo and Dallas is rolling! What a player and a true difference maker! At least reading your posts, without knowing actual wins and losses, would lead one to believe.

« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2015, 03:58:00 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I'm sure somebody already mentioned this, but Whiteside is a free agent!

Actually, he signed a multi-year deal with the Heat.

[dang], really? I can't find his contract info. Oh, OK. 2 year deal. Darn!

« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2015, 04:03:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I can't believe it. Marcus Smart is leading all players in the game in assists.  :o Never thought that would happen

Funny you say that because the Heat announcers were actually complementing the C's on how much more ball movement they have since the Rondo trade.

And the Heat announcers would know this because? My guess is they never see the Celrics.

Well, Eric Reid, their play by play guy was talking about how he spoke to Gorman at length before the game, and how they used to do Big East games together years ago. Then the conversation switched to Rondo and how he has a knack for holding the ball and trying to wait until he made a pass that led directly to a FG. So either he knows this from watching C's games or from Gorman directly. I don't think it's any secret that announcers tell each other things that would help them discuss the other team on air.

I know. The wheels completely fell out without Rondo and Dallas is rolling! What a player and a true difference maker! At least reading your posts, without knowing actual wins and losses, would lead one to believe.
Ohhh yeaaah. Dallas is just done!

« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2015, 04:08:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Ohhh yeaaah. Dallas is just done!

13-9 since the deal is awesome. He's put them over the top.

« Reply #294 on: February 01, 2015, 04:22:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I have watched every game this season, although not every minute, and it has been a real struggle to sit through unwatchable games.  I keep telling myself that I won't watch, but it is like the wreck on the road...hard not to gawk in disbelief and denial.

When the team changes every day , can't build any identity , and so,many players leave , and the best ones too .....it just destroys the enthusiasm and any momentum the team has.

I really get no,feel for the team......it has to stay together more than ten games to jell

« Reply #295 on: February 01, 2015, 04:26:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This game was tuff to watch .

No Prince , Pressey was high school bad, I never saw You g on the court ,  I had million other things going on ...

I saw AB play n well though ...good defense and shooting ok.   And Smart played decent IMO...Zeller tried . 

Thornton , ET and Pressey are worthless

« Reply #296 on: February 01, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
This game was tuff to watch .

No Prince , Pressey was high school bad, I never saw You g on the court ,  I had million other things going on ...

I saw AB play n well though ...good defense and shooting ok.   And Smart played decent IMO...Zeller tried . 

Thornton , ET and Pressey are worthless
IMO you should put ET in perspective.
Very cheap contract and a lot of improvement since last year.
He has become a legit (if below average) PG.
And he can still improve.

« Reply #297 on: February 01, 2015, 04:38:54 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
CelticsLife.com ?@CelticsLife  51m51 minutes ago
Thought so. RT @GwashburnGlobe: Prince was walking gingerly back to locker room after game and looked uncomfortable. Real injury. #Celtics