Author Topic: Dallas forums now looking Like Boston Forums  (Read 20020 times)

Re: Dallas forums now looking Like Boston Forums
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 11:55:18 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
And seriously we're STILL talking about Rondo? When it's all said and done Rondo will be the most divisive Celtic ever.

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 11:56:19 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Dirk's defense is a liability.  He can't defend anyone.

Could he ever really guard anyone?  This is a serious question, btw.  I never understood why teams didn't attack him more, especially if they had a great post player like KG, Sheed, C-Webb, Pau and Bynum, etc.  It's not like Dirk was ever going to block their shot, lol. ;D

Yep, he was never good.   Average defense at his peak.   Could hide him on defense with Chandler and Marion,  but not any more.   Too slow, weak for playoff basketball.

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 11:59:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
And seriously we're STILL talking about Rondo? When it's all said and done Rondo will be the most divisive Celtic ever.
well, rondo is giving antoine a run for his money, that's for sure.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2015, 12:00:38 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Okay, so I did say this shortly after the trade went down, but I'll ask again - by the end of the season, which ex-Celtic will have performed better in Dallas: Rondo or Antoine?

I totally forgot Toine was on the Mavs
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2015, 12:36:45 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Okay, so I did say this shortly after the trade went down, but I'll ask again - by the end of the season, which ex-Celtic will have performed better in Dallas: Rondo or Antoine?

Really?  You forgot the transaction that netted us the great Raef Lafrentz (sarcasm), lol? ;D

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2015, 08:59:58 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Really?  You forgot the transaction that netted us the great Raef Lafrentz (sarcasm), lol? ;D

Forgot... repressed... tomato toh-mah-toe
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2015, 09:07:26 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

When healthy, Raef was a much better player than Toine.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2015, 08:55:41 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Great post, tommy point to the original poster.

If you search the internet, there are several more threads like this one - that go back several years.

It did not take the fans in Dallas to see what many on Celticsblog have been saying for a long time.

Glad he's Dallas headache now.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2015, 09:04:42 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I would gladly relieve Dallas of their "problem" this offseason.   

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2015, 09:29:05 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Don't agree. Not pre-3 Toine. Pre-Max Deal Toine. Like Year 2 / 3 Toine. He was good. Employee #8.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2015, 09:41:20 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Don't agree. Not pre-3 Toine. Pre-Max Deal Toine. Like Year 2 / 3 Toine. He was good. Employee #8.

I make baskets.
Greg

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2015, 12:12:00 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
heh

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2015, 12:17:18 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Sorry fellas, I'm on vacation in Hawaii...

Can someone post something obnoxius and snarky on behalf, please?   Just cover the same broken record nonsense I spew daily... Mavs offense best in league prior to Rondo, Rondo needs ball to succeed, Monta couldn't even coexist with Steph, Rondo's defense negated by offense, something comparing him to 'Toine, etc...

Thanks

-LarBrd33

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2015, 12:26:22 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

And Jiri Welsch... who net us a late 1st that we traded for Rajon Rondo on draft night... Hopefully we draft an overrated player with one of the 3 picks we received for Rondo... that way the cycle can continue. 

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2015, 01:36:01 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Look, I'm not an Antoine fan at all, but that's ridiculous.