Author Topic: I wish.....  (Read 4778 times)

Re: I wish.....
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 10:43:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
A bag of basketballs has more skill than Pressey, which is precisely why the Mavs didn't want him. This point is kinda moot.

But he had a +3 PER tonight, JKm surprisingly it was the best PER among our guards.

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 10:49:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why? Dallas is only playing him because they don't have anyone else close to 7 ft who can walk and chew gum.. and the only think he's provided consistently so far are fouls.

would we argue that is more of a skill than pressey currently has?  I am kind of amazed we don't have Bynum instead of pressey. Pressey really just doesn't seem to have the upside to be a backup
A bag of basketballs has more skill than Pressey, which is precisely why the Mavs didn't want him. This point is kinda moot.
much as i love his underdog-makes-the-nba story, he simply doesnt have the skills to be anything more than 3rd string pg on a bad team. which, not coincidently, he is.  ;D

but then again, he cost nothing to obtain and is paid nba-peanuts. at least he gives me the fun of cheering he turns out to be better than he is. during a rebuild anything positive is good news.
Yeah, that's my sentiment, too. I didn't particularly enjoy giving away Powell, but I don't think a guy who was good enough to knock Brandon Bass out of our rotation is worth getting bent over.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 11:12:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Why? Dallas is only playing him because they don't have anyone else close to 7 ft who can walk and chew gum.. and the only think he's provided consistently so far are fouls.

would we argue that is more of a skill than pressey currently has?  I am kind of amazed we don't have Bynum instead of pressey. Pressey really just doesn't seem to have the upside to be a backup
much as i love his underdog-makes-the-nba story, he simply doesnt have the skills to be anything more than 3rd string pg on a bad team. which, not coincidently, he is.  ;D

but then again, he cost nothing to obtain and is paid nba-peanuts. at least he gives me the fun of cheering he turns out to be better than he is. during a rebuild anything positive is good news.
Yeah, that's my sentiment, too. I didn't particularly enjoy giving away Powell, but I don't think a guy who was good enough to knock Brandon Bass out of our rotation is worth getting bent over.
agreed on powell. i am not losing sleep over him, but someone to cheer for.

but then again, given the number of second round picks ainge has accumulated, we should have a boatload of no-talent guys to cheer on and hope for over the next few years. i can see the cb hype-threads already.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 12:45:28 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I wish the commercials the celtics show on EVERY time out would disappear.
If I see that cute girl come down the stairs one more time...

or

the kid and his father with all the cereal.

Rotate the blasted things.