Author Topic: Dallas forums now looking Like Boston Forums  (Read 19977 times)

Re: Dallas forums now looking Like Boston Forums
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2015, 01:45:42 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Okay, so I did say this shortly after the trade went down, but I'll ask again - by the end of the season, which ex-Celtic will have performed better in Dallas: Rondo or Antoine?

I totally forgot Toine was on the Mavs

Really?  You forgot the transaction that netted us the great Raef Lafrentz (sarcasm), lol? ;D
And Jiri Welsch... who net us a late 1st that we traded for Rajon Rondo on draft night... Hopefully we draft an overrated player with one of the 3 picks we received for Rondo... that way the cycle can continue.

Right, except that we never would have had to do so in the first place in regards to trading Jiri Welsch if we had just kept the pick and never traded for Antoine.  I'm all for trading Jiri, especially if you can get a 1st rounder for him, but why not just keep the pick?  Btw, how bad was Cleveland's front office back then for them to have ever made such a transaction, lol?  Welsch SUCKED.

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2015, 03:17:23 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Okay, so I did say this shortly after the trade went down, but I'll ask again - by the end of the season, which ex-Celtic will have performed better in Dallas: Rondo or Antoine?

Really?  You forgot the transaction that netted us the great Raef Lafrentz (sarcasm), lol? ;D
When healthy, Raef was a much better player than Toine.

Look, I'm not an Antoine fan at all, but that's ridiculous.

Well, Raef was a very good player who gave Shaq serious problems. The problem was...he was rarely healthy post-Kansas. But without the knee issues, Raef was a seriously good player. We never got to see that guy, unfortunately.

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2015, 03:40:06 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/72107/big-number-rondo-hurting-mavs

and you guys always said i was bashing Rondo...I love the kid but I know when someone doesn't fit the bill too well... #'s Lie Big Time! He'll be much better with the Lakers....

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2015, 06:33:49 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

When healthy, Raef was a much better player than Toine.

Look, I'm not an Antoine fan at all, but that's ridiculous.

Well, Raef was a very good player who gave Shaq serious problems. The problem was...he was rarely healthy post-Kansas. But without the knee issues, Raef was a seriously good player. We never got to see that guy, unfortunately.

Okay, I started watching in 04-05, so Raef must have bothered Shaq in the years before I was a fan, lol, because all I ever saw the guy do was play lousy defense, fail to rebound (even a little), and miss a lot of 3s.  He was horrible.  I'm guessing that he only 'bothered' Shaq ::) because of the threat of his perimeter game, right?  You're really going to have to fill me in on this one, lol. ;D