Author Topic: With deflategate dying down, media manufactures new scandal regarding Blount  (Read 18949 times)

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
He never outright says that the Pats tampered, just really, really implies it.  Apparently, LeGarrette Blount made the mistake of talking to a friend on the Patriots who, through secret smoke signals, told LB to get the Steelers so upset that they released him, leading to his rejoining the Patriots. 

PHOENIX – It's not the big conspiracy theory that everyone is talking about. There are no footballs, equipment managers or surveillance tape. But it's still a question that New England Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount can't answer with a straight face.

Did Blount engineer his release from the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier this season because he knew the Patriots wanted him back? Did someone tell him he had a job waiting for him? Is this Super Bowl a reward for a twisted scheme?

On Tuesday, Blount repeatedly reacted to those questions with little more than Cheshire grins and half-hearted denials.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-other-patriots-conspiracy-theory--legarrett-blount-s-scheme-to-reunite-with-bill-belichick-233502306-nfl.html

Slow news week, new scandal.  News at 11.

Mike

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I wouldn't answer it with a straight face either.

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
He never outright says that the Pats tampered, just really, really implies it.  Apparently, LeGarrette Blount made the mistake of talking to a friend on the Patriots who, through secret smoke signals, told LB to get the Steelers so upset that they released him, leading to his rejoining the Patriots. 

PHOENIX – It's not the big conspiracy theory that everyone is talking about. There are no footballs, equipment managers or surveillance tape. But it's still a question that New England Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount can't answer with a straight face.

Did Blount engineer his release from the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier this season because he knew the Patriots wanted him back? Did someone tell him he had a job waiting for him? Is this Super Bowl a reward for a twisted scheme?

On Tuesday, Blount repeatedly reacted to those questions with little more than Cheshire grins and half-hearted denials.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-other-patriots-conspiracy-theory--legarrett-blount-s-scheme-to-reunite-with-bill-belichick-233502306-nfl.html

Slow news week, new scandal.  News at 11.

Mike

Interesting that this is out there but I don't buy it.  The Steelers weren't even playing him for whatever reason.  It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Here's where this theory sorta falls apart (or makes it much more difficult to achieve);  Blount had to clear waivers first.  31 other teams had a shot at him and no one made a claim.  Heck, the Patriots didn't even put a claim in on him. 

At any time during the waiver process, someone could have claimed him.   No one did so he's declared a free agent.  Then he signs with the Pats.

If he really wanted to push himself towards the Pats, he certainly took a risk by throwing a tantrum to get himself thrown off the Steelers and then pray to clear waivers to then sign with the Pats. 

Once he was declared a free agent, there's probably no doubt that he preferred New England over some teams because of the familiarity and such but, prior to that, it would've been pretty difficult to steer his way towards New England because of the system in place.

Man, Super Bowl week can't end soon enough.  Media is just ridiculous at the moment.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
You have to remember he was waived all the other teams could of put a claim for him. So it wouldn't have been a certain he was landing with the patriots. 

I think i was writing this post the same time as above user. 

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Really. I'm not really sure how you can say this on SB media day... but it must be a really slow week.

Sunday can't come soon enough.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Just goes to show, anyone can write anything without knowing the facts and some stupid media organization will put it out there.

You know, besides the Steelers waiving him, they also could have suspended him and not paid him.  That wouldn't have worked out so well for Blount. 

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Hahahaha.
Because, you know, the Patriots are cheaters. There's a cloud of scandal over there heads. First Spygate, then Deflategate, now this!!! Where there's smoke, there must be fire! (right Skip Bayless? If we say it enough times, it *must* be true!).
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Just for a lot of you guys that probably live in New England and only follow New England media: people still care about defaltegate.  It hasn't died down.  People around the country don't have the same view Pats fans do.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Just for a lot of you guys that probably live in New England and only follow New England media: people still care about defaltegate.  It hasn't died down.  People around the country don't have the same view Pats fans do.
I live outside of New England (though not by much -- in NYC), and it has died down, though not died out. There's only so much that the media can milk a story, especially when other newsworthy things come along (eg, Vandy football players).

Also, given that the NFL investigators are now reaching out to physics professors, it is pretty clear that there is no 'smoking gun' video. Rather, the NFL seems to be leaning toward understanding how much air pressure differences can be affected by temperature and other variables.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12241615/nfl-investigator-seeks-contact-columbia-university-physics-department-deflategate-probe
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think people see Belichick as a cheater.  They want to see him go down.  This comes from his attitude and Spygate.   I do not live in NE but I will be rooting for Pats in the Superbowl.  Celtic bleed over fan I guess but football isn't my sport.

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Brady is a cheater that simply canNOT win fairly withOUT gaining unfair advantages!!

http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/patriots-nearly-fumble-proof-after-brady-rule-change/?cat_orig=diversions

I am sure I just made a LOT of friends on this board:-)))))))))))))))))

Smitty77

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
yesterday on around the horn they were comparing Browner saying they should go after Sherman's arm to bountygate .....

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Brady is a cheater that simply canNOT win fairly withOUT gaining unfair advantages!!

http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/patriots-nearly-fumble-proof-after-brady-rule-change/?cat_orig=diversions

I am sure I just made a LOT of friends on this board:-)))))))))))))))))

Smitty77
Yes, not fumbling the ball to the opposition is very unfair. How are they going to win without getting the ball? :P

By the way, this article (which is written by a numerically illiterate snake-oil salesman) has already been posted. If you can't detect the hogwash in it, I recommend you take a college-level Stats class.

Next in this series: The Spurs haven't won less than 50 games since 98-99, this proves they are CHEATZORZ!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
yesterday on around the horn they were comparing Browner saying they should go after Sherman's arm to bountygate .....

Because Sherman was offering to pay his team-mates for hits on Sherman? Totally different. But hey, I bet it made for good circus on around the horn...
Celtics fan for life.