Author Topic: smart did look good  (Read 8053 times)

Re: smart did look good
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 05:22:44 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm seeing point guard skills developing as he gets comfortable on the NBA floor. He makes the right pass, and the flashy pass at times, he see's the open man pretty well. He's developing his three point shot, he definitely needs to get into the paint to allow defenses to react so he can create for others, or drive to the hole.

He needs to drive hard into the paint...mistakes be damed.

We're an understanding group, right?

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
im happy hes developed his 3 pointer, his defense is through the roof and I love it, hes passing the ball well.

I know this all takes time, I know I need to be patient...

I still get real disappointed when I look at the box score and see all 12 points came off of three pointers.  I reeeeealllly wanna see him start to attack the basket
Greg

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 05:52:21 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I think yurner has done a great job taking pressure off marcus,let marcus work on his shot and the game is starting to slow down and marcus can fall back on d.Anyway we got sumo sully going to the hoop,he worked on his outside shot and now he is 300 lbs coming at you,he could have squashed wigginsyyesterday but it's not the playoffs,phttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwmyMWWq1cEetrovic threw an elbow that zeller felt and marcus ran into him,the  guy didn;t budge.Alot tougher than demarcus.

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 05:54:25 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I think turner has done a great job taking pressure off marcus,let marcus work on his shot and the game is starting to slow down and marcus can fall back on d.Anyway we got sumo sully going to the hoop,he worked on his outside shot and now he is 300 lbs coming at you,he could have squashed wigginsyyesterday but it's not the playoffs,petrovic threw an elbow that zeller felt and marcus ran into him,the  guy didn;t budge.Alot tougher than demarcus.

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 10:34:50 PM »

Offline ViolentGhandi

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Markus is allready the best passer omn the team - he makes hardly ever turnovers. What he seems to lack on ability to penetrate at will he makes up with great patience and precision passing the ball to his team mates. He gets to a spot with the ball and waits for the pass target to get to a spot he can play to his stenght. He is a great help for Zeller because unlike Turners passes his are with great timing and in a way delivered he can catch them. He proofes good curt vision finding open team mates in the corners. Just look what he does against GS.

If you check his 3P shooting since he came back from his injury you will see that it is around 40%. Last time I checked he was among the 20 best from 3. He was asked about it and said that he worked on his shot selection. If he can keep that up he allready is one of our top players not even thru his first season.

He just doesnt do many misstakes atm, that is what is so great about him. Stady improofment opposed to up and downs is what a trainer wants I believe. It shows that he easily picks up new things and isnt even close to his potential. He can concentrate on improofing instead of workin on making less misstakes as he allready does play solid. Most rookies try to figure out ways to stay close to a certain level of output every night without to much up and down. Smart can do that allready by doing all the things he does atm snd his team knows that. Even if he doesnt score a lot he allways has impact to the game. And unlike some of the other guys he manages without helping opponents to extra possessions and thats a real faktor at 4th quaters of close games. He comunicates well on the court giving directions on D and when setting up plays. That shows that he can become a good leader. Beeing able to keep executing during times when the game gets slower (at the end of games) should help the team maintaining leads or keeping opponents runs short.

Imo he will become a very good player in this league. No doubt about that. And yes, I'm a guy who said early on that Smart fist has to proof to me what he can do/become before I prematurly call him our future. He still has to proof a lot to me, but I see that he has great potential as a player. He seems to be able to be very focused over longer periods of time (see his shot selection, passing and D). I havent really seen him having a bad game yet - he never leaves that impression. Thats a lot of grown man skills he allready shows. If he can maintain that and make a name out of that his team mates will follow his lead and other players will become intrested in playing with him.

There is allways the offchance that nothing like this might come to pass but I like our chances with him. Even i f he doesnt improof so imensly he will allways be the type of player that brings things into play that make him a valueble part of a team. We could be far worse off..... far far worse.

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 09:31:06 AM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
He is the anti rondo to me. He makes things look effortless.  He plays within the flow of the offense.  Rondo was a control freak in ways and the offense had to start with him.  I'd like to see Smart being more aggressive but I like that he's just trying to fit in and do his job.  I think Smart is going to be a more complete player than Rondo was.  Totally different mindsets.

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 09:35:01 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Marcus is right where he should be, he is a terror on defense and his shooting is a lot better than I thought.  He is athletic and we will eventually see it, he has the dreaded high ankle sprain and a sore Achilles.  By the end of the year he will be getting to the free throw line and finishing around the rim.  I think Marcus is going to be one of those guys that makes a huge jump in his second season.  He will be the next C's captain in the near future....

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 08:50:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
At the half of this Rockets game Marcus Smart is the 15th most impactful player tonight. Virtually every player that has touched the court tonight has had a bigger impact on the game than him. I wish I could say this isn't very common.

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 10:18:23 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
At the half of this Rockets game Marcus Smart is the 15th most impactful player tonight. Virtually every player that has touched the court tonight has had a bigger impact on the game than him. I wish I could say this isn't very common.

Harden would certainly beg to differ.

I guess it's a coincidence that Smart is always in the game when this team challenges in the fourth quarter.

I guess time will tell.

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 10:21:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Smart played good tonight for a 20 year old rookie .

Have to wait ...it maybe couple years for him to fully develop his game .

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 10:22:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Harden would certainly beg to differ.

I guess it's a coincidence that Smart is always in the game when this team challenges in the fourth quarter.

I guess time will tell.
I wrote "at the half". He certainly didn't finish that way.

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
He sure loves to shoot 3s.  ::)

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 10:29:34 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

And play elite defense on James Harden.

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 10:37:13 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

True, but he could be one of the worst scorers in the game today. I mean all he knows how to do is shoot threes and that skill is barely acceptable. If the team truly is using this year as a learning curve to extend his range, then great, but I would like to see a solid drive and dunk once every couple of games or so.

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 11:05:49 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

True, but he could be one of the worst scorers in the game today. I mean all he knows how to do is shoot threes and that skill is barely acceptable. If the team truly is using this year as a learning curve to extend his range, then great, but I would like to see a solid drive and dunk once every couple of games or so.

He hasn't quite learned when he has an opening yet. Guys close in a lot faster, and now he thinks about it too much. But he has started to go a little more. What would help is working on the ball handling a bit more, tighten that skill up. And having a couple guys that teams had to respect to open up the paint would help to. I think Turner and Thorton are the only guys that actually get to the paint off the dribble, and they have a bit more experience than Smart.

What's funny is people were crappy on him because he couldn't shoot threes. Now that he's hitting it well, people are made he doesn't drive it to the hoop.