Author Topic: full rebuilding mode...  (Read 3646 times)

full rebuilding mode...
« on: January 30, 2015, 12:17:56 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
They want to trade lance... lance and vonleh for bradley and bass...
they want to trade jackson... jackson lamb and perkins and a pick.. for thorton turner and sully
hornetts and thunder get better now...
we lose 2 prospects... sully and bradley.. but get 3... jackson lamb vonleh.. gamble with lance.. and the pick

Re: full rebuilding mode...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 12:50:56 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Would absolutely not include sully in a deal for reggie jackson.  Entirely too much considering just offering Sully for Reggie Jackson straight up would be bad on our end.  Would replace sully with bass.  Without Sully in the trade we might have to be the ones to throw in a pick.  We could probably even do Kelly O for reggie jackson straight up.

I love going after Lance and Reggie, both are extremely good players.  But we have some other young and talented guards by the names of Marcus Smart and James Young (two of which are our previous 1st round draft picks).  Both are good trades for extremely promising young talent (which is the direction were going in, young), stephenson has proven that he can play a MAJOR role on a contending team and reggie jackson has proven he could also find a substantial role on a playoff team (aka. I can see both players being part of our long term plans).  But I don't think it would be wise to go after both of these trades.  tarting smart/stephenson or jackson/smart.  Obviously James Young has some improving to do but he needs playing time to do so. 

A better plan would be too go after one of those two players, draft a rim protector, and sign a wing (SF).  Rim protector and wing are two more obvious holes we need to fill.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 01:10:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
With Smart and Young already here, I'm less inclined to trade for either a known headache in Lance or a over-hyped non-starter in Jackson.

the first deal is ok from a talent swap perpective.  Lance is much better than AB when dialed in and Bass is much better (right now) than Vonleh.  taking a wild flyer on Vonleh who hasn't shown anything yet.

the second trade is paying too much.  Jackson isn't a starter or OKC would be paying him rather than trading him.  Lamb hasn't shown anything.  Perk is toast.  the pick will be very high unless it's this year which I don't see them moving for just that reason.  Thornton, Turner and Sully could all step into starter roles on that team (not all at once obviously, they just have the talent to start for OKC).  Maybe Thornton, Turner for Jackson, Perk and first but still not a fan of that

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 01:44:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Vonleh makes me real nervous, sometimes when a guy shows nothing it is because he has nothing.  If we could get a pick out of them I would feel better.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 01:50:41 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
I agree with you all.... but... the plan is to win a title... i think most of us agree that only smart has the potential maybe young too to be a factor in a championship team... i am just saying... keep collectong assets to use them for the right player... lamb vonleh even jackdon can be traded easier

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
I want a player like okagor or towns or russel from this draft

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 02:09:42 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
seems like a lot of trouble to be getting a roster into this early in a rebuild.

volatile young vet - Stephenson

backup looking for big pay day - Jackson

long term project - Vonleh

Now 2 years from now people might look at this as a home run idea, but the risk is to great.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 02:30:37 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
With Smart and Young already here, I'm less inclined to trade for either a known headache in Lance or a over-hyped non-starter in Jackson.

Eric Bledsoe at one point could have been considered an over hyped non starter.  Also with this trade there is absolutely nothing to worry about in receiving Vonleh.  Trading Bass for Vonleh would be a good move for us.  Risk nothing to get a top ten pick as a rookie.

Just to throw it out there i'd take lance over reggie.  I wouldnt want to deal with the pay day jackson may want, while stephenson is signed to a reasonable contract.  I dont think volatility would be huge because 1. it would be his team and 2. i feel like he would fit in great with the group we have.  A bunch of players who really want to win.  Also not only is lance proven, but I think regardless he's the better player and also the better fit on our team.  Lance is a better defender, passer, and shooter (defending and passing is our clear focus right now while shooting is something we need).  Last I like the trade package for lance and from charlotte better.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:35:46 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
  Bradley and Sully aren't prospects anymore, and by no means do you move Sully on a rookie contract for a overrated restricted Jackson.  Charlotte isn't moving Vonleh either just to move Lances contract. I would move Bradley and a late first for Vonleh and a filler(not sure Charlotte would) in a heartbeat. Then move KO and Cleveland pick for Harrison Barnes in the offseason.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 02:57:11 PM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3

Eric Bledsoe at one point could have been considered an over hyped non starter.  Also with this trade there is absolutely nothing to worry about in receiving Vonleh.  Trading Bass for Vonleh would be a good move for us.  Risk nothing to get a top ten pick as a rookie.

