Author Topic: mchale,bird and parrish  (Read 3449 times)

mchale,bird and parrish
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:44:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i'll never forget when they first hit the floor.Did they look odd,mchale ran funny,bird looked funny and parrish looked like one flew out of cuckoo's nest.Red had that genius of putting overlooked mismatched parts together .I think danny ainge may have that in him,He pulled it off once, and then a second time accumulating all the picks.His recent acquistions of zeller ,turner have managed to have the team competitive while losing and amassing draft picks,tpe's and cap space and his drafting sullinger at 21 and moving up to get kelly.So now he have a 7ft t rex and a sumo wrestler ,a wrecking ball in marcus and a point guard  who runs out of gas on freeway in his ferrari..Danny even got draft picks for doc and his son.Now the fun begins 2nd half season,trade deadline and all star break where these players can actually practise but who will be there

Re: mchale,bird and parrish
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:37:23 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
smart will be just fine... i like him... olynyc will learn to play the 4... young has the tools to play defence so i believe next year he will be there...sullinger bradley turner can all be traded

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:51:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Evan turner caught on camera and u tubed putting gas in his ferrari in middle of freeway with a babe in front seat,now that isn't SMART.Hope turner got smart and bought a 4-4 and AAA,,know wonder he gets caught in traffic.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 08:42:10 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
BEST.FRONTCOURT.EVER
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 09:23:15 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Don't think this should be moved,the title was just woven into celtics present and ainge's ability to reproduce a collection of players not necessarily prototype figures

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
McHale and Bird and Parrish should never be compared to the likes of KO or JS ever, period.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 03:31:09 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
McHale and Bird and Parrish should never be compared to the likes of KO or JS ever, period.

While I obviously agree with this sentiment, both you and Rollie Fingers over there (sarcasm) are missing the main problem with this thread.  I realize that this is probably being a bit picky, but since we're Celtics fans, and this is CelticsBlog, could we please spell Robert PARISH'S last name correctly, lol? ;D  That is all.  Carry on wayward sons, lol. ;) ::) ;D

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 05:04:51 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
oscar wilde ,didn't he say sarcasm lowest form of wit,I like jack nicholson's quote sarcasm is angers ugly cousin.I think the point of post was overlooked  that red had a genius for going after odd pieces and putting them together and hopefully danny does also.Never won a trophy for spelling but got enough of them playing ball.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 06:18:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
oscar wilde ,didn't he say sarcasm lowest form of wit,I like jack nicholson's quote sarcasm is angers ugly cousin.I think the point of post was overlooked  that red had a genius for going after odd pieces and putting them together and hopefully danny does also.Never won a trophy for spelling but got enough of them playing ball.

Really?  You're going to cite a remark made by the biggest Lakers fan of all time to make a point on CelticsBlog, lol? ::) ;D  Now that's pretty funny. ;D  I wasn't trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, you know.  I just thought that the whole thing was kind of odd. 

As for the central issue of this thread, imo, Danny doesn't have a sliver of the genius that Red had, nor is he loyal to his players, but I think it's also important to point out that it was Bill Fitch, and not Auerbach, who was the architect of that incredible trade for Parish and McHale. 

I never won a spelling bee, either, btw.  I am, however, beyond devastated to learn that I will never meet Oscar Wilde's lofty standards (sarcasm), lol. ::) ;D