Author Topic: Rumor Reggie jackson almost traded to denver?  (Read 11999 times)

Re: Rumor Reggie jackson almost traded to denver?
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
really don't like the idea of pushing Smart over to the 2. 
he's got such a knack for impacting plays, I want him orchestrating my offense-- especially down the stretch of games. 

for that reason alone I pass on Reggie Jackson.  rather save our chips for someone with less overlap. 

Re: Rumor Reggie jackson almost traded to denver?
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2015, 07:44:30 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
From our perspective, Jackson does seem to be good fit for this roster on paper, and it would be nice to see him in action for half a season before committing to a massive extension.

I think his 29% career 3-point percentage makes him a bad fit for what Stevens seems to want to do with this roster.  Plus, OKC seems to think that Dion Waiters is less of a defensive liability.

Fair point, ya I didn't realize he was that cold for his career, just always thought he could develop into a great shooter. Last year in the playoffs he shot .396 from 3(admittedly after a lackluster .339 in the regular season) and at BC his Junior season he knocked down .410 from 3(although not exactly in a power conference).

He's also close to automatic from the free throw line at times for what it's worth, and has never shot below 84%. Just seems like the type of player that you could get more out of in a different situation.

Explain how the ACC is not a power conference, and Im not a BC apologist at all, I just really love college basketball.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby