Author Topic: smart did look good  (Read 8054 times)

Re: smart did look good
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 11:30:17 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
He sure loves to shoot 3s.  ::)

And play elite defense on James Harden.

True, but he could be one of the worst scorers in the game today. I mean all he knows how to do is shoot threes and that skill is barely acceptable. If the team truly is using this year as a learning curve to extend his range, then great, but I would like to see a solid drive and dunk once every couple of games or so.

Harden one of the worst scorers in the NBA today?! Really?! He's gone to the line at insane rate while hitting 45 percent from the field, 38 percent from three and is leading the NBA in scoring is one of the worst scorers?! Either you're trying to downplay Marcus Smart's defense or you really are underrating Harden.

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 11:35:43 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
And that's not even going into his rebounds and assists. Harden is playing at an MVP level this year.

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 11:38:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
hey!!! if you guys insist on using facts and stats and data, you're going to make it no fun to post on cb!

;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 11:45:05 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

True, but he could be one of the worst scorers in the game today. I mean all he knows how to do is shoot threes and that skill is barely acceptable. If the team truly is using this year as a learning curve to extend his range, then great, but I would like to see a solid drive and dunk once every couple of games or so.

Harden one of the worst scorers in the NBA today?! Really?! He's gone to the line at insane rate while hitting 45 percent from the field, 38 percent from three and is leading the NBA in scoring is one of the worst scorers?! Either you're trying to downplay Marcus Smart's defense or you really are underrating Harden.

i think you misread his post.  he was saying Marcus is one of the worst scorers in the game today
Greg

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 11:53:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

i think you misread his post.  he was saying Marcus is one of the worst scorers in the game today

Even then Smart is a rookie. He's learning how to adjust to the NBA. To expect him to be a scorer is unrealistic.

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 12:17:54 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
He did look good yet again, mostly on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm convinced, I really believe that at worst, we'll have the Tony Allen of PG's, at worst. At best, oh, I may have to wipe my floor, there's drool all over it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace