Author Topic: the pick collector  (Read 1893 times)

the pick collector
« on: January 28, 2015, 01:18:25 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Trade sully to hawks for 2 firsts... 2015 and 2017... trade bradley to charlotte for stevenson and a pick... trade bass to rockets for terry snd 2 second rounders... use the trade exceptions...

Re: the pick collector
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 01:41:07 PM »

Offline Asher77

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20
I like collecting picks and no player on our team is above being traded ( Smart is as close as that gets ).

but.....I would not trade Sully unless we were getting a better player in return or a high lottery pick where the player Danny is targeting is assured to be available.

Sully may be our best chip atm in any package we put together and him plus a few future picks might fetch a nice return. To only get a couple late firsts would be a bad move even if it is equal value.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 01:47:06 PM »

Offline Asher77

• The Green Kornet
Say Towns is Danny's target and the center to build around we are missing. He is available with the 3rd pick but we drew the 9th. Sully may be good bait to help us move up on draft day. That's the type of deal I would search out.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 01:50:24 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Trade sully to hawks for 2 firsts... 2015 and 2017... trade bradley to charlotte for stevenson and a pick... trade bass to rockets for terry snd 2 second rounders... use the trade exceptions...

Unless they feel that absolutely can't resign Millsap, why would they trade 2 first round picks (one which is currently a lottery pick) for Sully (and I like Sully more than most).

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 01:58:21 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
That's Ainge's new And1 nickname!

Danny "The Pick Collector" Ainge!!

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Say Towns is Danny's target and the center to build around we are missing. He is available with the 3rd pick but we drew the 9th. Sully may be good bait to help us move up on draft day. That's the type of deal I would search out.

I'll take that deal, but I'm not sure the team with the #3 pick would.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 03:15:03 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
what about young and our first to move up . In this draft young might be top 10-

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 03:25:58 PM »

Offline Asher77

• The Green Kornet

I'll take that deal, but I'm not sure the team with the #3 pick would.

Mike

I think a team like Philly with Noel and Embiid might value Sully as a rotational 4 who can cover the 5 in some matchups. He would give them rebounding and a bit of floor spacing. Next season he would even provide some young veteran leadership on that squad. They can then target a wing player like Winslow at 9 or a true PG.

We sweeten the deal with a few picks, maybe give them next years Dallas first and their seconds back.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 07:40:37 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
That's Ainge's new And1 nickname!

Danny "The Pick Collector" Ainge!!
If he can get more picks this year with Bass Thormton and Prince. He will be Prince of Picks.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek