Author Topic: smart did look good  (Read 8036 times)

smart did look good
« on: January 29, 2015, 10:54:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
watch those round the back passes marcus but he made up for it forcing a backcourt,a gold star for that.Have to be carefull with young now, don't want break his spirit.Those long arms of prince allow him to be very patient with his moves.I find him facinating to watch,his timing and letting things develope had me going back to watch him when he was young.No wonder brad likes him.

Re: smart did look good
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 11:02:19 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
I only caught the second half last night but thought Smart looked good at both ends of the floor.  Love the confidence he's already playing with. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 11:30:37 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
didn't zack levine get to the hoop,hate to have wiggins on our team. He's gone to la,miami,new york when free agent -maybe even boston.Who knows maybe he likes snow.

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 11:34:17 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm very impressed in the way he shot the 3 ball. I was very upset beginning of the season when he jacked so many air balls. As the season went on, I definitely see an improvement for him, and come to think of it, it's pretty amazing for a rookie to make an improvement that quickly. His D never seize to amaze me. I just hope as his ankle gets better, we'll see more drives. There were a couple of drives not just yesterday where he had the open lane only to get blocked. In my opinion, that is ok, I want to see that. With time, he will do better on those drives.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 12:08:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
All you have to do is compare him to AB first couple years on the court .....wow he was slammed by the blog ....trade him every day on threads.   Total Bust ...till be broke out with his lock down D.

Smart is way ahead of the curve .   By 2017 he should be top five guard in the east conference .

Some guards have certain one thing they excell at.   And get by with everything else.
Smart does most stuff good and is improving rapidly at most all aspects of the game.

The best part of his game is the intangible or mental part , all the little details he does to effect a game .

I don't see many players  other than CP3 that have as much overall  involvement .   Able to,grasp the entire floor game . 

He will be a good one .    He is wired right .

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
didn't zack levine get to the hoop,hate to have wiggins on our team. He's gone to la,miami,new york when free agent -maybe even boston.Who knows maybe he likes snow.
Well he is from Canada, so maybe he does have a fondness for snow!  ;D

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 12:32:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Well he is from Canada, so maybe he does have a fondness for snow!  ;D

Snow ?

What's that?

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 12:54:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
hate to have wiggins on our team. He's gone to la,miami,new york when free agent -maybe even boston.

My money will be on TOR

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 01:04:02 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
What I liked last night is that basically when Smart covered someone they did not score. He can guard nearly 4 positions. Even on switches against power forwards he is to big and strong to back down. Once he starts posting up guards down on the block on offense he will be a terror. It will open the floor for shooters and any standard 6'2" 190lbs PG will get abused and scored on. As a side note, Can we get Pekovic? I think there is no way they deal Dieng but I think you could get Pekovic. He may not be a rim protector but he is a beast down low and completely immovable off his position. Plus he is a clone of the dude who played "Jaws" in the Bond movies or the guy who played "Non" in Superman 2. (Yup, they were different dudes)

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 01:09:33 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
hate to have wiggins on our team. He's gone to la,miami,new york when free agent -maybe even boston.

My money will be on TOR

Please don't delete the name of the person you're quoting. I like to see who it is that said what.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 01:39:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

My money will be on TOR

Yep, same could probably be said for Olynyk, too.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 02:03:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think he's getting comfortable on the floor now. That's good for him. He needs that OK. State confidence back. Slowly but surely he's developing very well. The defensive tenacity is already fantastic. An offseason to work on his shooting will help him tremendously.

There was a thread about trading Payton for him. I think I'm starting to regret saying that I'd trade him for Elfrid. His potential just looks better.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 03:45:55 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
It will be interesting to see if he gets any time marking Harden tomorrow night. He's playing very good 1-on-1 defense, but he's having a pretty lousy time against pnr action (he's not alone, of course. It takes two, and the celtics don't have any bigs who can defend it either).

Smart's shooting has been amazing lately. I really hope it's the beginning of something sustainable and not just a hot streak.

He hasn't managed to attack opponents at all, but I agree that all in all, he's ahead of the curve for sure. Hopefully soon he'll start putting a defender on his heels from time to time

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 03:54:36 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
It will be interesting to see if he gets any time marking Harden tomorrow night. He's playing very good 1-on-1 defense, but he's having a pretty lousy time against pnr action (he's not alone, of course. It takes two, and the celtics don't have any bigs who can defend it either).

Smart's shooting has been amazing lately. I really hope it's the beginning of something sustainable and not just a hot streak.

He hasn't managed to attack opponents at all, but I agree that all in all, he's ahead of the curve for sure. Hopefully soon he'll start putting a defender on his heels from time to time

in my opinion, that's the only way to learn, it's to go against the best of the best. I was disappointed the last meeting, Smart didn't match up against Harden.

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 04:55:49 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I still don't think he attacks the basket nearly enough. Nice to see the three ball falling. Hopefully he keeps it up

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14