Author Topic: marcus getting better  (Read 3981 times)

Re: marcus getting better
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 12:25:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
One thing annoying me from the pro-Marcus Smart side (we're all on that side but you know what I mean) is that when he does well in a game ....just in one aspect of the game....he's some sort of prodigy or clearly on the right path and he's going to be a beast, but when he's in a game where he does poorly he's just a rookie. And then when he's in a game with two other rookies that totally show him up (Wiggings/Lavine)....well in that case we just don't talk about it.
The thing is, he hasn't really played poorly in a month, other than like an outside game or two. And no one is really comparing him to other rookies because his situation is so much different. It's not really fair to compare him to a Wiggins or Parker because a) everyone knows they're better/have a higher ceiling, and b) they've basically been starting with a prominent role since the beginning. So it's not really a fair comparison.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 12:33:11 PM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
 I would like to see him get more involved in the offense, but it's pretty hard to do when he's paired with Thorton or Bradley. It seems like either would rather take a shot with a hand in their face then pass to smart. The other thing that bothers me is that guys drafted after Smart(Payton, Levine, Napier, dinWiddie) and even Exum are currently starting for their team and we have turnover Turner starting. Not that I hate him, I'd much rather see him at sf.

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 12:34:15 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I hate how he's allergic to taking the ball to the hoop. Seems a 6'4" 220 lb PG would feast on bullying smaller players at his position. (almost all players)

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 12:41:40 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Marcus needs to start with Turner, Crowder, Bass, and Sullinger.

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 12:42:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I would like to see him get more involved in the offense, but it's pretty hard to do when he's paired with Thorton or Bradley. It seems like either would rather take a shot with a hand in their face then pass to smart. The other thing that bothers me is that guys drafted after Smart(Payton, Levine, Napier, dinWiddie) and even Exum are currently starting for their team and we have turnover Turner starting. Not that I hate him, I'd much rather see him at sf.
Exactly right on both points. No one seems to want to pass to him, and his role has been so inconsistent on this team due to our team's circumstances.

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 12:46:13 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
At least he's getting some media exposure.

You all see him on NBA Inside Stuff NBATV?

Looking forward to his continued development. He' going to be a huge thorn in opponents' sides one day.