Just to throw it out there i'd take lance over reggie.  I wouldnt want to deal with the pay day jackson may want, while stephenson is signed to a reasonable contract.  I dont think volatility would be huge because 1. it would be his team and 2. i feel like he would fit in great with the group we have.  A bunch of players who really want to win.  Also not only is lance proven, but I think regardless he's the better player and also the better fit on our team.  Lance is a better defender, passer, and shooter (defending and passing is our clear focus right now while shooting is something we need).  Last I like the trade package for lance and from charlotte better.

Bledsoe shot at a much better percentage, and could play D. Jackson did average 19 a game, and that's what got everyone excited, but he was playing 38 minutes a game. When Westbrook got back he still played 28 min a game, but his shooting still suffered and his average dropped to 13. Now Okc is playing him even less and starting to play better, that should tell you something.

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 03:11:55 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
FA or RFA I would build around

1. Leonard
2. Butler
3. Jordan
4. Green

Pass on all others..

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 03:38:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
They want to trade lance... lance and vonleh for bradley and bass...
they want to trade jackson... jackson lamb and perkins and a pick.. for thorton turner and sully
hornetts and thunder get better now...
we lose 2 prospects... sully and bradley.. but get 3... jackson lamb vonleh.. gamble with lance.. and the pick

Hmm.  While I'd love to get Vonleh, I have no interest in Reggie Jackson or Stephenson, because neither one of them fit here, imo.  I'm also not sure about trading Sully (yet), but if we're doing a deal with Charlotte, and I've said this before, the only other guys who I'm interested in are PJ Hairston and Biyombo, but especially Hairston.  I don't think that Bradley is enough to get any of them, though.  Sigh.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 03:44:04 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

1. Leonard
2. Butler
3. Jordan
4. Green

Pass on all others..

Number 4 is Draymond Green, right (I know that it's not Jeff Green, lol ;D)?  Even if it is, none of those guys are cornerstones/franchise players, imo.  Don't get me wrong, they're very good players, but not on the level of Pierce when he was the only one here, or Paul George, etc.  That's the kind of player that we desperately need to find.  Hopefully we'll get a good pi...oh never mind, lol. ;D

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 04:17:17 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

1. Leonard
2. Butler
3. Jordan
4. Green

Pass on all others..

Number 4 is Draymond Green, right (I know that it's not Jeff Green, lol ;D)?  Even if it is, none of those guys are cornerstones/franchise players, imo.  Don't get me wrong, they're very good players, but not on the level of Pierce when he was the only one here, or Paul George, etc.  That's the kind of player that we desperately need to find.  Hopefully we'll get a good pi...oh never mind, lol. ;D

So Leonard (finals MVP) and Butler are not cornerstones, but you wanted to build around Rondo and called him the best PG in the nba. Kindly elaborate.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 05:09:20 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Trade 1 - No. Don't want Lance.  No one else in the NBA does either. Subtraction by addition. Thus I'm trading AB and Bass and taking on a negative and toxic asset for for Vonleh.  I liked Vonleh, but he was raw coming into the draft and he lost a year due to the hernia and loss of preseason.  And I really don't like Lance.

Trade 2 - No, Getting a first from OKC say in 2018 since they look to be rolling over the pick they owe to Denver to 2016 and then cannot convey a 2017 pick to us (top 18 protected this year so they not only have to get past PHX (31% according to Hollinger odds) but ahead of one of Cleve, CHI, or DAL to convey the pick in 2015 = don't see it). So we'll get a late 2018 (vs a 2017) pick and Jackson, who is a rental and long-term backup, for Sullinger.  No thanks. If it was a pick this year, I might feel different since it would be current and a mid-rounder.