Author Topic: New BR Mock Draft has us taking Cauley-Stein  (Read 9548 times)

New BR Mock Draft has us taking Cauley-Stein
« on: January 30, 2015, 02:40:50 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Willie Cauley-Stein with the # 10 pick and Layman with the # 26 pick.

1. Minny: Okafor
2. Knicks: Russell
3. 76ers: Johnson
4. Lakers: Mudiay
5. Magic: Towns
6. Pacers: Porzingis
7. Jazz: Looney
8. Pistons: Hezonja
9. Kings: Turner
10. C's: WCS

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2346078-2015-nba-mock-draft-predicting-how-1st-round-shakes-out-midseason-edition/page/11

Granted, it's Bleacher Report, but it seems fairly realistic to me. If we happen to stick where we are in the standings (God help us), that's a pretty good get considering that draft position and our needs.

What do you think? Will WCS still be there at 10, and is he the right pick for us given who is already off of the board?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:21:41 PM by indeedproceed »

Re: New BR Mock Draft has us taking...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 02:44:17 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
i would take anyone of them except porzingis henzonjia and looney...

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 02:55:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'd be very happy if we got WCS. I'd be happy if we drafted anyone in the top 10 that wasn't foreign.

Also I don't know much about Layman. Has anyone watched him play who thinks he is good? I've read the Chandler Parsons comp but i'm not sure if it's accurate.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 03:21:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I still think we'll be around #5 but if we ended up with #10 and got WCS, I wouldn't be upset (except that we were at #10 and the Lakers got Mudiay)

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
I'd be very happy if we got WCS. I'd be happy if we drafted anyone in the top 10 that wasn't foreign.

Also I don't know much about Layman. Has anyone watched him play who thinks he is good? I've read the Chandler Parsons comp but i'm not sure if it's accurate.

So we have a Gordon Hayward (Sam Dekker) and a Chandler Parsons (Layman). Never watched Layman, but Dekker seems a nice option for the Clippers pick, if we use our pick to grab WCS or Turner or another center.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 03:56:48 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

THIS
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 05:04:57 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Ive been watching/coaching against Jake Layman since high school, would love to see him on the Celts.

Local kid, from King Philip Regional, Wrentham.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 05:19:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I hope he is 7 ' 2" and not a guard .

We need a center in the worst way.

Re: New BR Mock Draft has us taking Cauley-Stein
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 05:22:51 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Towns @ 5 ... that would be fantastic.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 05:25:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Anybody tall but Fab Melo

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 05:41:38 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
WCS would be awesome with the 10th pick. Realistically, he will be gone by then and I agree with those saying we should skip on Porzingis, Hezonja, and Loonney. If that's the case, and we are picking at #10, I hope we go with Harrell. He and Smart on the same team would be something to watch.

At that point we should move KO, Sully, whoever, for a viable young center - preferably from the Philly crop.

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

So we have a Gordon Hayward (Sam Dekker) and a Chandler Parsons (Layman). Never watched Layman, but Dekker seems a nice option for the Clippers pick, if we use our pick to grab WCS or Turner or another center.

Sam Dekker is a strong player with good size for the wing and may be miscast in Wisconsin's system. He's routinely been a top performer at the Lebron James Skills Academy. Good Motor, decent athlete with a sustainable 3 point J.

With the Clippers pick, sign me up. I think he's going to be a player that people look back and say he should have been taken higher.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 06:47:15 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

THIS

Uh not this.   I would love Henzonja.  I can pass on Porzingis and Looney though

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 06:51:08 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

Sam Dekker is a strong player with good size for the wing and may be miscast in Wisconsin's system. He's routinely been a top performer at the Lebron James Skills Academy. Good Motor, decent athlete with a sustainable 3 point J.

With the Clippers pick, sign me up. I think he's going to be a player that people look back and say he should have been taken higher.

Agreed. He sometimes plays the PF for Wisconsin, but he's actually a very good SF. I'd love to pick him with the Clippers pick.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 07:08:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
What surprised me is seeing Russell and Johnson over Mudiay and Towns. I've heard Russell was making a jump, but I didn't think it'd be number 2 with Johnson right behind him. I'd be supremely happy with WCS at 10, but I'm just not sure he lasts that long.