Author Topic: Pau Gasol is an all-star starter but Joakim Noah is not even on the team?!?!?!?!  (Read 3186 times)

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I try REALLY hard not to care about how gets picked for the all-star game, but come on!

Is being picked for an all-star game in any way based on how you actually play basketball?
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Noah hasn't been great this year.

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
In what way? He's a slightly worse rebounder and his scoring and assists are down a bit because Rose runs the offense more.

Is he worse defensively? I don't think so. In the Bulls games I've seen he still locks down the paint and does everything on D. He's still the only big on Chicago that can actually set screens and move the defense and actually give Rose and Butler opportunities to do what they do best.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Gasol deserves an All Star spot much more than Noah this season.

The real robberies were Cousins and Lillard. I have no problem with Noah not making it this year.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
He's having a down year in comparison to his past couple of seasons.  His play has also been more erratic.  He's been battling some injuries too.  Already missed like 10-11 games.

Looking at who did make it as reserves, I can't say I could argue Noah over any of them.  Millsap, Bosh, & Horford are all having very good years.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Down year, playing out of position at PF because of Gasol, and he's banged up.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Noah hasn't been great this year.
He's also been injured a lot. He's killing my fantasy team :P

Gasol, on the other hand, has been outstanding.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
Whenever I watch the Bulls, Noah is actually playing defense, and setting screens that give opportunities to Rose and Butler, and Gasol is just getting in the way on offense and forcing it to go through him despite the fact that two of his teammates are better offensive weapons than him. And obviously he plays zero defense ever.
I'm forum!

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Gasol is far more deserving this season.

If you are getting outraged about this, you might want to learn to chill. You might be too easily outraged about reasonable things.

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Whenever I watch the Bulls, Noah is actually playing defense, and setting screens that give opportunities to Rose and Butler, and Gasol is just getting in the way on offense and forcing it to go through him despite the fact that two of his teammates are better offensive weapons than him. And obviously he plays zero defense ever.

You do realize Pau is 3rd in league in blocked shots?  He's easily been the best big in the East.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Quoted and highlighted for the hilarity factor. Gasol is quite possibly the most efficient scorer of that team.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
Quoted and highlighted for the hilarity factor. Gasol is quite possibly the most efficient scorer of that team.
Jimmy Butler has more assists, fewer turnovers and a better TS% at a 3% lower USG%. How is Gasol more efficient?

Objectively I can't say that Rose is more efficient, becuase statistically he isn't. But I think he's a better weapon and his efficiency is worse because he is the "bail-out shot" guy on the Bulls.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:25:45 PM by littleteapot »
I'm forum!

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
You do realize Pau is 3rd in league in blocked shots?  He's easily been the best big in the East.
I think blocks is a poor way to measure defensive ability. If there was a stat for the number of times you cut off a driving lane and prevented a team from getting into the paint that would be fantastic. But we don't have that, so I have to use my eyes and see that Pau NEVER does that.

I think he gets blocks because guys just unabashedly try to score on him and it works 95% of the time, but occasionally he gets his hands on a ball.
I'm forum!

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Jimmy Butler has more assists, fewer turnovers and a better TS% at a 3% lower USG%. How is Gasol more efficient?

Objectively I can't say that Rose is more efficient, becuase statistically he isn't. But I think he's a better weapon and his efficiency is worse because he is the "bail-out shot" guy on the Bulls.
I said possibly. He's at least comparable to Butler and decidedly better than Rose and his 41% from the field. To paint him as some sort of third option with inflated ego is entirely inaccurate and unfair.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Noah hasn't looked the same this year, and yes, that includes his defense.

The Bulls are a middle-of-the-pack defensive squad this year.  For a guy with Noah's numbers to make the All-Star game, he needs to be dominating defensively.  He hasn't been.

I'm sure Noah prefers the rest, anyway.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes