Author Topic: New BR Mock Draft has us taking Cauley-Stein  (Read 9550 times)

Re: New BR Mock Draft has us taking Cauley-Stein
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 07:09:04 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I would be happy with Cauley-Stein at 10. If the celtics have a pick higher than that, then I want one of those top 9 guys. The top 8 is where I want to be.

As for Dekker, he should be off the board by the mid teens. The Celtics will be looking at lesser players in the mid twenties. So far I might roll the dice with a raw big like Dakari Johnson or Robert Upshaw.

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 07:13:23 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
I just realized they didn't rank Oubre in their top 10. I would pick him over WCS. Oubre is a smooth scorer and a heck of a rebounder. Good size for a SG too.

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 07:16:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I wouldn't mind WCS, but here's hoping we get someone who has better, higher potential.

I maybe wrong on this, but I see Cauley-Stein as a poor man's DeAndre Jordan, and that's someone you don't tank for. I'd try to overpay to move up to top 5 if our pick lands there. I mean, we have plenty, use it.

I wouldn't mind WCS, but I hope Danny work until he dries out his sweat to get someone who's much more highly touted.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 07:29:09 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
yeah WCS has a higher chance of becoming Brendan Wright 2.0 than he does of becoming a deandre Jordan or Tyson Chandler. He doesn't have Jordan's freaky hops, or Tyson's drive and savy.

Tyler Zeller might have a better career than WCS. I see them as roughly equal prospects - really nice backup centers. Of course WCS is more of an unknown with his ceiling, thus you have to look at him with a 10th pick.

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 07:32:04 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If we could draft WCS I would be pretty happy. We need length, rim protection, and defensive energy.

Even if we signed a free agent center, and couldn't get Okafor or Towns, still I say draft Willie.

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
WCS is already too old, not much ceiling IMO.

I have a lot of doubts about Myles Turner, but still think his ceiling is higher than WCS's.

Because of WCS and Towns nobody gives nothing for Dakari Johnson. But he is an interesting, underrated prospect and is getting better:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2015/01/15/kentucky-basketball-center-dakari-johnson-combats-physical-play-breaks-slump/21824159/

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24985778/observations-another-7-footer-dakari-johnson-shows-out-for-kentucky

If we draft a SF with our pick (Johnson, Oubre, Winslow, Hezonja) Dakari can be a name for the Clippers pick.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
yeah WCS has a higher chance of becoming Brendan Wright 2.0 than he does of becoming a deandre Jordan or Tyson Chandler. He doesn't have Jordan's freaky hops, or Tyson's drive and savy.

Tyler Zeller might have a better career than WCS. I see them as roughly equal prospects - really nice backup centers. Of course WCS is more of an unknown with his ceiling, thus you have to look at him with a 10th pick.

This years WCS is much improved. If it were last year I would agree with the above summery. This year he displays much more defensive energy and effort. His free throw shooting is much better, shots blocked is up, his defensive intensity is very high. His motor is much more like D. Jordan that Zeller.   

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 07:50:32 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

This years WCS is much improved. If it were last year I would agree with the above summery. This year he displays much more defensive energy and effort. His free throw shooting is much better, shots blocked is up, his defensive intensity is very high. His motor is much more like D. Jordan that Zeller.

He also has the luxury of playing on a team with 3 other big time shot blockers. The size advantage Kentucky has give WCS a comfort level to just roam and be an energy guy. He doesn't have to play as a defensive anchor. I would love to see him play as an anchor without Towns, Johnson or Lee on the floor with him.

In the NBA he won't have the freedom to roam. He's gonna have to body up Dwight Howard, Gasol, Cousins, Bosh, etc.

Oh and to clarify. I don't think WCS and Zeller have the same skill set. I just think they are both going to peak as really nice backup centers in the NBA.

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 07:53:53 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I just realized they didn't rank Oubre in their top 10. I would pick him over WCS. Oubre is a smooth scorer and a heck of a rebounder. Good size for a SG too.

Is it true he's a bit of a knucklehead?  Stephenson Lite?

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

Is it true he's a bit of a knucklehead?  Stephenson Lite?

I hadn't heard that. Do you have any leads / links?

I am just going by watching him play. He doesn't try to take over a game when he shouldn't , like Stephenson.

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 07:59:35 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
WCS is already too old, not much ceiling IMO.

I have a lot of doubts about Myles Turner, but still think his ceiling is higher than WCS's

I hope I'm wrong but I look at Turner running the court and I'm reminded of Acie Earl.   :o

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 08:01:46 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Pass on Stein..and Im a huge UK fan..trust me on this one folks
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 11:23:22 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I wouldn't mind WCS, but here's hoping we get someone who has better, higher potential.

At pick #10??  I see WCS as Tyson Chandler 2.0.  That's definitely worth the 10th overall pick.  Now if we are pick in the top 5, yes I'd see us having a shot at a superstar talent.

But at #10 I'd be quite satisfied to be getting the rim protector that we desperately need as a team.

You guys are too hung up on age.  Do you want to know how old Joakim Noah was when he was drafted in 2007?  He was 22.  Over the hill for you guys.  And he was only viewed as an energy guy coming out.  Guess what?  He's one of the top centers in the NBA now.  Big men take longer to develop anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joakim_Noah

Want to know what makes me think WCS can become an elite defender at the NBA level?  It's not his block numbers.  It's his improvement in steals per 40.  Generally defenders with high block rates, but low steal rates, don't develop well at the NBA level.  But WCS improvement to 2.7 steals per 40 indicates to me that mentally, and position-wise his defensive game is improving and he could probably translate that game to the next level.
http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/1/22/7867881/2015-nba-draft-profile-kentucky-center-willie-cauley-stein
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:32:34 PM by vjcsmoke »

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

I maybe wrong on this, but I see Cauley-Stein as a poor man's DeAndre Jordan, and that's someone you don't tank for. I'd try to overpay to move up to top 5 if our pick lands there. I mean, we have plenty, use it.

I wouldn't mind WCS, but I hope Danny work until he dries out his sweat to get someone who's much more highly touted.

Are we tanking even? If so we are pretty horrible at it.

Re: New BR Mock Draft has us taking...
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 11:47:21 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
i would take anyone of them except porzingis henzonjia and looney...

THIS

Not this.