Author Topic: 2015 International prospects thread  (Read 4303 times)

2015 International prospects thread
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Since I hope Ainge uses as many of the picks as possible and it is impossible to incorporate them all as rookies...I am pulling for him to explore and exploit the Euro International route and stash them away and let them develop some over there.

With that in mind here are some names to look out for if Ainge does this...from Marc Spears Yahoo article in December 2014:

1. Kristaps Porzingis, PF, 7-1, 220 pounds, Spain Cajasol Sevilla, 19: "He is a top-three prospect. He's a Dirk Nowitzki-type but more athletic. He runs the floor, plays above the rim and is a face-up guy. He has a shot at being the No. 1 pick and is definitely in the top three."

2. Emmanuel Mudiay, PG, 6-5, 190 pounds, China Guangdong, 18: "He is a new generation point guard with size, athleticism and speed. … He's not a score-first guard."

3. Mario Hezonja, SG, 6-8, 200 pounds, Spain Barcelona, 19: "A swingman with really good size and strength already at a young age. Good shooter who attacks the rim. Smaller Danilo Gallinari-type who will be a better NBA player than overseas player."

4. Marc Garcia, SF, 6-6, 170 pounds, Spain La Bruixa d'Or, 18: "A decent shooter who can hit a 3-point shot. He is slippery going to the rim and gets to the basket easily. Very young."

5. Egemen Guven, PF-C, 6-11, 220 pounds, Turkey Pinar Karsiyaka, 18: "He has long arms and a nice skilled game at center with a little Pau Gasol in him. He's under control. Makes the right play. A solid midrange shooter."

6. Willy Hernangomez, C, 6-11, 250 pounds, Spain Cajasol Sevilla, 20: "His game and his body reminds me of Marc Gasol. He was recently named the Eurocup Player of the Week."

7. Ilimane Diop, C, 6-11, 215 pounds, Spain Caja Laboral, 19: "A big-time sleeper who is a great shot-blocker and rebounder. He is very athletic and runs the floor well. Lots of upside."

8. Cedi Osman, SF, 6-8, 215 pounds, Anadolu Efes Istanbul, 19: "A big-time point forward who can catch and shoot. He runs the floor well. Tough rebounder."

9. Mouhammadou Jaiteh, C, 6-9, 249 pounds, France Nanterre, 20: "A bully of a presence and a tough rebounder. Does everything under the basket."

10. Nenad Miljenovic, PG, 6-4, 200 pounds, Serbia Mega Leks, 21: "Tough, competitive guard with good ball-handling skills. Knows how to run a team. Very mature player."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2015-nba-draft-s-top-10-international-prospects-002940858.html

If there any others, please share...and if you know anything about the gents listed above, please divulge.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:17:09 PM by The One »

Re: 2015 European prospects thread
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I just love that you included Mudiay in your "European prospects" list.

Born in Africa, raised in America, playing in China. 

Also, is Mam Jaiteh really still draft eligible?  It seems like he's been on draft boards for like 3 or 4 years now. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: 2015 International prospects thread
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 11:25:48 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
I just love that you included Mudiay in your "European prospects" list.

Born in Africa, raised in America, playing in China. 

Also, is Mam Jaiteh really still draft eligible?  It seems like he's been on draft boards for like 3 or 4 years now.

LOL...I'll edit the title!!

Thanks!!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
We have 5 picks 2 first rounders and 3 second... i do not like any of these guys...only vezenkov has some value.. trade up... 2 good first rounders ( johnson and johnson?) and a good second? Are enough

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
you really like porzingis haven't the celts had  enough beanpoles,he doesn't have the frame or shoulders.Ihave watched european clips and draft express-hope somebody else gets him--

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 11:45:43 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
I agree that Porzingis is not ready right now...but while the Celtics are not contending anyways, he's a good get.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
6. Willy Hernangomez, C, 6-11, 250 pounds, Spain Cajasol Sevilla, 20: "His game and his body reminds me of Marc Gasol. He was recently named the Eurocup Player of the Week."

This guy is very good, a nice option for the Philly's second round pick.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 11:57:26 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell

This guy is very good, a nice option for the Philly's second round pick.

Thanks...TP for that!

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
We should be so lucky to get Porzingis, who is the second best prospect following Okafor, who is a stud.

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 12:00:32 PM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I've watched Aleksandar Vezenkov and Osman and I like both a lot as draft and stash 2nd rounders.

Vezenkov is a lot like Mirotic - SF/PF, shooting touch, loves the big moment. Body still needs work. Best player on his team.

Osman really is a PG. Good vision, can handle the ball well. His shooting touch used to be missing, but he is shooting better this year.

I hope we get Wiz 2nd rounder and draft either of those.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 12:13:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
you really like porzingis haven't the celts had  enough beanpoles,he doesn't have the frame or shoulders.Ihave watched european clips and draft express-hope somebody else gets him--
like sully?  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 12:49:54 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
I've watched Aleksandar Vezenkov and Osman and I like both a lot as draft and stash 2nd rounders.

Vezenkov is a lot like Mirotic - SF/PF, shooting touch, loves the big moment. Body still needs work. Best player on his team.

Osman really is a PG. Good vision, can handle the ball well. His shooting touch used to be missing, but he is shooting better this year.

I hope we get Wiz 2nd rounder and draft either of those.

Thanks...TP for you!

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
To the OP -- while you put the link at bottom, I really think you should have said you just copied and pasted Marc Spears' article from December as your post.  A little attribution goes a long way.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 01:17:39 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
To the OP -- while you put the link at bottom, I really think you should have said you just copied and pasted Marc Spears' article from December as your post.  A little attribution goes a long way.

Understood...fixed it...thanks!

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
how many years would you leave this porzingis in europe,sully would squash him ,marcus would do a rocky on him,demaucus cousins a body slam.Wright was a pogo stick but couldn't keep anybody from backing in or rebound--i mean i like busts but on women---