Author Topic: Is Bradley really an elite shooter?  (Read 6178 times)

Re: Is Bradley really an elite shooter?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 09:47:17 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I never said that Bradley is an elite shooter. I said in the past month he is performing like an elite shooter.
Stop with the meaningless stats.

If he was a rookie or a second year player, I could see how a good month would mean something. It would show some potential and then I would be interested. Bradley on the other hand has to show it every night. The other night I saw him badly brick 5 straight threes. Not one of them was on line with the basket. He's not a natural shooter, and for that reason, I think his shot will continue to come and go.

Is it only meaningless, if it contradicts you views? Kevin just praised Bradley for a prodctive shooting month and thinks that he can develop further as a shooter. He's 24 and I don't think it's out of the question that he could get better. Besides I've seen Ray Allen and Steph Curry miss badly on shots time and time again. I'm not saying that Bradley will be them (he won't) but I do believe he could be a good shooter and has a decent body of work.
You just used Ray Allen to compare Bradley to?  ::)

The difference is, it always looked like Ray was going to hit his next shot. Can't say the same for Bradley.

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 09:56:36 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I never said that Bradley is an elite shooter. I said in the past month he is performing like an elite shooter.

If he was a rookie or a second year player, I could see how a good month would mean something. It would show some potential and then I would be interested. Bradley on the other hand has to show it every night. The other night I saw him badly brick 5 straight threes. Not one of them was on line with the basket. He's not a natural shooter, and for that reason, I think his shot will continue to come and go.

Is it only meaningless, if it contradicts you views? Kevin just praised Bradley for a prodctive shooting month and thinks that he can develop further as a shooter. He's 24 and I don't think it's out of the question that he could get better. Besides I've seen Ray Allen and Steph Curry miss badly on shots time and time again. I'm not saying that Bradley will be them (he won't) but I do believe he could be a good shooter and has a decent body of work.

The difference is, it always looked like Ray was going to hit his next shot. Can't say the same for Bradley.

I'm just saying that even great shooters miss badly at times. I've told you that Bradley is not Ray but he can be an above average shooter.

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 10:07:06 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I'm just saying that even great shooters miss badly at times. I've told you that Bradley is not Ray but he can be an above average shooter.
It's just a bad comparison. Great shooters do not have as many off nights as Bradley.

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 10:14:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Nope

He wants to be

He just is not reliable enough

By a long shot ,....no pun  ;D

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 10:24:30 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

It's just a bad comparison. Great shooters do not have as many off nights as Bradley.

I'm replying to the fact you've said that Bradley badly misses shots. I feel that Bradley can be a very good shooter he's streaky and needs to improve his shot slection but Bradley does have potential.

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 10:30:46 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I'm replying to the fact you've said that Bradley badly misses shots. I feel that Bradley can be a very good shooter he's streaky and needs to improve his shot slection but Bradley does have potential.
Bradley is on a terrible team and he is only averaging 13 a game. Think about that. He is one of the primary options on this terrible team and he's blowing his chance to shine. He just doesn't have it. And It has nothing to do with shot selection like you think. If he took less shots, then he would be averaging 9 a game and out of the league.

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 10:39:40 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He hit one shot to close up the game tonight but missed another when it mattered.   I don't think he is a great shooter, I also don't think he is a great scorer.   I think his stat lines bear this out in both cases.