Author Topic: should celts recall dawkins-  (Read 3266 times)

should celts recall dawkins-
« on: January 31, 2015, 11:46:09 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
for sunday heat game.  andre has scored  back to back 27pt games for red claws at about 50% of three's,
How will young react-

Re: should celts recall dawkins-
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 02:34:08 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Young did about the same thing when he was with the Red Claws.  It shouldn't make him worried.

It's likely Dawkins would come back to Earth if given playing time with the C's.  Plus, doesn't he have defensive and athletic issues?

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 02:49:36 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
If he continues to play well with the red claws I expect he may get a 10 day call up after the trade deadline when guys like thornton, prince may be gone.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 03:12:39 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
going to see the claws tonight, will report back on their performance.
the crowds seem to be smaller this year, which is too bad, as this claws team has been quite good. people need to support the team, and hey, it's a fairly cheap night out
their arena is terrible, though, and the concessions lines are way too long. i guess to some it might seem cozy, but to me the smallness of the place makes it seem second-rate.
they should really move into the expo, i watched the celtics play there this year and the ambiance was fantastic. there's no good reason the claws shouldn't be getting similar attendance numbers to the pirates, the pirates aren't even affiliated with the bruins.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 04:02:35 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
youcan watch highlites or game replays. I always like to watch games as well as stats and highlites-guards are going to blow by this kid but he is an elite shooter-that what he is-elite shooter and he has proven that--

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 04:12:13 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
CBS is not using Young. What makes you think he will use Dawkins?
Thornton is far from an ideal choice, but he is a good enough short term fix for shooting threes.
Moreover, we got Prince. So, no, I do not see any point whatsoever an unproven player, just because he happened to have a good performance at the D-League.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 04:45:24 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
summer league and records for sioux city ,was part of miami squad start of season and recently called up again-the kid has proven he can shoot,why did celtics sign him,-not like they don't have enough of a merry go round.

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 06:57:27 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Thornton is far from an ideal choice, but he is a good enough short term fix for shooting threes.
Moreover, we got Prince. So, no, I do not see any point whatsoever an unproven player, just because he happened to have a good performance at the D-League.

Why would you continue to play an overpaid NBA hasbin when you have a first round pick you need to get acclimated to the NBA game? :'(
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 08:49:32 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton

Why would you continue to play an overpaid NBA hasbin when you have a first round pick you need to get acclimated to the NBA game? :'(

Because Stevens wants to win games even if hurts the C's lottery chances.

Judging from what I've seen of Prince he's far from being a hasbin.  During the West Coast swing, he kept-them-in or led the team in almost every game.  And, he's a major reason for the Celtics resurgence.  Losing him and/or Thornton will assure the Celtics that they won't be in the playoffs. 
Did you notice how many empty seats there were in Minnesota?  That's one price of losing.  On the other hand, they looked great now that Martin is back.  And, should look even better when Rubio comes back.  (So, that's a huge benefit of losing...they get better players in the draft.) 

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 09:17:28 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Judging from what I've seen of Prince he's far from being a hasbin.  During the West Coast swing, he kept-them-in or led the team in almost every game.  And, he's a major reason for the Celtics resurgence.  Losing him and/or Thornton will assure the Celtics that they won't be in the playoffs. 
Did you notice how many empty seats there were in Minnesota?  That's one price of losing.  On the other hand, they looked great now that Martin is back.  And, should look even better when Rubio comes back.  (So, that's a huge benefit of losing...they get better players in the draft.)
Ahem, I am pretty sure the Chief was referring to Thornton.

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 09:45:33 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Yes Thorton. I actually have no problem with Prince.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 11:35:42 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton

Yes Thorton. I actually have no problem with Prince.

He may be over-paid, but he's doing okay considering the minutes he's playing.  Lately, he's playing better and Stevens is inserting him in crucial moments.  Marcus's efforts has me thinking that Bass is influencing the whole team.