Author Topic: I wish.....  (Read 4779 times)

I wish.....
« on: January 28, 2015, 05:59:03 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
... we'd throw Pressey into the Rondo deal instead of Powell. I felt it at the time, now doubly so.  I wonder whether Ainge tried to, but was turned down based on their roster needs.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: I wish.....
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 06:06:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why? Dallas is only playing him because they don't have anyone else close to 7 ft who can walk and chew gum.. and the only think he's provided consistently so far are fouls.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 06:13:23 PM »

Offline wehadvinbaker

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 3
Why? Dallas is only playing him because they don't have anyone else close to 7 ft who can walk and chew gum.. and the only think he's provided consistently so far are fouls.

would we argue that is more of a skill than pressey currently has?  I am kind of amazed we don't have Bynum instead of pressey. Pressey really just doesn't seem to have the upside to be a backup

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
. . . we had Vin Baker. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Letting Powell slip through our fingers set the franchise back 20 years at least.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 06:35:02 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The Mavericks are trying to sign Jermaine O'Neal.

He will take Powell's minutes.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 09:28:01 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I'm not calling him Larry Johnson. I see Powell as a guy with the potential to be a 15-20 minute garbage man on a legit NBA team, and that eclipses Pressey's value in my eyes.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 09:29:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wish we had Kyrie Irving. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 09:36:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Yeah. Those Rondo-for-Irving notions just never.... quite... materialized.

You wish we had Boogie Cousins.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 09:46:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'd take both.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 09:50:59 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I'd take both.

Well you'd need some role guys on that squad. Coupla boards. Knock down a shot or two. Lil D. Gimme Powell over Pressey.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 09:55:51 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I wish D'Angelo Russell were still at 7, or 8 or 9, or 6...that he hadn't leapt to #2
on DraftExpress. 

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 10:13:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

would we argue that is more of a skill than pressey currently has?  I am kind of amazed we don't have Bynum instead of pressey. Pressey really just doesn't seem to have the upside to be a backup
A bag of basketballs has more skill than Pressey, which is precisely why the Mavs didn't want him. This point is kinda moot.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 10:41:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Letting Powell slip through our fingers set the franchise back 20 years at least.
longer. he could have been traded for 4-5 first round picks and a raising start....at least.

[dang] you ainge!  >:(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 10:43:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

A bag of basketballs has more skill than Pressey, which is precisely why the Mavs didn't want him. This point is kinda moot.
much as i love his underdog-makes-the-nba story, he simply doesnt have the skills to be anything more than 3rd string pg on a bad team. which, not coincidently, he is.  ;D

but then again, he cost nothing to obtain and is paid nba-peanuts. at least he gives me the fun of cheering he turns out to be better than he is. during a rebuild anything positive is good news.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva